Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Off Topic

Notices

Old 2nd May 2016, 04:08 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default Pet Talk

Good day to you

I have opened this thread to give out a bit of advice and tips regarding the topic "When to switch your main pet to feed". I am sending out multimessages to my guild on a regular basis regarding various topics, but this topic is to advanced for even a dozen messages (and the possibility for easily linking screnshots makes it much more convenient to read and understand), that is why i am posting it here in the external forum. This whole text already exists in german in the german forum, but i have two english-only guild comrades and i have no intention of leaving anyone behind!

I am NOT aiming to open a thread here for number-nerds (is this even an english word?). We have a couple of threads about this in the german forum already, detailing how the strenghts of the different pets evolve according to their place in the habitat, and i do not intend to scare anyone away here with a few hundred words about this. (If anyone wants to know specifics, i CAN write about it. But not in this thread!) I want to write a bit simpler about this topic here, for players who do not sleep with a calculator under their pillow

I am trying here, to make players understand the rapid increase of the habitat strenght the further you progress, and i will then write about the stratgies, decisions and the mistakes i made, regarding the different elements and this will hopefully get a little insight to the readers.

To give you an overview about the strength of your later habitat opponents (I am only posting the number for the mainattribut. Endurance will be the same, the minor stats one half of this value and luck will be at 3/4):

The 7. habitat will have a main attribut of 559, the 8. will have 756, the 9. will have a bigger jump to 1124 and the 10. will have 1575. I can not write anything about the later habitats, because no one (except the developers) has any informations on them.

Let us take a look at our third pet: If we feed it up to level 100, it would have a mainattribut 1636 in a pack of 7 pets. It would be a lot stronger than the 10. habitat because its basedamage will be higher. It will have a lot more life because it will be lv 100 compared to lv 34 the opponent will have. And it will have a luck of 50% beginning with level 61. You will be able to beat the 10. habitat with your 3. pet! But if this will be possible under lv 75 i dare to doubt. Of course your 3. scout pet could kill the 10. warrior earlier. Of course, your 70er Tinck can get a luck series of 15 in a row.

To be clear about this: I do not think it will be possible to beat the 11. habitat with one of the three basic pets, even if we raise it to lv 100. But i can only be definite about this, when stats for the 11. are known. I have decided for myself, that i will not feed my basic pets up to ~80-90 to beat the 10. Whoever wants to do this, feel free. It should be one guaranteed fruit thanks to the PvP every day.

I will reserve another post here now for each of the elements and one for a epilogue.

In these posts i will take a look at all of the pets 6-13 with screenshots of their prerequistes and i will post screenshots of my two habitats and then write a bit about thoughts,decisions and mistakes that i have made. I am opening this thread in the off-topic section, i do not want to get myself accused of posthunting. But i can not send out a hundred messages to my guild and maybe one or two of the other readers here do not consider this a complete waste of space.

I am not claiming to know everything. But i think that a few of my guildcomrades and forum users might deem it helpfull in getting a little understanding. The elements are very different in the ease or complication on how to progress through them. I think earth/fire are fairly simple but light/water can be a bit more complicatet.

About my personal pet situation: I am playing two worlds, a mage on W5 and a warrior on W6 (this will influence a few of my decisions too). I have achieved one of the following:

1. I managed to "accidently" miss almost all of the locations needed to find pets until and including saturday after the pets were released.

or

2. I have the theorie, that basic pets have to be explored in the habitats too, before you can count on finding them.

Whatever, i have been proud owner of 9 respectivly 10 pets on Saturday evening after doing my thirst (I had Tinck in the nest with the 10 pets).

Pet Food: The ammount i find i call "sufficient". I find/fight through PvP enough food to get 26-28 of the 30 food i need to feed my mainpets on two worlds any given day and i have normally 7-10 food for the next day already in my inventory. And i only win like 3.5 PvP fights every day.

I have decided for myself, that i will take two elements and use them as PvP Killer netting me assured fruits every day and three elements where i will try to progress as fast as possible.

PvP Elements will be Light and Water for my mage and Light and Earth for my warrior. Those are only of minor importance for my characters.
Mushroom Collector

OK then. Let us jump right into the matter and start with: Fire

Here is an overview about the pets 6-13 and the prerequisites of finding them:

Magehabitat W5

Warriorhabitat W6

My problem regarding firepets was on both worlds, that i have not been able to find Gullps during the first four days, Pyrophibus as a warrior is too weak for my liking (he did not have the ability to block at that time) and i did not want to feed the first pet.

Goal for the summer: Get Pet#12.

To me this is quite simpel: I aim for Peppryon as fast as possible, then feed him until i can beat habitat#12 and then switch again. Peppryon is a mage, so there should be no really big problems with a warrior, 2 mages and a scout as enemy pets 9-12.

What could be worth considering: Trying to aim for Pet#10 with your basic pet and then switch it, while having a very strong PvP element with Fire. But my flamechirr should be able to defeat Peppryon arround ~35. Then feeding flamechirr another 2-3 weeks with another 30-40 fruits getting Nr#10 and then being stagnating another two weeks while feeding Tikiricky? Not me with the element fire. But this should not stop you from trying it. My plan of getting the pet#12 with #8 can go completly wrong. Well, there is always Plan B, and i will just stick with the #11.

A few more thoughts on getting #10 with a basic pet? Tikiricky is a mage, so you can not defeat him with a lucky series of evasions. #11 is a mage too, and i really doubt he can be defeatet with a basic pet.

Getting Peppryon seems to be the most convenient way to progress through the fire habitat. To me. You will not have the problem that you will meet in the water habitat and a few others. Peppryon has no specific day requirement, only the season spring. We will just not have the problem, that he can only be found on a monday, but we defeat his habitat only on tuesday. And we would then have to decide, how much food we store for him in our inventory for 6 days.

Last edited by Bayaz; 2nd May 2016 at 04:15 AM.
Mushroom Collector

Shadow:

Overview Pets 6-13

Pet#10 can only be found during fall, this leaves us with pets#9+#11 as target pets for the near future. Nr#11 as a mage could again be next to impossible for one of the three basic pets, Nr#9 is a lot easier imo.

Magehabitat W5

Warriorhabitat W6

You might guess it, i have not been able to find toothey in the beginning. About my feeding strategy: The first pet is to weak for me in the long run and a warriorpet at #2 against a scout at #9? Do i want to make this experience? #7-8 are not possible because of their season requirement.

So i have feed Digmol on W5 until i could defeat Jackobu at #6 and directly got him then. On W6 i have decided, after a few days in a row of not getting any shadow fruits, that the fodder is better investet in occultacle then in slurp. But at the moment i made this decision, i thought that the strenght of the pets in the second row would gradually increase and that i would get to #11 with relative ease. If this will work? Only time will tell. Would i do this again? Absolutly not, it would have been wiser to wait for Jackobu and then switch to him.

I will have to hope that i will defeat Petdacat (9) until Friday and then switch. Not much more to do with a lv 31 occultacle anyway. Switching now to Jackobu does not seem reasonable.

W5 is a bit more exciting. How much food will i be able to find in the next couple of days. Can i get pet#11 for less than 70 levels? If i clear habitat 9 exactly on a friday, should i switch again?

If you have toothey as a main pet, i would suggest trying directly for Petdacat and then switch. Your warrior vs. scout duels have the potential to get a bit frustrating, but if the scout has an unlucky evasion series this should be fine after a while. If you are unable to get it on a friday, i would suggeest saving 5-9 shadowfood in your inventory (depending on size and other preferences)and just feeding the rest of the food to your main pet.

Last edited by Bayaz; 2nd May 2016 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:09 AM
Mushroom Collector

Light:

Overview Pets 6-13

Pets #7+#8 can not be found at the moment, so let us take a look at the later habitats: Lampcess#9 is a warrior and Teslarr#10 + Sunnya#11 are both mages (Every pet in the 11. habitat is a mage, except earth, he is a scout)

Magehabitat W5

Warriorhabitat W6

Spontaneously, i would call my two habitats here heaven and hell^^

On W5 i had Tinck in the nest and always sufficient food. On W6 poor Shaggyl was all alone for the first 4 days.

As i write this, it is saturday. If i can manage to beat Lampcess with my 46-48 Tinck on monday i am strongly considering throwing all considerations regarding Pets 10-11 and PvP Power overboard and directly switch to Lampcess. Otherwise i will just keep on feeding Tinck and decide at the end of the week, if i wait for Pet 10 or start stacking food for the following monday for lampcess.

On W6 i do not have to think at all at the moment. Switching from Pet#4 to #6 is a no go to me. I will just feed Cloudning for another week and then i will start considering which pet to switch to.

I would not try to explore the 10. habitat with Shaggyl. This should be possible before Lv 100, due to the increased damage, more life and higher luck. On lv 100 Shaggyl will have a Strength of 1377 (with the 7 pets, you can have in your pack until summer) compared to the 1575 Intelligenz of Teslarr. I would not try to find out, if you can beat him with 80, 85 or 90.

Jellclops will have a strenght of 1500 (7er pack) at lv100. I am not comfortable thinking about, when this will be possible for real. But this should not stop anyone from trying.

Tinck will have the same stats as the 10. Habitat at Lv 96/97 (7er pack). This should easily be beatable 20 levels earlier. Maybe 25.

But Teslarr can only be found on tuesday. I think this has a lot of potential for frustration. If i should aim for him, but can only explore the habitat on wednesday i will be quite frustratet for a bit.

Last edited by Bayaz; 2nd May 2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:09 AM
Mushroom Collector

Earth:

Here it looks quite simple:

Overview Pets 6-13

If we take a look at the second line, we will see that there is only one pet that can be aquired during spring among 6-9, Boarring on spot 9. But at least he is not tied to a specific day. Anytime we explore him in may we can instantly get and feed him.

Magehabitat W5

Warriorhabitat W6

As you can see (again), Lady Luck did not smile on me regarding third pets in my nests and finding them, but at least i got enough food on W6 after actually finding him. But this is not that bad, since i see it as the only viable path to aim for boarring on 9 and then switch. No complication on missing Mameloth sundays and i have no intention to feed Bittnuzz on W5 until i might be able to defeat habitat #11.
Whoever had the "luck" to already have Muscudon in his pack and has already fed him, feel free to try for habitat #11. But i still think that it would be only fair to everyone else to fix him away.

Boarring is a warrior and he will go down against my scoutpets 3+4 at some point. On W5 (as a mage) i will switch to him 100%. What to do with my warrior on W6 will be decided spontaneously. The earlier i get him, the higher the chances of my switching. If this takes another age, maybe i will then try for a scout vs. scout duel, Smaponyck vs. Rheynooh. This would net me a safe fruit in PvP for a very long time. But i am unsure if it is even possible to win this fight. I will have 8 pets at most in my pack until fall. But maybe i will try it. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

Last edited by Bayaz; 2nd May 2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:10 AM
Mushroom Collector

Waterhabitat:

Overview about Pets 5-12:

I have picked habitats 5-12 here, because the can be found in threes on consectutive days. Namely 5-7 from Monday to Wednesday and 9-11 von Thursday to Saturday.

Magehabitat W5

Warriorhabitat W6

Ocodile is Pet#3. Nuff said. But thankfully i have always found enough waterfruits to feed both my mainpets to the maximum every day and my waterpack is the strongest on both worlds.

On my warrior world, i decided to switch to the Aquaphant as soon as possible and then see how far he will take me. My plan for W5 was to switch later, to pet 9 or 10, but at this moment i still thought the pets would gradually gain more strength in the second row. But since the 9+10 grow stronger faster, i would like to save myself the experience of going against the scout octoboss (9) and warrior ewilgryn (10). Had i the ocodil as a main pet then, i would probaby still feed it and go for #10.

One might even be able to get to #11 Seapard with Ocodil. Thanks to the few seasonal requirements we should have 9 pets in our pack when fighting the 11. habitat. Even though ocodil is a warrior, chances might be better with him, because the other elements will only have 7 or 8 pets in their packs.

For those who are still a bit behind in the element water, if you have not beaten the 7. habitat yet, i managed it very easily with a 31 orcahle on two worlds. So an ocodil should be able to do it at ~28. If you still have a basic pet and do not want to aim for 9 or 10, you might want to consider switching to the aquaphant on wendnesday (if you explore the habitat then) or if you go for a later one or switch to 6.

Last edited by Bayaz; 3rd May 2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 04:10 AM
Mushroom Collector

All the stuff above is a little outdatet already. Those are my habitats from last saturday, but i have to admit that after spending most of my spare time from the last 6 days in thinking, formulating, rethinking, writing and then translating this stuff my brain does not allow for a lot more writing. I will definetly write some more on this matter, but not today. Or tomorrow

Last edited by Bayaz; 3rd May 2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10th May 2016, 04:05 PM
Epic Hero

I think that a summary of the above is "go with the 3rd pet until you get a mage pet as fast as possible in the 8-11 range and switch to that"?

Do you feel that is a good strategy? I've managed to beat 9th habitat on all cases, now feeding 3rd pet for the 10th but really unsure about it :S
Old 10th May 2016, 10:08 PM
Mushroom Collector

I have switched too early to new mainpets on W5, and i am really struggling to win even 3 PvP fights there everyday. Now. Might change in a week or two.

My advice now would be: Aim for a pet in the double digits and go as far as you can with your mainpet. Even if this means leveling your starter pet to 80.

I would pick scouts over mages over warriors.

My exception is the earth habitat: Pet 15+16 can not be found this year(easter+whitsun). These are the first two rare pets and i believe, they will get a lot stronger from this point onwards. I doubt that you can make the jump to 17 with a pet lower than 13 (or 14 even). So if you switch to 11 (a scout and the prefered target pet for quite a few of my fellow germans) but then have to go to 14 again, it might be faster to first switch to Pet 9 and then aim for 14 from there.

Pet 9 can be found at any day, as soon as you have beaten the habitat, you do not have to wait for a specific day with him. I have switched on both worlds to him, hoping for the best.

I could be completly wrong with this, only time will tell.
Old 17th May 2016, 07:32 PM
Farm Hand

Can you give an update on how things are going for you and maybe give some additional advice based on your experience so far?

I'm planning on leveling all my main (basic) pets close to max (or max) and have pretty strong PvP pets to secure me some fruit, then switch to a certain pet in the 11-14th range (hopefully I can get that far) depending on the situation later on in the habitat. What do you think?