Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 30th July 2014, 05:01 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
Right, it is exactly that. I enjoy to attack players who are way higher than me and to win sometimes.
When those players hate that: it's in the game. Correct: it was in the game.
When others, lower than you in rank are better fighters, so it is. It means you have a rank which is too high.
It's a logical thing. Some are better, some not.

The joy of those attacks, my joy, is taken away from be, by the owner and developer of the game.
And they steel the honor we worked hard for. By attacking or doeing quests.
They changed the system, which I don't like!
So u think u are better if u can beat someone 1 out of say 10 times no u r not better u just got the lucky rolls that turn if u were better u would win more then u lost.

I believe they fixed something that should have been fixed long ago. why should someone get 200 honor for beating someone way higher then them and NOT lose something when they lose that was not fair. those ppl worked just as hard if not harder then u to get where they are so I for one am glad they fixed what was broken for soooooooo long.
Old 30th July 2014, 06:42 PM
Veteran Epic Hero

Gilde: NL forum

I give up.
Over and over people here want to tell me how to play the game.
Change my way of playing this game. The way I did for years.
I give up.
Every time the comments are not about the core of my post, but about little things I wrote.
I give up.
I stand by my oppinion: Playa steels our honor. We gain that honor, Playa takes it away, out of our! game.
Without players no Playa.
I give up.

So addicted
Old 30th July 2014, 07:36 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
So u think u are better if u can beat someone 1 out of say 10 times no u r not better u just got the lucky rolls that turn if u were better u would win more then u lost.

I believe they fixed something that should have been fixed long ago. why should someone get 200 honor for beating someone way higher then them and NOT lose something when they lose that was not fair. those ppl worked just as hard if not harder then u to get where they are so I for one am glad they fixed what was broken for soooooooo long.
-.- mind is blown
You really don't read or try to understand what someone says
It had been like it was since the beginning
Never was it stated that this was a bug or that it should be 'fixed' in the future

Luck is part of the game too, it's even a stat that you can buy

Do you even play the game?

Really wanted to say more, but honestly i'm getting sick of it, and people don't read anyway

But nvm...please don't reply anymore, i agree with Morrie it's useless
anyway

Old 30th July 2014, 08:51 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Morrie It's your opinion and if you don't like the new PvP system I don't have any problems with it. Opinions and tastes are different. However, the new mechanics are a bit more interesting in my opinion. Yes, you lose honor if you lose the fight but only 20...but if you win you don't only gain honor and gold like before the update but you also receive XP for the first 10 wins of the day.

Playa introduced the "-20 honor" system for losses because of low vs. high-level exploits. Some lower levels kept attacking higher levels to win XP and gold if they are really lucky but they did not lose anything if they lost.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 30th July 2014, 09:33 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruitje View Post
-.- mind is blown
You really don't read or try to understand what someone says
It had been like it was since the beginning
Never was it stated that this was a bug or that it should be 'fixed' in the future

Luck is part of the game too, it's even a stat that you can buy

Do you even play the game?

Really wanted to say more, but honestly i'm getting sick of it, and people don't read anyway

But nvm...please don't reply anymore, i agree with Morrie it's useless
anyway
Do I read the posts yes I do. I know it was like that since the beginning I am one of many who complained abt lower level ppl spam attacking ppl way higher them themselves. Plus I never said it was a bug either I just said they fixed something that should have been fixed for a long time in as there should be a penalty for any loss in area as it would make ppl think more abt who they attack instead of going for the lucky win.
As for the luck stat I guess you don't look to see what that stat really does it doesn't incease your luck it inceases your chance at getting a crit for each round you attack. Yes I play the game I at one time played on 12 servers and all but 3 are lvl 300+ the main server I play on I am lvl 344 and always ranked in the top 5 of the HoF.

I understand for the way he does arena it messed it up for him but tbh he is in the minority of ppl who do attack in the arena and he can adjust his strategy so as to not lose honor or not do arena.
Old 31st July 2014, 05:10 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Morrie It's your opinion and if you don't like the new PvP system I don't have any problems with it. Opinions and tastes are different. However, the new mechanics are a bit more interesting in my opinion. Yes, you lose honor if you lose the fight but only 20...but if you win you don't only gain honor and gold like before the update but you also receive XP for the first 10 wins of the day.

Playa introduced the "-20 honor" system for losses because of low vs. high-level exploits. Some lower levels kept attacking higher levels to win XP and gold if they are really lucky but they did not lose anything if they lost.
I disagree with 'making it more interesting'
IMHO it makes it even more dull
No use on bothering attacking higher
Higher should now only 'bully' the lower
Fame is useless since the win for xp now anyway (even though the xp won is marginal)

Plus it's another 'high level perk', same as changing the Dungeon portal to regenerate
Another thing that makes the game less interesting to a lower/new player and another thing that increases the gap between high and low

Since the update the grinding doubled for those who try to play free and competitive (i know because i play like that since the update and i have a lvl53 char and a lvl233 char)

At least they changed the regenerating days after the update
The change in fame they changed YEARS after the game started

I do think Playa could made the old system more interesting, but as i stated elsewhere, there would be plenty other ways they could have done that
Ways that would be nice for both high and low players

Thanks for your opinion though

Quote:
Do I read the posts yes I do. I know it was like that since the beginning I am one of many who complained abt lower level ppl spam attacking ppl way higher them themselves. Plus I never said it was a bug either I just said they fixed something that should have been fixed for a long time in as there should be a penalty for any loss in area as it would make ppl think more abt who they attack instead of going for the lucky win.
As for the luck stat I guess you don't look to see what that stat really does it doesn't incease your luck it inceases your chance at getting a crit for each round you attack. Yes I play the game I at one time played on 12 servers and all but 3 are lvl 300+ the main server I play on I am lvl 344 and always ranked in the top 5 of the HoF.

I understand for the way he does arena it messed it up for him but tbh he is in the minority of ppl who do attack in the arena and he can adjust his strategy so as to not lose honor or not do arena.
^-Above bolded= LUCK
Luck = a stat that can be bought and increases CHANCE e.g. Lucky if you do double dmg
Enough said

Also: He(she btw) is in the minority of ppl who do attack in the arena

So just because she is one of the few(as you stated, i see no proof) who uses a CORE GAMEPLAY FEATURE since the beginning is in the minority, she has no rights??
So just because she is ACTIVELY PLAYING spending lots amounts of TIME to achieve a little victory, she has to be punished?

And higher people complained about lowers spamming them, for what gold? fame?
Shouldn't higher players just focus on increasing their LUCK amongst other stats JUST LIKE THE REST OF US?
Shouldn't higher players just don't carry around a bunch of gold(some carry millions) while inactively working on cityguard JUST LIKE THE REST OF US to prevent the possibility of it getting stolen?

Anyway that's all beside the point now
After the update the FAME DUMPING has already started
How thos one DUMP FAME? The savest and easiest way is SPAM HIGHER PLAYERS
If anything this update does increases the attack spamming
If you were playing on a server that i was playing on, i promise since you're a top5 player your inbox would be full constantly no matter how many times you emptied it

Also she is a minority, YES she is as in a minority who even bothers to visit these forums and express her griefs
The MAJORITY doesn't even care for that anymore

You bobo baggins sound like a mindless drone reciting the propaganda Playa feeds you over and over

Last edited by Spruitje; 31st July 2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 31st July 2014, 06:55 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

If other side would get that 20 fame, it would lead to abuse. For example, guild leader "ask" lower lvls of hes/her guild to attack him for fame.
Old 31st July 2014, 07:45 AM
Veteran Epic Hero

Gilde: NL forum

Oke, I wont give up, since some comments go into the subject :-)

However, the new mechanics are a bit more interesting in my opinion. Yes, you lose honor if you lose the fight but only 20...but if you win you don't only gain honor and gold like before the update but you also receive XP for the first 10 wins of the day.
Again I dissagree that the game becomes more interesting with this new mechanics.
For winning 10 times, and keep the note in mind that you have to win with at least 100 honor! You may have to have 15 fights. That is 15 times 10 minutes! We need to play very long to gain this xp you keep advertising.
After a while, I wil have a rank so high, that there are no players I could attack to win. So what then? Must I start bullying lower levels to lose some ranks?
There is an end in trying to win that extra xp. I myself have no chance whatsoever to gain that 'prince' from where I am in the hall.
Maybe as a leader, I must ask the lower levels in my guild to attack me when I'll take my weapon off, or would that be abuse, like Bqczek suggested? But that will be the only way for me to make the whole bonus xp thing work I suppose.
I could choose one lower player I really like, so that he could win 10 times and he will be rewarded with the bonus xp. I would get a lower rank and better opponents for my fights, and I would be a great leader for helping my players.
Maybe not such a bad update? But surely this is not the way Playa saw the update is it?

So, that's interesting. Playa is choosing to protect the higher levels.
When a lower level attacks a higher level and wins, the lower level is surely stronger! So, that's in the game. Lower levels are allways being attacked by higher levels. How are they going to be protected?
There was allways a kind of protection for the higher levels. For example: when I attacked a higher level, which stats a worser than mine, the first few times of the day I won the fight. But after a few I suddely lost the fights And that happened day after day after day. So I know Playa put a limit on the times I could win from a worser player at a higher level.
I am so glad you are being open to this fact Leander. Thank you.
Now I know for sure that higher levels are the only ones who matter for Playa.

Ps. A guild member of Vindaloo, got his bonus xp. 30.000 Xp! After some calculating, we discovered that it was 0.3% of what he needed for his next level.

So addicted

Last edited by Morrie; 31st July 2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 31st July 2014, 11:17 AM
Golden Shroomer

For starters not I use he to cover both sexes as I found that when a player is found out to be female they tend to get the wrong kind of attention which is not fair to them so unless they make it known to me they are female I always use he.

As for her game style being in the minority yes it is and no it is not punishment that they changed it it is correcting a punishment done to those who her way of playing was doing to those she attacked. I don't see how someone can say yeah this is fair I lose nothing for attacking so let me attack him 10, 20, 50 times so I get 1 win maybe 2 for one you just made someone mad cause everytime s/he turns around s/he has to empty mail from someone just trying to get a lucky win. so who gets punished the old way the one who happens to have started b4 you or happens to be in a guild with better bonuses what ever the reason he gets punished. now you can still do the same thing and s/he will still have to delete all that mail but now if u lose there is a loss of honor it isn't as much as the one u r attacking if he losses he losses 200 honor.

Playa now made it to where it isn't a mindless ok I don't lose honor so I can attack him to where you now have to think can I or cant I win enough to gain more honor when I win then what I lose the many times I will lose.

Yes for some the new way will suck sorry abt that but I for one I like it as it has made me rethink who I attack and who I don't I say good job they made it right.

as for towing the company line no I don't if I don't like something I speak m mind abt it but I do it in a way that doesn't try to say that no u r wrong ( fir those that like it) my way is right type of thing.

from the beginning I have said I like the new way of gaining and losing honor and have not said Morrie's way was wrong I have said more then once with the new way she has to rethink her strategy on attacking in the arena to get the most honor possible. Do I personally like the way she gained honor the old way not really but I am not her and each to her own she did what worked for her and good for her. Morrie sry that u have to be put in the middle of this back and forth banter and hope u can find a new way of still having fun in arena and gaining the honor u want there r ways u just have to find one that works for u.

As for fame dumping it might b happening but so far ON THE SERVERS I PLAY ON I haven't seen it if any thing I am seeing more ppl trying to move up he ranks.

As for luck no it is your chance at getting a crit not how lucky u are. I for one think they need to rename it from luck to something else that more reflects what it does.

Morrie we have some ppl on the US forums who love to figure out stats for say like the bonus per Aura level of the arcane toilet does to stat bonuses of items and stuff like that. one has done the math and says that 10 wins with xp equals to abt 1 beer so if you are higher lvl 200+ yes it doesn't come out to be much per day but if u are able to get those 10 wins everyday in a month you gained 30 beers of questing and for me which has a toon nearing lvl 350 that helps a lot as it saves me up to 3 days for me to make next level and b4 update it take abt 28 days to lvl with 320 thirst a day now it can take me abt 25 if I can max out my arena wins. so if to get that it means I lose 20 honor for a loss I am all for it but since I am ranked top 5 I tend to lose more then 20 most times.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:04 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
-snipped extremely long and uncomprehendsive sentences-

Luck is no luck and now THAT you want to change because it contradicts your opinion??

#nousetalkingtoawall

The Following User Says Thank You to Spruitje For This Useful Post:
Willem1000 (31st July 2014)