Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 11th August 2011, 02:36 AM
Mighty Hero

Default Guild common courtesies

Just a thought i had that we could do on this server. If 1 guild is to attack another with the purpose of losing honor, if the attacking guild could send a message to the other guild letting them know their intentions. I know im guilty of this and maybe wasted some guild's times, as i know some guilds have done with us. Nothing sucks worse, than launching an attack, and the guild who attacked u, their attack hits an hour later, only to show they lose it on purpose just to bring their honor down a little bit. Puts us WAY up on honor, and the attack we launched, well now we are outside the 950 honor range, thus no exp and 10 hours wasted.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:17 PM
Farm Hand

Well thats kind of the point. To deny Xp muahahhahaha!

This was the evilest smiley i could find.
Old 12th August 2011, 07:13 PM
Mighty Hero

well that makes like zero sense. because lets say syndicate attacks sharks and loses on purpose. You lose the fight and gain no exp, we win the defense and gain honor that we didnt want but gain no exp. Kind of a waste on BOTH parties dontcha think?
Old 6th September 2011, 07:18 AM
Adventurer

it actually does make sense when you think about it. If we are in a position where we can lose once in order to be able to successfully attack you 5 or 6 times and gain honor, we're going to do it. If it is possible to do this also in a manner that denies an opponent an advantage, it would seem to make all the more sense. For the majority of a guild that does not shroom, two battles a day is the equivalent of a close to 25% of the experience they would earn from questing in a day. For a shroomer it ends up being closer to about 6-7% (3M or so for me vs around 37-42M from quests daily). If you can deny your opponents that over an extended period of time, it adds up fast. It is the very reason that after we brought over the 4 people from RDV we climbed slowly, and attacked guilds in a specific pattern to deny our closest rivals, specifically you and chain gang, anyone to be able to successfully attack for honor, a ruse that worked quite well for over a week. It may not seem like much, but those types of things add up faster than people think.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:00 PM
Mighty Hero

So to you, it makes sense to lose 10 hours of a day and gain nothing, just so you can cockblock someone else? When instead you can work something with someone else, where you both keep a constant flow of exp going and pursue where the REAL battle should be...pursuing Eternal Reign.

That makes sense to you?
Old 6th September 2011, 11:39 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knytul View Post
So to you, it makes sense to lose 10 hours of a day and gain nothing, just so you can cockblock someone else? When instead you can work something with someone else, where you both keep a constant flow of exp going and pursue where the REAL battle should be...pursuing Eternal Reign.

That makes sense to you?
You're missing the point here. We're not losing out on anything. Not to mention, if you wanted to stop it from happening, you could simply not chain pot and not defend every time. You guys are enabling this as much as we are initiating.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:57 PM
Mighty Hero

But you do lose out. When Guild A attacks Guild B and loses on purpose, that there is a loss of time (10 hours), and experience that could be gained by attacking another target and winning.

My point is this, if you want to throw away honor, just ask. Im sure theres a guild or 2 in the top 10 who would be willing to let you lose to them on purpose. I know Sharks for sure dont want other guilds attacking us just to lose on purpose (unexpectedly).
Old 7th September 2011, 06:04 AM
Adventurer

and again, you miss the reasoning. Right now, there is 1 guild we can attack and gain exp from. Once you are 950 below us, we can no longer do so. So if we lose to some other guild, we lose 200 honor and can attack you maybe 5 times before having to dump again. If we attack YOU and lose, you get 200 honor and we lose 200 honor, letting us attack 8 or 9 times for exp.
Old 7th September 2011, 07:59 AM
Mighty Hero

and in turn piss me off, which isnt the wisest of moves....as history has shown. I dont know why Xodi, but for some reason, you think its cute to try to get under my skin.

Last edited by Knytul; 7th September 2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knytul View Post
and in turn piss me off, which isnt the wisest of moves....as history has shown. I dont know why Xodi, but for some reason, you think its cute to try to get under my skin.
I don't think we much care about that. If you don't want to win, don't defend. But if you're trying to tell me its better for us to have to lose once every 5 or 6 days to some other random guild vs lose once every 8 or 9 against you is in our best interest, you're kidding yourself. It's simple math, and I hasn't bothered us in the past if you were upset, it doesn't know, and it's unlikely that it ever will in the future if Knytul is upset with our guild.