Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 18th April 2015, 05:50 PM
Greenhorn

Default A few suggestions towards the game

First of all lets start with the communication towards players.

Right now the only form of communication towards the community is via this forum and i heard you guys have a facebook page.
Most players don't know about those so the bonusweekends and more important gamechanges/improvements go unnoticed and people will only find out when those things are already implented.

The solution is to make use of ingame mail, send a mass mail to everyone about important stuff with a link to the forums.
To increase forumtrafic even more you can mass mail your forumcontests, the last forumcontest had 10 participants... that's laughable, everyone likes mushrooms and this way people can also get more familiar with the forum itself.

My next suggestion has more to do with the latest update.

There's lots of people that don't like sudden changes of a game that they play for months/years.
Ingame mail was a great way to give people a headsup about the changes so the knew what was comming.
The amount of bugs and spelling errors is way to big, you're dealing with a game where every player counts, most servers are pretty dead already so you don't want to lose anyone over stuff that could easily be fixed before implementing this patch on all servers.
People will quit when you **** up their gameexperience by adding incompleted/buggy contend, people will wait when you'll need more time.
Ive seen people delete their character over this update....

An easy solition for this was to use the new servers you opened before implementing the patch to all of the servers as some sort of test servers
Tell people that you need their help to find all bugs/spelling errors and make some sort of game out of it, 1 mushroom to your character of choice for every new bug you find that isn't yet reported.
This way the people eager to try the new stuff can go to one of the new servers and get exited instead of fustraded when they find a bug.
More important, this will give all other players a smooth transition into the new and improved S&F without bugs.

Increasing the player base

Right now you'll recieve statpoints for every player you recruit, take a look at the top100 players and you'll see that this did not work at all.
Most ppl don't have any medal for recruiting, some players have 12(max) but there's not much in between so this will probably need some sort of revamp.
Right now you can make 12 accounts on different ip's to max out your stats without even getting new players in, this will hurt the game more than it will do any good, people can get unfair advantages over others this way.

The solution i came up involves mushrooms instead of stats, mushrooms is your go to currenty in this game to get advantages over other's, people love them.
Each 10 lvls one of your recruits will get you'll get 1 mushroom, this way you'll get rewarded for recruiting active players.
An other solution can be that you'll get a fixed amount or 50% of the mushrooms off of the first mushroom sale that one of your recruits will make.
This will encourage people to recruit people that spend money in the shop.
Not sure if you need a max number of recruits on these solutions, people who actively recruit will get more rewards, if you put a max on it it can only discourace people that are great at it.
You can even give each player a referal link and a banner they can use on their own website or social media accounts, that's free advertising for you guys.

Well that was it for me, i'm all out of idea's right now.
I hope any of these will be of any use

Last edited by Mordo; 18th April 2015 at 07:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mordo For This Useful Post:
banexx91 (19th April 2015)
Old 18th April 2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordo View Post

An easy solition for this was to use the new servers you opened before implementing the patch to all of the servers as some sort of test servers
I disagree with this. As someone who is level 300+, believe me when I say finding bugs at those levels has been huge.

The new servers might have been able to find the spelling errors and such, but the bugs that affect the playability of the game, which at times can only be viewed at higher levels, would not be seen on new servers.

For example - the mirror and witch isn't seen until a min of level 50. The tower and toilet don't open until level 100. Yeah, people can level up quickly, but reality is, it takes more than a few to find all the bugs.

What I would have liked to see happen was for Playa to pick one server from each country and put the update on that. Let them play the update for a month - enough time to find the bugs, spelling errors, issues such as mail length, guild notices about the demon portal, etc., report them, and give Playa time to address the issues.

Instead what we saw was a mass roll-out, and now there is mass chaos. There are bug reports coming in from every server, in every language, and people are FURIOUS.

I'm hoping this is a learning experience, and the next patch will be well-tested before it is put on all the servers.
Old 18th April 2015, 07:06 PM
Greenhorn

while i do know the high levels will have more content to find bug in, letting people know about those new servers and reward them for finding new bugs will give some players an extra drive to level faster than they normally would to be one of the first to unlock new content/new bugs.

Unlocking the witch, mirror and the toilet can be done in a reasonable time, the tower is the only problem i see here since you need to complete all 9 dungeons before you can enter and that will take quite a long time.

So this would get rid of most of the bugs that were in game since this only leaves the tower open for bugs/translation errors.

Right now they set a date (somewhere in march) and pushed it out as soon as it could run stable on the servers cause they could't make their deathline, wich frustrated a lot of people that see their go to browsergame cripple for a unknown period of time.

Most bugs were really easy noticable, and had an impact on all levels
If you push a game onto all servers with bugs that will have an impact on everyone you will get fustrated and angy people and next to that you'll get a buglist that's way to long to adress in a timetable that's reasonable for everyone.
Old 19th April 2015, 02:50 AM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordo View Post
First of all lets start with the communication towards players.

Right now the only form of communication towards the community is via this forum and i heard you guys have a facebook page.
Most players don't know about those so the bonusweekends and more important gamechanges/improvements go unnoticed and people will only find out when those things are already implented.

The solution is to make use of ingame mail, send a mass mail to everyone about important stuff with a link to the forums.
To increase forumtrafic even more you can mass mail your forumcontests, the last forumcontest had 10 participants... that's laughable, everyone likes mushrooms and this way people can also get more familiar with the forum itself.

My next suggestion has more to do with the latest update.

There's lots of people that don't like sudden changes of a game that they play for months/years.
Ingame mail was a great way to give people a headsup about the changes so the knew what was comming.
The amount of bugs and spelling errors is way to big, you're dealing with a game where every player counts, most servers are pretty dead already so you don't want to lose anyone over stuff that could easily be fixed before implementing this patch on all servers.
People will quit when you **** up their gameexperience by adding incompleted/buggy contend, people will wait when you'll need more time.
Ive seen people delete their character over this update....

Tell people that you need their help to find all bugs/spelling errors and make some sort of game out of it, 1 mushroom to your character of choice for every new bug you find that isn't yet reported.
This way the people eager to try the new stuff can go to one of the new servers and get exited instead of fustraded when they find a bug.
More important, this will give all other players a smooth transition into the new and improved S&F without bugs.

Increasing the player base

Right now you'll recieve statpoints for every player you recruit, take a look at the top100 players and you'll see that this did not work at all.
Most ppl don't have any medal for recruiting, some players have 12(max) but there's not much in between so this will probably need some sort of revamp.
Right now you can make 12 accounts on different ip's to max out your stats without even getting new players in, this will hurt the game more than it will do any good, people can get unfair advantages over others this way.

The solution i came up involves mushrooms instead of stats, mushrooms is your go to currenty in this game to get advantages over other's, people love them.
Each 10 lvls one of your recruits will get you'll get 1 mushroom, this way you'll get rewarded for recruiting active players.
An other solution can be that you'll get a fixed amount or 50% of the mushrooms off of the first mushroom sale that one of your recruits will make.
This will encourage people to recruit people that spend money in the shop.
Not sure if you need a max number of recruits on these solutions, people who actively recruit will get more rewards, if you put a max on it it can only discourace people that are great at it.
You can even give each player a referal link and a banner they can use on their own website or social media accounts, that's free advertising for you guys.

Well that was it for me, i'm all out of idea's right now.
I hope any of these will be of any use
As for the communication to the players yes we have a forum, facebook page and twitter all we plain to see on old version of the game most decided to either not go there or hope others would look and tel them saving themfromactually having to look for any info. Playa tried at more then once to send mass mails to players about different things and sad to say at best would receive mails weeks later then when what they were mailing came out or never receive them at all. I know this cause I play on multiple servers and have received mails weeks apart or get the mail for my toon on 1 server and never get it for another.

Next part about the update no matter how they rolled it out they were gonna make some ppl mad then add in the bugs and no new manual to come out with the roll out to make navagating thru all the changes easier just added to the confusing. I agree with medusa just letting new server find the bugs wouldn't have worked as most of the playable bugs are in the higher levels like the one when guild demon portal mob is killed next one shows up with over 100% HP had it show 160% hoping that fixes itself at server reset.

Would have been nice if they could have rolled it out in sections like maybe the mail section first work out bugs then maybe the arena and friends list part but I know that wasn't possible.

the friends medal well that is something else imo most of those who have max for that one most likely made toons just for the medal I know a lot of ppl and not even close to that on any server in fact think only my toon on s3 US even has any invites towards it. I think it should be removed to avoid abuse but that is me.

Would be nice to have a way to get banners and other ads for the game to post on group websites social media profiles etc just have a spot where we can request the banner/ads that has of course name of the game and which server and a link to the server or instructions on how to inbed a link to the server.