Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2018, 04:50 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

I'm sorry but I'm going against what I said in my previous post: I'll be ungrateful and give my full-honest opinion about this.

No, I didn't like the update. I decided to wait till the patch came out and not judge Playa before that, but the truth is that I wasn't excited nor waiting great things when the "biggest surprise" was first announced. Following the last updates, everyone was expecting a failure from Playa Games. Again.

I understand how you thought ranking system could "replace" the servers fusion. And I honestly liked the idea. Yeah, there is a huge time gap between some servers, but I'm okay with that. It means that people who've been playing since 2009 and are still in the top ranking can finally be rewarded for their effort. But what about the other players? Can you imagine rank1 guild from Canada (which is a super inactive server with maybe 2-3 active players) fighting a rank1 guild from a german server? It's a new competitive system but it's unfair at the same time.

And, by the way, is that your definition of one of the two biggest updates of the year? Before the assassin's update, Playa Games said that "the Shakes & Fidget team here at Playa Games is determined to improve everything this year". And what do they give us?

1. New class with same items and abilities AND a new dungeon;
2. International ranking for top1 players/guilds of each server;
3. High-resolution graphics.

Is this what they mean with "determined to improve everything"? COME ON!

I can already imagine that the "fall update" is going to be the new graphics and some minor thing (maybe shadow pets dungeons? LOL), so I'm not even excited about it. I mean, I already said that if the "biggest update in 3 years" turns out to be a failure, that I'd quit after 8 years - and that's what I'm going to do.

This is probably the first time in 10 years of online-gaming that I saw a company ruin an awesome game. This games has so much potential and yet Playa keeps coming with this type of content. BUT, don't get me wrong, I liked the new-graphics preview! (Wondering if the fortress/underworld buildings will also have new graphics). But it's not a priority! Flash won't go away until maybe 2020, so why not dedicate 1 year and 3 months like you did for the 3.0 version, to create some new content directed for players and/or guilds? I can already imagine a dungeon after 15 months of hard work: new monsters, new mechanics, new rewards, new items. Now, THAT would be SUPER! But hey, f*ck that team, let's focus on some new-wow-hyper graphics!

To finally end this post, I saw this on Facebook and even that I laughed a lot, I also agree with it: "So now we can get bored in high-res graphics? Neat! I am also thrilled."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
QeniX (19th June 2018), Selidah (19th June 2018), Sendilkelm (19th June 2018), Shnitel (20th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 04:56 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Leander, could you please explain something to me?

I thought we already had a non-flash version of the game.
Is this version building on that, or did they remake it from scratch?
Old 19th June 2018, 05:04 PM
Adventurer

that graphic is too simple
Old 19th June 2018, 05:05 PM
Community Manager

Thanks for your honest feedback, Apollo. I understand everything you said...and also found the remark someone posted on Facebook highly amusing ("So now we can get bored in high-res graphics? Neat! I am also thrilled.").

However, as replied to Leslie

...we had to do something about Flash. New content will be added in fall and with upcoming updates. I would also have loved new things to do but...
We are fully aware that many of you will be disappointed and angry. As we don't want to seek excuses or beat about the bush we have to take this negative feedback as it is, learn from it, keep working hard on S&F Remastered and make sure to add something good in fall.

Arturu We also had the HTML5 version but it turned out to cause problems. Yes, we completely coded the whole game from scratch! (Unity engine)

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Leander; 19th June 2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 19th June 2018, 05:12 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Yes, we completely coded the whole game from scratch! (Unity engine)
That's cool. We understand that this took a lot of time. But this brings basically nothing new to players. I think that everybody would be happier if you said "We are working on code, it takes a lot time, please be patient, updates are coming this fall". No...you went GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST UPDATE IN YEARS.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gerond For This Useful Post:
kečup (19th June 2018), Kuba311 (19th June 2018), Shnitel (20th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 05:20 PM
Greenhorn

Your issue as a company is a lack of transparency, that's why a lot of people have negative feedback, well mostly. There are games that provide constant information on what they are* doing, what are the plans for the future and definitely, provide previews of content even a month before it's released.

Tell us what you are planning to do in the fall update, tell us what are the plans for the future like you'd used to.

I obviously understand the importance of graphics and flash dying, which is why I haven't criticized it. What I fail to understand is your attitude with the dungeons which again is a transparency issue - if you are going to link it with something - tell us. If not, increase the experience by some amount, add gold - a chance for something? Anything really.

Tell me, what's the thought process of spending 10m gold for a fight that provides nothing? And also, on higher floors - you aren't guaranteed to win? Passing new guild dungeon should be exciting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leslie Dunn12 For This Useful Post:
Interstellar (19th June 2018), Leander (19th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 05:23 PM
Adventurer

worst thing on those last updates like assasin, sf3 was that hype, you said something like "this is the biggest update in history of sf" and it was "new" class and almost nothing
Old 19th June 2018, 05:23 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerond View Post
No...you went GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST UPDATE IN YEARS.
Developers are completely detached from the community.

It's the biggest update for them, because the game will look pretty.
It's nothing for us, because it plays exactly the same.

If.. IF there will be cool animations and art the patch is acceptable. So far it looks like a downgrade since the funny bird heads are gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
bydway (20th June 2018)
Old 19th June 2018, 05:31 PM
Epic King

I like the look of the redesign, but I'm hearing its not coming out this weekend ...

International HoF ... will there be any rewards for winning battles?
Old 19th June 2018, 05:33 PM
Community Manager

"Biggest update" does not mean "a lot of content" necessarily. I know it might be misleading. We wanted to say "something that hadn't been done before".

Same for "we have been working on it for over a year now and it will be the biggest change the game has seen in three years!"

You thought this biggest change would be many new changes to the game (gameplay, content, mechanics) but actually it was a complete technical and graphical overhaul.

I'll do my best to forward your feedback, complaints and wishes and hopefully, Playa will come up with a good update in fall!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Leslie Dunn12 (19th June 2018)
Closed Thread