Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 22nd September 2016, 12:13 PM
Hatchling

Default Adding Sockets to Items

I've reached level 238 so far on my Server and one this has been bugging me a lot and that would be the reception of new epic items.

Getting an Epic item is quite rare and that's a good thing. However, it becomes really frustrating if - 50 levels down the road - you finally receive a new shiny item.... that has no socket.

Sockets are extremely powerful and I would argue: too powerful. An item without a socket is in a lot of cases just useless. I have encountered so many options where I'd receive a new Item with +50 Stamina +50 Luck but -250 Mainstat (just because there is no Socket!!!).

Thus my suggestion:

There should be an expensive option to add a socket to any item.

Take the witch for example. It costs ~340k right now (lvl 238) to add an enchant onto an item. Adding a Socket onto an item should be 10-25 times as expensive.

By no means should it be an easy task to get a socket onto an item, yet it should be possible!

An alternative could be that on a certain Event (Epic most likely) you have a guaranteed chance to get a "put socket to item"-item once you have done 320 "Abenteuerlust" - however its called in english (after your 11th drink at the tavern).

This would be less of a "simply buy" way, but every 4 or 5 weeks you'd have the option to add a socket at least to ONE item.

I'm sure there's multiple other options and the biggest difficulty might be the implementation programming wise. But there really should be ANY OPTION to do add a socket onto your gear.

Receiving an epic item should feel great. By no means should it be frustrating!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manuakasam For This Useful Post:
KOMA90 (24th September 2016), spidermonkey (22nd September 2016)
Old 22nd September 2016, 01:32 PM
Farm Hand

There is already this type of suggestion, but no official statement yet. But of course its strongly needed.

MagnificentBeast - Battle Mage / w27
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:14 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Understandable and reasonable but it would turn the hunt for epic items WITH sockets far less interesting.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
GeorgeKen (22nd September 2016)
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:17 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Understandable and reasonable but it would turn the hunt for epic items WITH sockets far less interesting.
Exactly! What's the point of hunting socketed epics if you can socket them with a click? They might as well remove the non-socketed items from the game in that case...
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:23 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
Exactly! What's the point of hunting socketed epics if you can socket them with a click? They might as well remove the non-socketed items from the game in that case...
Yes I say remove epics without sockets. But I can see why Playa wont as it takes more refreshes in shops to find ones with sockets. more refreshes more shrooms needed.

But I vote no more epics without gem sockets.
Old 23rd September 2016, 02:55 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
I strongly disagree. My point is not to have a "simple & instant" solution to "adding a socket". It would be a very nice thing however if there would be a difficult to achieve - but sure(!) - way to do so.

Right now I am level 240ish. My colleague is 210 and he's still wearing a couple of epics from around 170 just because newer ones he found had no socket. That's depressing.

There's no reason to have an "exciting gameplay element" if - whenever it does not happen - the player gets frustrated. That's not a proper game design.

By adding an option to add a socket, receiving ANY epic item would feel awesome. Receiving an Epic item with a Socket would feel extre special because you won't have to "farm the ingredients" to add a socket.

As I've said so before, by no means should it be easy to do. But it SHOULD under ALL CIRCUMSTANCES be possible!
Old 23rd September 2016, 03:16 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
It's my impression that find an epic item (with or without sockets), also during epic we, it's more difficoult than some years ago.
Once I found a complete set of epic with 500 mushrooms, now with the same amount if it goes well I find at most 2 or 3 that are useful. That's a fact and a statistic taken during last months.

Considering this I totally agree with something that add socket to an object.
This does not mean to have everything at once, but re-balance the system as before
Old 24th September 2016, 10:28 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Yes I say remove epics without sockets. But I can see why Playa wont as it takes more refreshes in shops to find ones with sockets. more refreshes more shrooms needed.

But I vote no more epics without gem sockets.

You misunderstood me Bobo I am actually saying that they should not change anything cause then they will make the hunting for sockets pointless, i am not suggesting to remove non-socketed items ^_^
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 24th September 2016, 03:04 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

for me 1 on 20 epics has socked 1 on 20 epics with socked is useful to me. yeahh hunting like that is REALLLY GRATE. Add exchange rate and price to just have reasonable equipment in simple browser game in ridiculous. Subscription in another online gameis 3~4 times cheaper. Everything has its limits.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 24th September 2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: removed name of online game not allowed to mention them
Old 24th September 2016, 03:32 PM
Epic Hero

It won´t get removed. The top mushroomers will want to be the " best " so they will spent countless of shrooms to maintain their position = more money.
And it´s same for other shroomers - if they want better gear, more shrooms needed

Tags
feature-request, socket