Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 6th January 2016, 07:06 AM
Mushroom Collector

I think that the rank based system is better than the old way. The only attraction of the old way was that it was very different to the HoF and so offered variety. The objection to the new system is partly flawed as climbing ranks was always going to make you more vulnerable to others. But I agree that the gap between levels of attackers/defenders is too great. Generally you can beat players with lower ranked defenders but not equal (unless the attacker has a very large number as in the example cited).

The problem which is linked to the one cited as I see it is that players who climbed ranks under the old system by focusing on military units have been left stranded. They are suddenly having to compete with much stronger players with no worthwhile targets for them to attack. I started a character on DE1 when the fortress system started. Because it took a while to get going due to lack of gold he was well behind in fortress. But he subsequently managed to climb to rank 55. He is now getting smashed up repeatedly with no opportunity to save resources for major upgrades.
Old 8th January 2016, 04:54 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
I started a character on DE1 when the fortress system started. Because it took a while to get going due to lack of gold he was well behind in fortress. But he subsequently managed to climb to rank 55. He is now getting smashed up repeatedly with no opportunity to save resources for major upgrades.
That´s exactly the problem.The way it is no is not fair and it can be abused when people are not attacking and staying on lower ranks.
The attack system in fortress should be based on level of Fortress.It would be the most fair way, because people couldnt abuse it - since if they want to level up in fotress, level of Fortress is required to move on.
Old 8th January 2016, 11:47 AM
Mushroom Collector

I do not agree with you
The rolling systems should be based on fortress's honour NOT upgrade level.
The quickest way of fixing that would be changing absurd system of receiving honour points from raids. Now we only get +1 no matter how many defenders are knocked down.

How about revamping as follows:
0) you get points from successfully defeated opponent and these points are determined by what was destroyed during battle;
1) ever defender (archer or mage) has its own level depending on smithy's level; this scales from 1 to 20
2) every wall has its own level; this scales also from 1 to 20
3) you can have up to 40 archers and up to 20 mages
4) the honour formula reads:

(wall_level + archer_level*number_of_archers + mage_level*number_of_archers) / arbitrary number, e.g. 10

5) the result is rounded

Some examples:
- wall: lvl 10, archers 20 at lvl 12 and 11 mages at lvl 12: honours gain would be 38
- wall: lvl 20, archers 40 at lvl 20 and 20 mages at lvl 20: MAX honour would be 122

This is my initial thought in this matter
Old 8th January 2016, 06:38 PM
Epic Hero

Why should it be based on honour though ? It would be still abused by people - they would simply never attack, thus nobody would be able to beat them.And that´s way more profitable than attacking and being threatened by attacks.
They way it is, the best thing you can do is Never attack and you will get best profits.That´s how it is when its based on honour. And that´s the biggest flaw of honour based attack system.

Last edited by Borb; 8th January 2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 8th January 2016, 07:00 PM
Mushroom Collector

But you still get honours from upgrades...
Besides, if you not want to attack then it is fine - you do not really need to do that, just claim your resources from quarry and woodcutter's hut.
The same is with honours of your hero - you do not fight against anyone if you do not wish, but you receive 10 points of honour from each quest.
Old 8th January 2016, 08:31 PM
Epic Hero

Yeah but Arena means nothing - you do not get penalty for losing, just a mere 0.001% of gold, but you lose too much in fortress.Arena has no impact on game.

Fortress is something totally different and yes i agree, attacking should be optional and it is - but defending Shouldnt be optional.

You attack because you dont want to get rank 1, you attack because you want to be as developed as possible - you attack because you want Resources, obviously. You spent time checking oponents and calculate troops etc, wanting to be faster than others because of your loot.That´s a racional attitude of anyone who wants to be amongst best players ........ But this is impossible with honor based system and it makes the game unfair for people like that,not to mention that it can be easily abused,how ?

To abuse this fortress is quite simple - all you need to do is not attacking and you will be way better than people who spend time on attacks, because
A) With just slightly better defense, nobody will beat you because of your low rank, thus you will get more resources than attacking players ( because they are high ranked, thus other high ranked players attacks them too).
B) You wont need to make defenses after every fotress upgrade, because there will simply be no enemies who could defeat you - so with like lvl 10 fortress,7 defenses will make you invincible
C) Profit. Just with this, you will be better than rank 1 player. Just stay at low ranks for like well, three months - then make high lvl soldiers and u will easily wreck anyone.Or even better, dont ever move up and you will remain invincible for eternity - well, unless the new update changes and will make the new battle system based on level of your fotrtress.Until then, Abuse and Enjoy i suppose : )
Old 8th January 2016, 08:49 PM
Mushroom Collector

So you want to force everyone to play actively?
Leave those who are afraid of the game and stand against real players who are thirsty for others' blood (resources)!
I would like to challenge those tops players, instead of attacking someone who will not counterattack me...
It sounds like you look for easy targets
Old 8th January 2016, 10:12 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMA90 View Post
So you want to force everyone to play actively?
Leave those who are afraid of the game and stand against real players who are thirsty for others' blood (resources)!
I would like to challenge those tops players, instead of attacking someone who will not counterattack me...
It sounds like you look for easy targets
No, i dont want people to abuse the system. Those who are afraid of them should get attacked, obviously. That´s why you have Archers,Mages and Fortifications for - now these are all useless with honour system and it encourages the player to do it like that. Do you think that´s fine ?
Old 8th January 2016, 10:42 PM
Mushroom Collector

In what sense ppl would abuse the system? Not being interested in looting others?
Like I said before, if they do not want to battle, I am fine with that Do you want to be among top players battling with them or you want to easy targets without counterattacks from these afraid players?
From what you write, I infer that you want raids other, but not being looted at the same time. If so, focus on your own resources.
Why do you care about these players who are not really interested in fortress's fights?
Honour system is for BEASTS and should determine the strongest players who send more than 30 soldiers against walls, archers and mages in order to defeat equally admirable opponents.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOMA90 For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (9th January 2016)
Old 8th January 2016, 11:32 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMA90 View Post
In what sense ppl would abuse the system? Not being interested in looting others?
Like I said before, if they do not want to battle, I am fine with that Do you want to be among top players battling with them or you want to easy targets without counterattacks from these afraid players?
From what you write, I infer that you want raids other, but not being looted at the same time. If so, focus on your own resources.
Why do you care about these players who are not really interested in fortress's fights?
Honour system is for BEASTS and should determine the strongest players who send more than 30 soldiers against walls, archers and mages in order to defeat equally admirable opponents.
If you are not interested in looting others, it doesnt mean that others arent interesting in looting you : ) That´s concept of fortress, like in medieval ages. Otherwise it should be called farmwille and you could just check option " Do not want to engage in battles ".

And should i repeat myself again ? You attack so you Gain Advantage, but with honor system, attacking brings No Advantage and not attacking will make you stronger = which is absolutely irrational.

Oh and btw, its easy to become rank 1 even if you are weak.Its not about who is stronger or weaker, its only about a number of win fights: Attack people without units, people just with fortress ( you just send 1-2 soldiers) and you quickly rise and become rank 1. This is all about Admirable Oponents.

For the sake of fairness of the game, it should be based on level of fortress - otherwise its not fortress at all.

And that´s all from me, about mechanics of the game - its just to point out flaws and give ideas for potential changes.