Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 3rd July 2018, 09:51 PM
Epic Hero

Would love to see some feedback from Playa related to the community ideas.
For example, the thirst reduction suggestion, Playa could come up with something like "alright guys, we agree with your idea but we need to define how we should implement this into the game. Pieces like the mirror? Dungeons? Etc etc". More communication between Playa and the players could really benefit the game, since there are so many good ideas waiting for Playa's approval!
Old 4th July 2018, 08:51 AM
Farm Hand

Also I would love to see any reply for the bug problem with blacksmith giving less arcane resources. Even: "Someone tried to find solution but nothing worked so far." or: "Playa found solution but didn't implemented it yet." is a good reply. I've been waiting for news for more than two months now... And it really seems that NOONE in Playa started to even think about it....

Leander, you seem to always ignore my questions about it. Please don't. I tried to write here few days ago because you give your replies to many other posts here. Again not to mine.

As a teacher I have to correct all tests within two weeks at the latest. And it's really annoying that Playa in MORE THAN TWO MONTHS not only didn't fix the bug but neither has even provided any information on progress (hoping you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm not really good in English).

Ask Playa and give me (us) some information, please. Here or in the bug thread - doesn't really matter.
Thanks.

Btw this is one of reasons why community is upset. If we have some problem or suggestion noone knows if Playa do something about it or just ignore it.

Last edited by Chani; 4th July 2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 4th July 2018, 11:31 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I believe an update subforum ... certainly room for discussion. If we can work on a foundation for the subforum as a consensus it could be beneficial to the members and staff alike.
Actually this might just make things worse.
We don't know what Playa wants to implement / change, so there's nothing solid to talk about. This would change to suggestions but with a more demanding tone.

There's no way to tell what the future will bring. There might be new content in Fall or maybe bug fixes, beta for the new client or nothing.
We also don't know if 3.0 will bring anything new.

In short: until Playa gives up a glimpse of what's their plan, it might be best to leave things as they are.
Old 4th July 2018, 02:56 PM
Veteran Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Actually this might just make things worse.
We don't know what Playa wants to implement / change, so there's nothing solid to talk about. This would change to suggestions but with a more demanding tone.

There's no way to tell what the future will bring. There might be new content in Fall or maybe bug fixes, beta for the new client or nothing.
We also don't know if 3.0 will bring anything new.

In short: until Playa gives up a glimpse of what's their plan, it might be best to leave things as they are.
I just don't think it falls under "General" here was my suggestion earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Right on! I feel a new subforum should be utilized ... we can still have ideas, suggestions, proposals, but the subforum would catalog:

1. Suggestions being considered by Playa
2. Suggestions not being considered by Playa
3. Bugfixes and their status
4. New Content and their status
5. Problems Playa is facing (aka transparency)
6. Changelog

Thanks very much Leander for the work you guys do, sometimes it can be very frustrating, but in the end we all want a fun environment that most people are happy about (can't please everyone).
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
1st Complete Arena Manager in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st to Gold Pit Level 100 in the World

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements
Old 4th July 2018, 03:34 PM
Epic Raid Leader

This is a great idea for a sub forum, and it would work perfectly if the devs would respond to anything.

They only do that very rarely and on German forums. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened on the chat.

Leander does as good of a job as he can. He probably finds out stuff just a bit before we do.

Don't get me wrong - working sub forum like that would be amazing. But I am afraid that if this iniciative won't come from Playa, then it's mostly gonna be empty and Leander will be blamed for everything.
Old 4th July 2018, 03:49 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chani View Post
Also I would love to see any reply for the bug problem with blacksmith giving less arcane resources. Even: "Someone tried to find solution but nothing worked so far." or: "Playa found solution but didn't implemented it yet." is a good reply. I've been waiting for news for more than two months now... And it really seems that NOONE in Playa started to even think about it....
Several bug fixes will be released later. I don't have an exact list what will be fixed though. Everbody is very busy at the moment but I'm sure it will be possible to fix. Just received an email with some changes that went live on s1.de right now. Please check my news post (will be up in some minutes).

While I understand a detailed feedback to your suggestions would be important I'm afraid it isn't possible. As the game has many local forums we get a ton of suggestions, both in the forums (posts and private messages) and via support tickets. We cannot reply to each of them. Why? It is virtually impossible, not because of the amount but because it wouldn't make sense.

I am in charge of forwarding your feedback but the devs and coders would have a hard time, not because of time or the number of suggestions but it is difficult up to impossible what to reply. When someone is working on an update it is impossible to know if a suggestion might be added later on, some time in the future. A vague "sounds nice, we will think about it" does not help anyone because it doesn't really say anything. Reacting to every single suggestion would result in high expectations (if we said "yes, good idea") nobody can fulfill.

Do you understand what I mean?

An example: a burger company might work on creating some new tasty burgers with feedback of the community...getting emails with suggestions every day. Replying to individual questions such as "I want a burger with jam", "what about carrots", "what about more ham, more cheese but with French dressing" is not possible as every question implies a possible answer.
Possibilites:

a) "Sounds interesting" does not help. You might think it might be added because we like the idea...if we cannot or don't want to add it, you'll be disappointed.
b) "No, we won't add it"... due to the number of feedback many "No"s would be the answer...the reaction would be disappointment and "You don't listen to us".
c) "Yes, we will / might add it" ... if we are sure we are going to add it, we will announce it. A "we might add it" would be vague and the same as a).

And what's really important is that the process of creating something new isn't always a straight road from A to B. New ideas will come up, others will turn out to be too difficult to realize, others might not fit the game or change the gameplay too much.

Therefore, a "yes", "no", "maybe" is impossible and/or hard to tell in the process.

Yes, the German forum had a post with accepted and refused suggestions years ago (2009-2013). I will talk to the German community manager if it is possible to give more feedback to your suggestions but please keep my explanations above in mind.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 4th July 2018 at 04:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Chani (4th July 2018), Kuba311 (4th July 2018)
Old 4th July 2018, 06:10 PM
Farm Hand

Thanks Leander.

I understand that there are plenty of suggestions. But I still think that subforum Bugfixes and their status (suggested by BMWGuinness) is a great idea. You can have many status like: forwarded, waiting in queue, working on, problems occured - work paused, ready to launch, solved, impossible to fix, ...
It would be also great if the status doesn't just change but when you want to know more about the proccess there would be shown all changes with dates.

Advantages? Everyone interested in the bug can see the proccess. Just status "working on" means: Leander didn't just forwarder it but Playa knows about it and someone already started to solve this issue. "Impossible to fix"? That's bad but at least I know what's going on... "More problems"? That means I'll have to wait longer. Etc.
For you: instead of writing replies like: "Forwarded, thanks for your report" you could just click on one button and meaning would be the same ;-).

Disadvantages? Someone needs to update it and it needs to be actual so we can rely on it.
Old 4th July 2018, 06:40 PM
Veteran Epic King

Leander,

To help with this ... each suggestion could be a poll where the community votes.

This way, if it does not get enough votes, you don't even have to address it.

If it does get enough votes, there will be discussion in the poll, and the consensus of the discussion could alter exactly what is being presented as a suggestion.

This way, for those of us who don't like carrots on our burgers, we could :thumbsdown: immediately
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
1st Complete Arena Manager in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st to Gold Pit Level 100 in the World

Any staff or sponsored players with access to free/unlimited mushrooms are null and void for any achievements
Old 4th July 2018, 07:08 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I don't think a poll is a good idea. It is my job to read feedback and forward the suggestions that are good, technically possible and demanded by many players. I've been around since 2009.
Basically, I do what polls would do anyway. The purpose of my official feedback threads is to collect suggestions and filter what's good.

A community manager is the link between community and devs. Trust me, I've spoken very frankly to Playa that the community is really fed up. Nevertheless, I am not one of the devs and don't code the game. The whole situation in the game and the disappointment because of the guild update have been discussed intensely and openly. Playa IS aware and we have to wait a bit till the next update is released. Let's have faith it will be good!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Selidah (11th July 2018), Strider (5th July 2018)
Old 16th July 2018, 04:54 AM
Epic Hero

I agree that a sub-forum with "ideas in queue, ideas rejected, etc etc" is not a good suggestion, but I'd love to see some "feedback" from Playa like, once a month. What are they doing? What are they fixing right now? What are they preparing right now? How's the state of their current ideas (e.g. new graphics, how is it going?). Stuff like that.

Right now, almost 1 month after the update, we know nothing, except that they are working on the new graphics. Besides that, what's up with new content? Things like that.

For example, in another game, their devs team announcs to the community what they are developing at the moment, once a week, even if they tell the same thing over and over. "We are working in the summer event", "we are working in the new graphics", "we are working in the next great content", "so the graphics is 70% completed here you have an image of how it looks right now" etc etc. That's what we want from Playa. At least, I do.

Last edited by Apollo; 16th July 2018 at 04:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
katastrofeas (16th July 2018)