Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2017, 02:10 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I'd also change it to 100% but the devs insist on a lower chance to create the impression of a quest for the heart, searching for something precious that doesn't automatically show up in your inventory.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 4th November 2017, 12:10 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Or the chance should increase when you do not find it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Korillion For This Useful Post:
katastrofeas (4th November 2017), Lumidee (5th November 2017)
Old 4th November 2017, 02:28 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I'd also change it to 100% but the devs insist on a lower chance to create the impression of a quest for the heart, searching for something precious that doesn't automatically show up in your inventory.
That's the problem with it in part either have requirements or have to find something not both. makes ppl want to quit like here you have to meet these requirements ... oh and you have to find this as well blah reason why I will be dropping down to one toon soon. was a pain finding the heart gem as it was not gonna even try for it on my other toon. use up my shrooms then done there.
Old 6th November 2017, 05:56 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Messing with the time machine. I didn't use it yesterday because I wanted to be sure everything stacked.

The day before that, I was getting 250 honor.

Just did the TM, had 6/300. I got 10 honor and it used up all 6 "minutes."

I liked it better the other way.
Old 6th November 2017, 12:16 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I understand that when you're talking about players that do not -yet- meet the requirements... when they get to minimum level (for Tower), they will start trying to get this precious item, and it will feel like a reward to get it.

Contrast it to release date, where I will take myself as an example. I got bored of the game (at ~380lvl), and stopped playing. I read the announcement about this new feature, and was excited to start playing again, since I (still) am a fan of Dungeon Keeper, and felt it would be an interesting twist. Thus I come back to the game, grab some shrooms, get set, and ... still have no access to this new feature almost two weeks after the release (yup, still nothing, mining every 8 hours since release ).

I hope I don't need to tell you how off-putting this is - I wanted to give the game a second chance, and probably spend more shrooms in it. Instead, I've been grinding the same (hopeless, useless) grind for almost two weeks, with nothing new (other than bucketloads of gems).

If the devs want to make it "precious", spend a few more hours coding and make the droprate inversely proportional to mine level. Mining with a level 10 mine should not have the same droprate as mining on a 15+ level mine, to balance out the increased mining time. So eg you could have 20% on a lvl10 mine, and a 50% on a lvl15 mine, and so on. That would both keep the precious aspect, and reward people for investing into a (for the most part) useless upgrade to the building itself.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just an ex-player who wanted back in the game for a new feature that I never saw because the RNG didn't R enough. Whelp, I guess I'll go back into being an ex-player, and let the devs have their "precious" stone to themselves.

Last edited by hexblot; 6th November 2017 at 12:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hexblot For This Useful Post:
Ghettoforce (11th November 2017)
Old 6th November 2017, 12:41 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexblot View Post
If the devs want to make it "precious", spend a few more hours coding and make the droprate inversely proportional to mine level. Mining with a level 10 mine should not have the same droprate as mining on a 15+ level mine, to balance out the increased mining time. So eg you could have 20% on a lvl10 mine, and a 50% on a lvl15 mine, and so on. That would both keep the precious aspect, and reward people for investing into a (for the most part) useless upgrade to the building itself.
Totally agree, considering also that a lvl 20 mine will take more time and resources to start a search.
Old 6th November 2017, 04:34 PM
Epic Raid Leader

That's only relevant right now, because on newer servers you won't have higher level Mine.

In fact it's probably irrelevant as we talk about this. Probably 99,9% or maybe even everyone got the heart.
Old 6th November 2017, 06:26 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
That's only relevant right now, because on newer servers you won't have higher level Mine.

In fact it's probably irrelevant as we talk about this. Probably 99,9% or maybe even everyone got the heart.
You're making me feel previous for not having it...
Old 6th November 2017, 09:23 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Hexblot I hear you, I agree that the drop chance should be 100%. Nonetheless, the coders decided to stick to their number.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 9th November 2017, 04:27 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

When are the new achievements comming out?
Closed Thread