Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 21st September 2016, 01:19 AM
Farm Hand

So, I stumbled on this a few months ago, and decided to give XP hardcore a try... I was around lvl 35 at the time

In the last 2 months, I spent 4 days farming gold, when it was Gold event, and burning 10 mushrooms a day (I save them just for gold / exp events, no cash spent on the game)

The rest of the time I play for XP only (or the occassional shard, key etc)

Result:
Scout: lvl 98, Base Dex: 762, Con: 752, Luck 550
Warrior: lvl 96, Base Str: 760, Con 750, Luck 540

EDIT: Last weekend I made around 450k a day, taking my Base stats from 630 to 750

Back when I was lvl 35, I joined a guild, they were mostly lvl 60-70, but they were kind enough to take me in. Today I overtook the highest level player by 500k exp, so it will be a day or two before we have a level difference...

Also got my book of meticulousness up, around 70%, still working on it, so it adds up...

Needless to say, XP trumps Gold, at least for now...

Last edited by Ctrl_Alt_Delete_F4; 21st September 2016 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Edit:
Old 21st September 2016, 01:38 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Yes for at least a couple reason.

1) higher your level more gold you get from quests and guard duty.

2) each level you gain you get more HP: con*5*(level+1) for warriors it is * 4 for scouts and *2 for mages.

Also good work keep it up and have fun.
Old 21st September 2016, 08:09 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

Full exp (besides gold event weekends) till level 375. Then switch to full gold. At least till they introduce a new update in the game which could alter the balance.

Follow the above rule if you are shroomer, if not switch to gold at 350. Stats = Main stat always at double base points than constitution, the off-stats should be stopped when they reach 5mil cost.

You're welcome
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 21st September 2016 at 08:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
Ctrl_Alt_Delete_F4 (23rd October 2016)
Old 22nd October 2016, 04:02 AM
Epic Hero

More XP = more levels = more gold. Real simple.

As for people saying you lose out to others if you go full XP... simply not true. Even if you lose on PvP, you will quickly outmatch them via your higher level. PvE is always easy after level 10 (I've never actually lost, and always worked full XP).

The actual "smart" XP method I know of is this:
- quests appear in 1,2,3,4 "slot" times ( eg with 50% mount : 2:30, 5:00, 7:30, 10:00 duration)
- you should know roughly how much XP per slot is good for your level by experience

Then either do the longest quest that has better XP than your average (if available), or the shortest quest available.

Eg if you normally get ~100,000 XP / slot and have the option for a 10 min quest giving you 500,000 it's a no brainer. If however your options are all ~50,000 XP/slot, take the shortest one to cut your losses.

Do note that (it used to be) every 25 levels you get a bump down on how many XP you get per slot.
Old 22nd October 2016, 02:32 PM
Weekend Hero

I play xp for the first 20 levels then I switch to gold.
I have a really high rank and in level 152 I beat players on levels 190-200 easily.
I get more dungeons because I upgrade stats so much => dungeon wins=xp
So I think gold is a pretty good tactic for non-shroomers
W11.sfgame.net -> magosmpalas
w13.sfgame.net -> SilverBeaver
Old 22nd October 2016, 06:19 PM
Epic Hero

XP is better = you get levels faster, you get more money from city guard, you get better items and more health because of higher levels. Full exp till like level what, 200,300 ? - and then still go for exp

And play scouts, they are best, because they have higher chance to beat bosses faster, and that´s what it´s all about - the faster you kill the boss, the better.
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:50 AM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget View Post
I play xp for the first 20 levels then I switch to gold.
I have a really high rank and in level 152 I beat players on levels 190-200 easily.
I get more dungeons because I upgrade stats so much => dungeon wins=xp
So I think gold is a pretty good tactic for non-shroomers
If you played for exp you would have easily already been level 200+. And a normal level 200+ is always better than a strong level 150. You get my point?
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:42 PM
Farm Hand

Seeing that last time I posted was a month ago, here's the comparison:

Last post - Sept 21:
Scout: lvl 98, Base Dex: 762, Con: 752, Luck 550
Warrior: lvl 96, Base Str: 760, Con 750, Luck 540

Today - October 23:
Scout: lvl 150, Base Dex: 1060, Con: 1050, Luck: 830
Warrior: lvl 147, Base Str: 1120, Con: 1110, Luck: 830

The difference is that the Warrior is in a Top 20 guild with 150% odd exp /gold bonuses, so the last gold weekend meant the Warrior made a lot more cash...

The Scout can take out Dungeons faster, so the Scout is at Black Fortress 7/10, whereas the Warrior is at 4/10

And for some reason, my scout gets more mushroom drops than the warrior, no idea why

And no, I don't spend cash on the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
XP is better = you get levels faster, you get more money from city guard, you get better items and more health because of higher levels. Full exp till like level what, 200,300 ? - and then still go for exp

And play scouts, they are best, because they have higher chance to beat bosses faster, and that´s what it´s all about - the faster you kill the boss, the better.
Actually, according to the forums the high level dungeons are beaten more easily by high level mages...

Last edited by bobo baggins; 24th October 2016 at 07:57 AM. Reason: double posting
Old 23rd October 2016, 12:56 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Delete_F4 View Post
Actually, according to the forums the high level dungeons are beaten more easily by high level mages...
Not really, and even if that was truth for few last bosses, what does it matter anyway ?
You want to level up as quickly as possible, and when you are level 400 and you have very few bosses left, it doesn´t really matter wheter you can one or two additional bosses than other, because the experience cap is 300 milions - and that´s barely a third of a level, which means nothing.

Scouts are simply best, because if you pour mushrooms into fights and pray for " dodge god ", ur just gonna kill way more bosses than mages, you will naturally have higher levels and with higher levels you get more experience and gold, so here you got it.
Old 23rd October 2016, 03:31 PM
Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post

From my point of view, getting 100.000 coins in level 150 is much better than getting that amount in level 165 for example. Also, the quality of items you get depends on the Aura you have in the toilet. So if I am lets say 170 level and I have aura 10, I may get the same stats on a belt with someone level 200, but the stats now have more value because of my "low" level
I hope you understand the point I am trying to make
W11.sfgame.net -> magosmpalas
w13.sfgame.net -> SilverBeaver