Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you play 3.0/Remastered Open Beta or 2.0?
3.0/Remastered Open Beta 5 19.23%
2.0 Flash 17 65.38%
2.0 HTML5 1 3.85%
I play on Steam so no 3.0 yet 1 3.85%
I play on Android/iOS so no 3.0 yet 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11th November 2018, 08:20 PM
Mushroom Collector

I'm forcing myself to play 3.0 (on firefox) but it takes a way too much time to load fortress and scrapbook in particular.

Moreover, i cant figure out how to copy-paste something into the hof...
Old 12th November 2018, 08:29 PM
Community Manager

At the moment you cannot copy and paste text.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 17th November 2018, 03:16 PM
Mushroom Collector

Do the NPC will be remastered?
Old 23rd November 2018, 03:02 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Remastered steam version is actually really slow, requires too much from my computer
Old 23rd November 2018, 08:08 PM
Community Manager

What are your system specs? The requirements are much lower than those of other games.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 23rd November 2018, 10:07 PM
Adventurer

some people are playing on very bad computers, for sf2 you need flash player and internet and you are ready (i'm able to run it on 1 core 1.2 ghz cpu, 64mb vram and 256 mb ram), maybe they are even playing it, because they don't have computers for some better games and for sf3 there are actualy some requirements and their pc can't even load it
Old 23rd November 2018, 10:36 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

The problem is not the game itself, i can run it really smooth when that's the only program opened, but if I execute another programs with SFGame remastered, then it starts to run slowly.

I'd like to suggest to be able to play it (steam version) in windowed but maxed size, like the old version. I don't want to play it full screen and have to alt+tab in order to access other files/minimize the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Leander (26th November 2018)
Old 29th November 2018, 01:49 PM
Mushroom Collector

I play s&f on my pc on Steam so I now have access to both versions. I don't have a problem running the new version, but ....

The only thing I really like about it is that you can do your 15 attacks in the Underworld much faster. Also, the screen font is easier to read, and it's good to have different colours for the different types of messages in chat. The new graphics are kind of OK but I don't care so much about that, plus as someone else said, the small avatars are really ugly.

It took me ages to work out where to find the pets screen. Why is the stables the main screen on that tab, when you only need to use it once every couple of weeks, whereas pets is a daily task??

Also, you can now only look at costs for upgrading units in the fortress by opening the smithy (via the main screen) and going to "improvements", whereas in v2 there's a tab for it at the bottom of the screen.

And I don't like the way the game has to go through a "configuration screen" each time you open it, nor the choice of either windowed or full screen with no top bar.

All in all I'm afraid I'm not impressed. Put the different coloured chat messages into v2 - surely not difficult? - change the screen font, speed up the underworld attacks (or even better, give a choice to immediately make all your available attacks against the same lured hero), and I would dump v3 like a shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magelie For This Useful Post:
Leander (29th November 2018)
Old 30th November 2018, 10:56 AM
Mushroom Collector

i play it on my laptop which is meant for gaming.
But with the 3.0 Chrome needs so many RAM that i always think my pc is doing something under high pressure.

Surely, I open 4 servers at once, but with flash they just got loaded. But now my laptop screams like starting an airplane, this is ridiculous.

I will play the flash as long as i can, because this is nonsense with this high amount of sources it uses (3 GB out of 8 GB of RAM).

if this can be lowered, it would be great. Otherwise if you play it a few times, you find your places. BUT the straight forward fights in the underworld have a backlagging sound, if you do them too fast, same for guild fighst, if you say next fight a few times, you get a backlog of every last hit of the previous fights and have to watch till it has your toon on ....

But still fancy graphics ... and thats it ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasi For This Useful Post:
Chwanito (1st December 2018), kečup (30th November 2018)
Old 30th November 2018, 12:28 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

I agree. The resource consumption of V3 is outrageous.
After starting up the browser and logging in (and waiting for the resource usage to stabilize) the game takes up:
1,3 GB memory, 41% GPU and 20% CPU

I play on chrome. Have en i7 laptop. Intel HD graphics 620.
Conclusion: I stay on V2

Please do consider (significant) resource saving initiatives. I don't care about sound, hi-res graphics or motion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slasker For This Useful Post:
Chwanito (1st December 2018), kečup (30th November 2018), Wasi (30th November 2018)