Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 29th January 2019, 07:38 PM
Veteran Epic King

Default Our voice is not always heard, I propose global equality!

As members of the International Community, our voice is not always heard.

Feedback and Decisions are being made mostly without our input in the German Forums.

I propose we have new representation in Community Feedback that provides equality between Germany and the rest of the world.

1. If there is concern and feedback about an update, that information should be passed between all forums, but most importantly the German Forums and the International Forums.

2. If there is a poll being conducted that Playa would take advice from for decision making, that poll should be conducted between all forums.

3. A decision should not be made until feedback is gathered from all communities.

This way, we have an equal, global community.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 29th January 2019 at 07:40 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Alquavene (30th January 2019), beroun (31st January 2019), QeniX (29th January 2019), Shnitel (9th February 2019), tieum (30th January 2019)
Old 29th January 2019, 07:55 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
As members of the International Community, our voice is not always heard.

Feedback and Decisions are being made mostly without our input in the German Forums.

I propose we have new representation in Community Feedback that provides equality between Germany and the rest of the world.

1. If there is concern and feedback about an update, that information should be passed between all forums, but most importantly the German Forums and the International Forums.

2. If there is a poll being conducted that Playa would take advice from for decision making, that poll should be conducted between all forums.

3. A decision should not be made until feedback is gathered from all communities.

This way, we have an equal, global community.

Which decisions are being made in the german forums?
Old 29th January 2019, 07:57 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I disagree. Feedback, thoughts, suggestions and criticism of all communities are forwarded by local community managers regularly and in-depth in the monthly report. There are no situations that German players want a new dungeon but the French community wants something new to do with pets and the German forum would play a more important role because of community size or due to Playa's German roots.

Feedback is collected from individual communities and added up.

What is even more important: there are no real differences! An update is loved or hated in the same way across the S&F world. Suggestions are similar too.

What you suggest (1-4) has been done by community managers for years anyway, reports, internal discussions etc.

EDIT Local forums are based on language. It wouldn't make sense or change anything if all non-German players signed up in the German forum and posted their feedback there.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 29th January 2019 at 08:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
BMWGuinness (30th January 2019)
Old 29th January 2019, 08:03 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Which decisions are being made in the german forums?
Here is the result of the most recent proposal by the German Forums and Playa's decision.

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7815

The German Forums held a poll:

The majority voted for a Gem Mine limit of 50.

After an exhaustive discussion, Playa decided to limit the Gem Mine to 100 and the Gold Pit to 100.
Old 29th January 2019, 08:10 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I disagree. Feedback, thoughts, suggestions and criticism of all communities are forwarded by local community managers regularly and in-depth in the monthly report. There are no situations that German players want a new dungeon but the French community wants something new to do with pets and the German forum would play a more important role because of community size or due to Playa's German roots.
I saw nothing forwarded to the International Forum regarding a cap to the Gem Mine and Gold Pit in order to get the International Forum's feedback.

Quote:
Local forums are based on language. It wouldn't make sense or change anything if all non-German players signed up in the German forum and posted their feedback there.
I believe if Non-German players were not signed into the German forum, the result might have been different (ie a cap at 50). I am very appreciative of the fact that Playa made the decision they made.

I am just asking that next time, the International Forum be included in the discussion.
Old 29th January 2019, 08:12 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

The German community manager posted the poll. Sometimes we are told to do something in all forums but every community manager also acts on his/her own. For example, I posted a poll which S&F version you all use but others didn't.
As there are internal talks anyway all communites are heard and nobody is excluded.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Old 29th January 2019, 08:17 PM
Veteran Epic King

To be clear, I've been very happy with the International Forum (much of the improvement came directly from Leander's efforts, a very fair community manager) ... but was personally horrified when I came across the German Forum poll ... my participation there was minimal for the last year (up until the last few days), mostly only to gain information based on tools, calculations, etc. (Much thanks to Eggman95 for a lot of this, and the other players who spend their personal time crunching the numbers).

Again, to reiterate, I just ask inclusion ... because Playa came back very quickly with an answer to the German Forum request ... which affects S&F globally.

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 29th January 2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 30th January 2019, 03:10 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

I know me and BMW haven't always seen eye to eye on different things over the years but this I have to agree ALL FORUMS SHOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE FOR IMPUT. the decision to change the cap on gem mine and gold pit effects all and to have only 1 forum having the chance to give their input is messed up to put it kindly.

Wow we had a poll on which version of the game we use like that is going to effect how the game is played everyone knows Flash is done just a matter of time we all get forced to change to 3.0. So to say your poll is just as important as the one on the German forum that's a joke but if you may or may not notice I am not laughing. We didn't need a pol but just a chance to give our input.

That all being said I am fine with the change just wished 1 I knew about talks of changing the cap and 2 could of had mine and everyone else's input to get a better chance of getting what the w.hole S+F communities wanted.
Old 30th January 2019, 07:26 AM
International Community Manager

All forums do have the right to give input and this forum here did that often enough. You can thank Leander for his work, we are in contact all the time.

BMW is changing the (forum-)game here a bit by telling you that a user vote did change something.
WRONG. The only vote that counts for me is a vote that I set up.
Also that vote he mentions never had any impact on our decision, because the question asked there is totally irrelevant (because it only asks about one "solution" that one user suggested) - and BMW knows that.

So please, do not fool the not-german understanding people by claiming things that never happened that way.

Try using convincing facts, reasons and explanations - those do work for me.
BMW knows that because he knows (and wrote in the thread in the german forum), that the change that will come, is a consensus of almost all reasons that were written by the different users (fun fact: the 100 instead of the 50 is because of his postings).

Last edited by KO771; 30th January 2019 at 07:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KO771 For This Useful Post:
Old 30th January 2019, 08:39 AM
Adventurer

Well I see some justification for BMW's complains.
By saying this:
Quote:
fun fact: the 100 instead of the 50 is because of his postings
You yourself agree that his voice had an impact and would have not if he did not randomly stample about our discussion in the german forum, what will rarely be the case for non-german speakers.

On the other hand I found this example quite good and rare, because communications and decision making was very transparent there, not facing players with faits accomplis, but maybe the discussion could have been passed to the international forum to hear their arguments if they have some, before the decission was made. I guess that would also have helped BMW as he seems to be a non-german speaker also that trys to communicate with the germans with translaters, with moderate success.

Last edited by Acclamator; 30th January 2019 at 08:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Acclamator For This Useful Post: