Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 27th May 2018, 06:31 AM
Joseph Lithius

Thumbs down [Bug] Hidden Fortress Defenders

This is a really annoying bug (?), that I'm experiencing.

Every once-in-a-while, when I attack another player's fortress, it won't display their defending forces (Archers and Mages). My "council" (the little smiley-face, in the lower-right corner) tells me that I can win the attack, too, but when I actually initiate the attack, I get steamrolled by an unlisted throng of mages or archers – sometimes, both. I would be fine with wasting troops on attacks that my council tells me I can't win… but, I really do not like getting wiped-out by defenders that I don't even know exist!

If this isn't a bug, "hidden defenders" really needs to be documented, somewhere. And, if it is a bug, I'm surprised it hasn't been reported.

Last edited by Joseph Lithius; 30th May 2018 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Reverting post topic title; it doesn't change the overall topic title.
Old 27th May 2018, 07:44 AM
Epic Hero

Gilde: UK forum

Please send a support ticket from the game and include your account name, server you are playing, your platform (browser, Steam, Android app, iOS app) and a screenshot if possible.

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.

Old 28th May 2018, 06:19 AM
Joseph Lithius

Okay. Done. I guess this topic can be closed, now…
Old 28th May 2018, 10:56 AM
Epic Raid Leader

You can't take too seriously these suggestions.
Sometimes they are more accurate, sometimes less.
Plus theres also RNG involved in fights themselves.

Especially deadly are situations where opponent has almost no elves, but has mages. There's no way you or the algoryth can tell if he lost 1 mage in the fight before or 14 mages.

You need to either play it safe or risk not winning. Your predictions are the key here.
Old 28th May 2018, 02:39 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lithius View Post
This is a really annoying bug (?), that I'm experiencing.

Every once-in-a-while, when I attack another player's fortress, it won't display their defending forces (Archers and Mages). My "council" (the little smiley-face, in the lower-right corner) tells me that I can win the attack, too, but when I actually initiate the attack, I get steamrolled by an unlisted throng of mages or archers – sometimes, both. I would be fine with wasting troops on attacks that my council tells me I can't win… but, I really do not like getting wiped-out by defenders that I don't even know exist!

If this isn't a bug, "hidden defenders" really needs to be documented, somewhere. And, if it is a bug, I'm surprised it hasn't been reported.
Archers are always visible while mages are always hidden. The counselor predicts the outcome of a fight but without mages as he does not know how many will take part in the fight.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 29th May 2018, 03:48 AM
Joseph Lithius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Archers are always visible while mages are always hidden. The counselor predicts the outcome of a fight but without mages as he does not know how many will take part in the fight.
Are you sure, about that, chief?

Like, are you suuuper-sure?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but…

Last edited by Joseph Lithius; 29th May 2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Apparently, I need to emphasize what this is a reply to.
Old 29th May 2018, 06:48 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Hey man, what's wrong with you? The screens you posted are all fine and show nothing special. In first two cases archers are perfectly visible with their number while mages have their number hidden.

The "council" takes number of mages as half of archers, so that if they are none, mages are not counted (as 0/2 is still 0). This is why there is, despite the fact mages are shown to be present here, your "council" unsure a bit on third screen.

Hope this will help you to solve this so-called issue.

Last edited by Selidah; 29th May 2018 at 07:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selidah For This Useful Post:
Kuba311 (29th May 2018), Leander (29th May 2018)
Old 29th May 2018, 07:59 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lithius View Post
Are you sure, about that, chief?

Like, are you suuuper-sure?

I mean, I'm not calling you a liar, but…
The first two opponents have a certain number of archers and a hidden number of mages. The last opponent does not have archers but a hidden number of mages. The meter in red, yellow and green only calculates how many soldiers you need for all known and revealed enemies...WITHOUT mages!

As there is a secret number of mages in the third screenshot it is NOT possible to use a green amount of soldiers as "green" only means how many soldiers you need for the opponent WITHOUT his/her mages!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Old 29th May 2018, 09:53 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
The first two opponents have a certain number of archers and a hidden number of mages. The last opponent does not have archers but a hidden number of mages. The meter in red, yellow and green only calculates how many soldiers you need for all known and revealed enemies...WITHOUT mages!

As there is a secret number of mages in the third screenshot it is NOT possible to use a green amount of soldiers as "green" only means how many soldiers you need for the opponent WITHOUT his/her mages!
Well, I wouldnt be so sure with this. From my experience, guide is "presuming", that enemy has half number of mages than archers. Let me explain, when i attack an enemy with full defense (30 archers, 15 mages), guide is almost always right with reccomended amount of soldiers (when i send +2 in yellow part of slider, 99% win). During attack to enemy without archers and with mages, using hint means almost always defeat, cause game thinks, there are no mages (even when we see that there if at least one mage) and reccomends strenght only to beat the wall. And in opposition, for player with archers and without mages, game still counts with mages and reccomends unnecessarily high amount of soldiers.

I dont know, if it is truth, everything is based just on my experience but almost all my fortress attacks in past years was succesfull thanks to this "tactics".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bortas For This Useful Post:
Selidah (30th May 2018)
Old 30th May 2018, 05:21 AM
Joseph Lithius

Quote:
Okay, we're clearly not understanding each other, here. And, I actually do mean that.
See, after reviewing those screenshots, I noticed that you're right; the number of archers is always displayed while the number of mages is always hidden. And, that's fine. It's functional and it seems fair enough. So, I apologize, for my misunderstanding. However… that isn't what I'm talking about, as far as the "bug" goes. So, I will try and explain this as simply as I can:

Sometimes, both "defender" boxes are empty,
but when I actually fight, the enemy has defending units.

This doesn't happen all-the-time and, in fact, hasn't happened for the last couple of days. But, it does happen. And, it is annoying. Either way, hopefully, this will clear up any confusion about what I'm actually reporting.

Also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortas View Post
[…] when i attack an enemy with full defense (30 archers, 15 mages), guide is almost always right with reccomended amount of soldiers (when i send +2 in yellow part of slider, 99% win). During attack to enemy without archers and with mages, using hint means almost always defeat, cause game thinks, there are no mages (even when we see that there if at least one mage) and reccomends strenght only to beat the wall. And in opposition, for player with archers and without mages, game still counts with mages and reccomends unnecessarily high amount of soldiers.
This is very helpful. It sounds about right, too, as I've attacked a fortress that didn't have archers – just mages – with the "recommended" soldiers, and gotten my butt whupped. Thank you.

Last edited by Joseph Lithius; 30th May 2018 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Adding a reply to Bortas.

Tags
bug, fight, fortress