Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 11th September 2018, 07:25 PM
Greenhorn

Default Reduction in fortress loot since this afternoons restart

The servers (at least W19 + W20) went down at ~14:0X server time today.

They came back up pretty quickly, but ever since then there's something different with fortress loot:

Before Downtime:

Woodcutter's Hut 15 - 45k/h (next: 67.5k/h)
Quarry 15 - 15k/h (next 22.5k/h)

Me: Fortress 20
<enemy>: Fortress 20

-> An attack on <enemy> would result in me getting at least 100% (no fortress-level-difference-penalty) of the resources my mines would produce in 1 hour if they were 1 level above their current level:
67.5k Wood and 22.5k Stone

After Downtime:

Woodcutter's Hut 15 - 45k/h (next: 67.5k/h)
Quarry 15 - 15k/h (next 22.5k/h)

Me: Fortress 20
<enemy>: Fortress 20
(same basic situation, same enemy)

-> An attack on <enemy> results in me getting ~30k wood and ~10k stone.
That is the resources my mines would produce in 1 hour if they were 1 level below their current level. (at 100% - still no fortress-level-difference-penalty) (The actual values would be 30.000 Wood and 9.750 Stone)

Note:
- <enemy> is very high in the fortress ranking, does not build defense and therefore gets attacked a lot. This results in their resources being permanently protected and, due to the high number of incoming attacks, their mines being pretty much empty, thus resulting in a pretty consistent loot value.
I have exchanged attacks back and forth with them hundreds if not thousands of times before, so I kind of know which numbers to expect.

---

Is that a bug or was there a silent change to how fortress loot works?

edit:

Just found another nice example in the opposite direction:

Another <enemy2> who is high up in the ranking, does not defend their fortress and thus yields a pretty consistant amount of wood/stone.

My mines are still 15/15. What I just got 100% of the yield of a set of mines 2 levels above mine. A yield I would have expected from an attack if my mines were on level 16. (As much as level 17 mines would yield in an hour of regular mining)

With this new case it turns out the title is not correct: It's not straight up a reduction, but it's totally screwed up nevertheless.

edit2:
I don't know what level <enemy> and <enemy2>'s mines are -- is it possible that the loot formula was changed from "what your mines+1 level would produce in 1 hours" to "what their mines +- X levels would produce in 1 hour" and <enemy> happens to have level 14 mines while <enemy2> has them on 16?

//
//
Account: Streetlamp Le Moose, w20.sfgame.net
Platform: Win7 64bit, Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106
Description: Less fortress loot since server restart today at 14:0X; details above

Last edited by LaV; 11th September 2018 at 08:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LaV For This Useful Post:
Umbums (11th September 2018)
Old 11th September 2018, 08:40 PM
Community Manager

Thanks for your report! We have received similar feedback by other players.
Talked to Playa and hopefully, I can post an official list of changes soon.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 11th September 2018, 10:10 PM
Greenhorn

I talked to <enemy2> - and it looks like my last assumption is correct:

I get the resources HIS MINES (+1 Level) would produce in 1 hour when I attack him.

He gets the resources MY MINES (+1 Level) would produce in 1 hour when he attacks me.

That will probably will make actively focusing on fortress progress on new servers a bit harder since you can't influence how much you loot anymore and there is no benefit in building mines anymore (if you are active your resources are always above the maximum and so you cannot empty them anyway).
If that was changed on purpose it will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Old 12th September 2018, 11:05 AM
Mighty Hero

Last edited by Leander; 12th September 2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: removed insult
Old 12th September 2018, 02:06 PM
Community Manager

https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7425

+ changed fortress calculations: before the current patch you gained 10% of the resources stored in the main building plus 50% stored in the woodcutter's hut and quarry plus x% of the hourly production of YOUR own woodcutter's hut and quarry (x = depending on the level gap between you and your opponent).

Now you no longer gain x% of the hourly production of YOUR woodcutter's hut and quarry but of your OPPONENT's.

This is a temporary change that might be tweaked after some days! We are testing how the new system works.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 14th September 2018, 03:59 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
https://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthread.php?t=7425

+ changed fortress calculations: before the current patch you gained 10% of the resources stored in the main building plus 50% stored in the woodcutter's hut and quarry plus x% of the hourly production of YOUR own woodcutter's hut and quarry (x = depending on the level gap between you and your opponent).

Now you no longer gain x% of the hourly production of YOUR woodcutter's hut and quarry but of your OPPONENT's.

This is a temporary change that might be tweaked after some days! We are testing how the new system works.
Now nobody would upgrade their mines because they has no effect on resources gained from counterattacks. So counterattacks tactic would die on new servers.

Last edited by Neksus; 14th September 2018 at 04:00 AM.
Old 14th September 2018, 11:21 AM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neksus View Post
Now nobody would upgrade their mines because they has no effect on resources gained from counterattacks. So counterattacks tactic would die on new servers.
It will certainly not, because it's still the most efficient way to get ressources. But instead of you building for yourself anybody now build them for their partners. So in fact anybody builds them like today, no change. Maybe you need to have some arrangement, wherelse the former system worked witouht any most of the time.

It's not possible for players to use others without building the production on their own, because you simple don't attack them back, so they have only a small number of attacks on you.

I actually think the new system is at least better as the old one, because it regulates hardcore shroomers a bit, as they aren't able to get more than their fastest partners in other guilds.