Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 8th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Mighty Hero

yeah all this makes sense to me and is good information to know. just felt like we started on one topic of Chosen/LotR (and should be TheOthers in that mix too), to just being about Gorblar. I personally didnt know Bahomet left Insurrection, knew about Stara Gwardia and Chain Gang tho.

And who is RDV?
Old 8th April 2011, 08:01 PM
Adventurer

RDV was The God Father's guild.

Plus, the way I see it, even if the thread was dedicated only to the chosen/LoTR, it still isn't accurate, because it affected a lot of people. I, myself, luckily, am completely unaffected by this. Syndicate may move up, or down in the rankings once all the fallout ends, and while I like to be ranked high, I'm more interested in chatting with some of the people I play with rather than just ranking alone.

RDV and Insurrection lost their leaders. If they recover from it, they will end up hopefully stronger for it because their leader was a douchebag. Baphomet mailed me yesterday after I borrowed some gold from him telling me how attacking him made him not want to consider coming to my guild and he instead went to chosen. It's a telling story, because the reasons he chose, and the people he aligned himself with are an illustration of the kind of douchebaggery that became of them, and as you stated before, I don't want to play with people like that.

I have enough responsibilities between work, life, and being the recruitment officer for a top 50 world WoW guild. And to top it off, S&F is not a game of skill. That's what makes it refreshing. Past knowing simple math and how to gear yourself (which sadly, some people still fail miserably at), this game is just a time waste and a place you can chat with other people, which is all I want it to be for myself. And its not like the chosen, LoTR or anyone else was anything special either.

Atric, the top player on this server, would be outside of the top 1000 on several of the german servers, and there are at least 200 guilds on the german and US servers alone that are well ahead of them. Their entire attitude through this process reminds me of the immature little kid process that people pull in wow taking a mediocre guild to a bad server, and then bragging about how good they are. the reality is that they pretty much suck. I almost feel sorry for it, because they are that 20 hour a week guild on a bad server that's 2/13 heroic now in 25 man, when good 10 hour guilds are 8 and 9/13 heroic.

But they left a lot of people in the dust, and it cost this server a good deal of people. That's whats sad.
Old 11th April 2011, 04:20 AM
Farm Hand

Wow, I wasnt even aware that I had an account on the forums. afaik, none of us even check this board so let me try to set some things straight, since it's apparently on so many's minds.

I see a lot of people talking who have no knowledge or what little knowledge they have are from biased sources (Saradain + ex-Chosen) or from outside assumptions. The only person with any knowledge whatsoever in this thread is Jinze and what he said was fairly close to the truth, except for the fact that Earthrise did indeed agree to join us if Leppie got leader and sent him an invite. He joined for about 3 days but due to later drama, Earthrise + all the Romanians left and decided he wanted to do his own thing with his old guild, the Others.

Let me clear this up, coming from someone who was from LOTR - nobody from LOTR took over any of the Chosen's accounts. There was no hijacking of any accounts & the officers of the chosen that were still playing were on board with this decision (that being Atric & Kahleen). Saradain WAS NOT an officer and in fact over the last 3 months, monitoring of him showed that he hardly played the game anymore - .1 levels/day average. I do not know why these people who are obviously ex-chosen are spreading this lie, but I do know for a fact that Saradain has in fact held a dislike of LOTR for quite some time (and whomever his "friend" is as well, I'm assuming) Many of those unguilded players are due to Saradain's & friend's underhanded actions of kicking everyone from guild that they could thanks to their access to Fhoosh's account (go ahead & try to recruit him, that original player is long gone - if you do in fact invite him, don't ever give him officer priv's). The only hijacking of any accounts here was actually Saradain + friend. And also, many of those still unguilded are probably due to the fact at the time of the merge, the Chosen did have many inactive players. Everyone who was still active was given an invite into LOTR or the Chosen...whether they took it or not was up to them.

The purpose was to push new dungeons. Competing with other guilds over ranking to us is silly - the ranking system has stood at Chosen/LOTR for months and then Urlonia. The only thing that changes this is people quitting & new mushroom players to overtake that.... whoopeedoo. Guild wars are nothing more than a source of xp. When the merge happened, the plan was to include all the high levels into one new guild to achieve this end and the rest in the second in hopes that they would increase their activity over time (basis was mushroom use & lack of activity, which we had been tracking). Arwen was planned to be included in this process, but from my understanding she kept going back & forth on her decision (the latter is second-hand information). Eventually to everyone's disappointment she ended up deleting herself, Orlon & Sissi, accounts she had been sitting for a while.

Yes, this is a pathetically small server with very limited resources as far as recruitment goes & doesn't compare to .de's 13 servers... big surprise. Still we all choose to play here and anyone that plays here as well and tries to downplay our strength here because of this should be asked why they aren't playing on the German servers themselves. For those of you that play wow and bring such comparisons here, why are there guilds that take pride to be #1 on their servers that are nowhere near the #1 progressed server in the game? Unless you're in Paragon, Method or Ensidia, it's silly to use this argument, especially when you play here and seek to progress your guild as well by trying to recruit out of lower ranked guilds yourself.

Anyone who has merged the strong players from two guilds into one have no grounds of judgement. LOTR in fact did this back in December when they brought in the strongest players from Insurrection & the Others and kicked out all the inactives and some of the lower levels. Yet there's a sad song being played for them now?

And in regards to the other former leaders of different guilds that joined, any of you saying anything that are in guilds that have been picking at & sending recruitment letters to members of their former guilds especially have no grounds for judgement (I'm looking at you, Syndicate). I think you would be singing a different tune if they joined yours instead. God Father is brothers with Nathax & wanted to play with him in a strong guild... since a new one was being born, this was a good opportunity. Baphomet moved here because he was the only mushroom player in Insurrection and felt as if everything hinged on him being there. Madman & Kinia's reasons are probably similar - they were the strongest players in their guild. Gorblar & company from what I understand were the only mushroom players in guild and wanted to play with the same. Regardless people are allowed to do what they want with their account and no explanation needs to be given to any of you. If they are doing anything that breaks the T&C of this game, that is on them and they will pay the price if discovered. Its really hard for me to believe how someone could afford, let alone manage 9 accounts all doing 300 thirst/day.... but I know for a fact there are people that do exactly this on this server (and their name isn't Gorblar).

Spreading lies, pointless animosity and underhandedness are the only things that should be judged here. Quiet in the henhouse, give it a rest

....and wall of text crits you for 9002 ;p

Edit: a bit of courtesy

Last edited by didndot; 11th April 2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11th April 2011, 06:34 AM
Mighty Hero

Whoa now holmes, watch the finger pointin. Sharks only judge the facts. IF someone is doing illegal activity, then yeah we dont want em. They can pay the piper. As far as the accusations with Gorblar, we ask questions, but we dont say yes or no. Whatever he does, sure we wanted to know what was up...50 ppz of high level in 1 guild, yeah we wanna know. But if he has 1-10 accounts with shrooms, hell we really dont care. more power to em.

Now, as far as picking and sending recruitment letters to members of guilds. Damn right we gonna. ANY guild would be stupid not to. Scout em out, if they good players, go for it. But, lemme fill in 1 blank for you. We've been doing this for MONTHS, since our guilds inception. Its called Guild Recruitment. EVERY guild does it. I personally have gotten letters from Urlonia, Chosen, AND LotR asking me to join. Some of them i respectfully refuse, some i delete, some i reply back saying WTS sales tips.

Long story short: Recruitment, and judging guild tactics..are 2 different subjects. Now me, i wont speak for Syndicate, Urlonia, or ANY other guild. But i will speak for the sharks when i say simply: To each their own, any GOOD player who is lookin for a home feel free to apply, and anybody who isnt a shark...Good luck to ya on the other side of the battlefield.
Old 11th April 2011, 06:49 AM
Farm Hand

Of course. Thats how recruitment goes, everyone should accept it. However, for anyone who is a member of a guild that tries to recruit people out of other guilds, including the leader, they do not have a right to call any of those leaders "douchebags" when they decide to leave and join a different guild other than their own and try to portray as if they care about the members that those leaders "left in the dust."

This is moreso directed at the statements by Xodi (look just a few posts up at him calling these leaders douchebags), but if you're in agreement with him in such statements - you didn't care about the health of those guilds when you were trying to recruit out of them, now all of the sudden you do? I really don't think you would if they had joined yours.

Edit: Some sloppy english
Edit 2: Just wanted to say, I love being labelled as a douchebag through blanketed statements from someone who gets their info from liars. Really, Xodi, try and get both sides of the story before you pass any judgement.

Last edited by didndot; 11th April 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11th April 2011, 07:00 AM
Mighty Hero

the only thing that interests me about leaders leaving guilds for other guilds, is the strength of both guilds. Things i gotta know as battle officer of the Sharks. Who im to attack, when to attack em, etc. Gotta win to get xp and dont wanna attack a guild that just recruited like 10 lvl 200's..

Im not gonna say i agree OR disagree with the actions of each individual involved in this situation. What i am gonna say though, is if a leader leaves his guild for greener pastures, then his previous members are fair game to recruit from. What the sad truth of the matter is, they were always fair game. Nothing changes if the leader leaves...except the strength of the guild and the % chance of recruiting previous members.

As far as you, honestly, dont know ya, dont know your situation, so not my place to judge you or call you a "douchebag". Hell before last week i never even heard of Earthrise and co. Im just lookin for my 50 good players, which i got most of. Got a few inactives to tend to that id like to replace with good players, and if i can find them amongst the destruction of a few other guilds, then koodos to us AND them.

What would be cool though is if you edited Sharks out of your posting...
Old 11th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Adventurer

At level 165, it takes close to 550 thirst on a 50% mount to get a level following an exp/time route and taking NO gold heavy quests. On a 30% mount, it would be close to 800 thirst. A guy making .1 levels a day, would be using 80% of their adventure time per day. Very inactive guy there.

But to summarize your statements,

1) As for the guy buying mushies for 9 others, Chain Gang's guild chat would say differently about your assessment, from the horse's mouth himself. But I know, you don't care and you wouldn't care to find out anyway.
2) Non mushie users are by definition inactive
3) To those left behind in LotR and those who didn't come along (mostly in TheOthers), as well as the several who quit, your basically saying "too bad, so sad". That's really nice of you bro, nice way to treat your former guildies.

Good luck in your quest to become the cream of the crap server. And BTW, when you refer to Atric, you know he's long gone right? This is atric #2, as from what I understand, the original doesn't even play wow anymore, and has been gone for some time. I can verify, but I believe Kahleen is in the same boat, as are many of the original chosen. So, the person who took over Atric was on board. Good to know.
Old 11th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Mighty Hero

im not trying to pick any fights or anything, but whats the difference between The Chosen and LotR merging, and Samurai Pizza Cats and Alfa Team merging?

Didnt you both have near 50 members and merged 2 guilds into 1, leaving everybody else sub 100 in another guild?
Old 11th April 2011, 09:49 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knytul View Post
im not trying to pick any fights or anything, but whats the difference between The Chosen and LotR merging, and Samurai Pizza Cats and Alfa Team merging?

Didnt you both have near 50 members and merged 2 guilds into 1, leaving everybody else sub 100 in another guild?
1) It was coordinated over the course of 2 weeks, not overnight based on a single mailing line. Furthermore, everyone knew what was coming, when it was coming, and who was going to be where, and NOBODY got blindsided unless they didn't log in for over a week.
2) Both guild memberships (at least the Pizza Cats), had 2 full weeks to discuss it, mail in concerns, and make sure that it was not something decided by a couple of people without the inclusion of everyone in the process.
3) Second account type characters, regardless of level, were moved into the Academy guild, and were not given preference over active individuals, which is why at the merger we still had level 60 people in Syndicate, but a few level 90 on up in the academy. There were still a couple people over the 50 in the merge, so volunteers were taken as well who volunteered to go to Academy.
4) I am not aware of anyone who was "left out" in the shuffle. As others became inactive, we replaced them either with people from outside (a couple from your own guild) who were waiting, or brought active volunteers up from Academy, with Academy getting preference. This is why Rock you free and Pompyro had to wait so long, because we were not in the practice of saying "hey, they are level 100+, you're level 60, now GTFO", like the chosen has done.

We didn't have a situation where 25 of the people who were invited just bailed on us either. Remember, the initial merge of those two guilds included a mere 24 people from the chosen and LOTR. They picked up 10 from chain gang, 1 from RDV, and 1 from insurrection, and 2 from Stars Gwardia to make their current 38.

20+ of the people who were invited either declined, quit, or as the chosen would have you believe "made a big stink about nothing because everything was fair and everyone knew and nobody got blindsided and everything was done in a means that was told to everyone in advance to discuss, etc (insert piles more BS here). "

You don't lose half the people who were supposed to be a part of something in translation because it was well planned, and everyone was informed. Common sense usually applies in these situations, and it's really not hard to tell why and how it was completely different.

Leadership generally has a responsibility to keep people informed and manage their expectations. Else, they will move elsewhere or if they do stay, they will not be happy. And now, to salvage what can best be called a pure sheitstorm of a merger, they are attempting to cherrypick from other guilds to make up for all the people who were "well informed, and knew everything, and were on boat with no concerns but decided not to come along last minute" or so this pile of garbage would have you believe.

TLDR version: Had this been a well-thought and concern addressing merger, you would not see half the original invite list either quit or go elsewhere, and you wouldn't have a current LoTR that is wondering what the hell happened, and why they were blindsided. That's why this is complete douchebaggery.

I hope that answers your questions.
Old 12th April 2011, 12:21 AM
Mighty Hero

gives an interesting perception thats for sure