Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 17th October 2017, 09:48 PM
Adventurer

Default Security Suggestion

A new update is incoming in this month. We all are excited about this.
I have suggestion about the safety of our accounts. As you know to delete an account e-mail and the password are enough. Someone who knows these information can delete our account easily. My suggestion is about that issues.

Firstly, I know you shouldn't give any information to ANYBODY. It's the number one rule. But also the system should be safe beside the person's responsibility.

When you want to delete your account, a mail has to be sent to our e-mail. Of course this e-mail has to be registered ones for our accounts as well. When we log in to our e-mails, there should be a link that sent automatically from SFGame. Once we click that link, a panel will be open for our delete process. And we will enter our information for the second step. Our password, our security question and its answer that we determined. Or a code I don't know. You can even determine your phone number for a message. (I don't know if it's possible tho.)

I know, there will be some people who will share all of their information about that again. But at least it's more protected against the hackers or the kids who are trying to be king of the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alvin85 For This Useful Post:
dfps (18th October 2017), GeorgeKen (17th October 2017), Valkyra (17th October 2017)
Old 17th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

Great suggestion! Maybe a key-chain in our mobile app? That way only the original owner with the mobile can verify the action then.
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 17th October 2017, 11:28 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Thanks for your suggestion! Normally, keeping your password secret and securing the account with an email address is sufficient. The problem is that uncautious players choose weak passwords (asd123 for example) or give it to others.

Therefore, you should only give your password to players you trust (for account sitting for example).

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 18th October 2017, 12:21 AM
Adventurer

Thanks for all the posts. Yes, this is definitely true. Person is the number one rule for the security. And I'm sure there will be some people again that getting hacked even in the safest systems. That security prevention would help them as well. A lot of people are unconscious about security. Especially the younger ones. That's why they make their password 'predictable'. Also e-mails are predictable. Like :
name_surname
name.surname
namesurname
namesurname(and birth year)
And their inverse version like surname and name. Lots of combination are exist and can be found by trying.

But with that system, hacker has to know e-mails password too. I know most of people create their passwords same. In that case, life saver is the security question with its answer or phone verification for the message.

As i said, people are the number one rule for the security. But these systems could be very helpful for us. For everyone.