Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Let's play!

Notices

Let's play! Board games, computer games & tabletops

Old 8th September 2010, 07:27 PM
Community Manager

Default Do you own a console?

Do you own a console? I love games but didn't have a console until...today because I normally play on the PC. Today I bought a Gamecube. The Wii is too expensive at the moment and I don't need its fancy functions but I do love the Super Mario characters. They are so cute, although I'm already 30 years old. I bought Mario Kart Double Dash, Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Smash Football (Super Mario Strikers) and Mario Party 4.

Yoshi and Toad are my favourites.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
fidget (25th January 2014)
Old 9th September 2010, 02:50 PM
Greenhorn

I have a SNES and a PSone, but i play most often on the PC. Consoles don´t have many point and click adventures, and these are my favourite.
Old 9th September 2010, 03:12 PM
Community Manager

I used to play on the SNES a lot with friends but never had one myself. Point and click adventures are great, I love playing them with my girlfriend. Day of the Tentacle, Black Mirror, Machinarium, Siberia 2, Agatha Christie-series...you?

Old 9th September 2010, 08:42 PM
Greenhorn

Yes Day of the Tentacle was great, also the Monkey Island series. The longest Journey was nice, Nibiru or Geheimakte Tunguska. I really love Myst (although I don´t know anyone else who likes these games). At the moment I play Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsene Lupine.
Old 10th September 2010, 12:10 AM
Community Manager

My girlfriend played Ni:Bi:Ru and both Geheimakte games. We have plenty of such games here. Sherlock Holmes - The Golden Earring, Arsene Lupin, Jack the Ripper...I don´t like Sherlock Holmes much though as you have to answer a lot of questions...

Myst is great, I solved all the riddles and puzzles without any help...only the mine ride was horrible...I got lost again and again so I looked the solution up.
We also almost finished Riven (got almost to the end, then we gave up)...Myst 3 - Exile was beautiful, too, especially the rollercoaster ride. Over the last months, we have played Myst IV...Myst V is still in its box and untouched.
Myst is a great series but some riddles are very hard and we often lack patience and cannot get into the right mood because of lack of time etc.

Old 10th September 2010, 12:25 AM
Greenhorn

I play mostoften without sound, you can imagine how long it took me, to get any success at the beginning in Myth *giggle*.
I can´t remember for sure, but I think Riven was too hard in some points. Exile was grant. Although it also took me ages to solve it. I am not a fan of walkthroughs. I don´t need to buy a riddle-game when I look the answers up.
I like the Sherlock Holmes series because you have to see and listen so closely to everything, to answer all the questions. But at the moment i would rather play Lupin than Holmes, I just like his storys (books and films).
Old 20th September 2010, 05:09 PM
Community Manager

Without sound? Why? The sound and music in Myst are very good and also important. The game´s riddles are often a comibination of sounds, symbols and colors.

And even if it´s not Myst - the music adds to the atmosphere of a game. I wouldn´t play one without it.

Old 21st September 2010, 12:23 AM
Greenhorn

Yes, now I know that too
But most videogames have terrible music, so i mute them right from the beginning. I rather listen to a CD while playing.

Okay there are a lot of RPGs with a good soundtrack, but I don´t play those because of my small netbook, which is my only PC and all the fancy games with a lot of graphic don´t run at all, or only do a very poor performance.

Last edited by Zathy; 21st September 2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 23rd September 2010, 03:43 PM
Community Manager

I see.

Old 15th November 2010, 07:02 PM
Greenhorn

Nintendo FTW!
I have almost all common Nintendo consoles (except the SNES )
All the Mario games are awesome (I never play as Mario ) !!!