Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 5th April 2014, 11:09 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
krhth thats a big project to implement to the game, and does nothing to add new content or value to the game... yes it makes life easier for the gamers, but it is not something that will change the game or add new players to the servers... Especially when all this can be done just by contacting a CoMa and letting him know that you put a friend sit your account. Now, if you dont trust that person and he doesnt return your account, you always have the proof of ownership of the account and you can easily be given back your account.... So, nice idea, but too much fuss for nothing (and doesnt add anything new to the game). Thats my 2 cents
You can always get your account back indeed. Problem is in what condition. Every shroom consumed? All items sold? I'm pretty sure noone will compensate that! And I believe that is the reason many people dont use the sitting option as it is at the moment. (propably many don't even know there is an option at all)
I'm not suggesting this should be the project on the current update we expect, but playa asked for ideas and im giving them.. So maybe food for thought on a future project.

The fact that it is big or difficult to implement is totally irrelevant (for the player)... For example. There is a bug concerning flash and chrome that i have reported a few months now. I know for a fact that finidng bugs and fixing them is a hard job. That doesn't mean playa should pass by such an issue.

Bottomline, what is important for me is the fact that you like the idea and i want opinions on that from other players as well.
Then Leander could examine wether this is a reasonable request (not like asking infinite shrooms or sth), wether community agrees with it and then pass it through to playa.. As a community manager should do.

If the company decides it's not worth the effort that's fair with me. But at least i need to know that my ideas are transfered and not doomed due to one person's opinion.

PS: Just one small thing. There is a chance you don't even get your account back... IF it's deleted..

Last edited by krhth; 6th April 2014 at 06:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to krhth For This Useful Post:
madness (8th April 2014)
Old 6th April 2014, 01:14 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

I am just being realistic here man, I dont have any power whatsover to "block" your idea (and even if i had the power to block it i wouldnt, that was not my point), I am just explaining why it might not be so feasible part of suggestions is discussing the ideas as well, not in a criticizing way, but more like analyzing the ideas, thus my original reply
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 6th April 2014 at 01:17 AM.
Old 6th April 2014, 01:43 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhth View Post
I have made the following suggestion on my server's forum, but the local gamestaff (not Coma, just a forum mod) decided i was talking about "double ownership", locked the thread and dumped it on forum's file.
Quote:
I am just being realistic here man, I dont have any power whatsover to "block" your idea (and even if i had the power to block it i wouldnt, that was not my point), I am just explaining why it might not be so feasible part of suggestions is discussing the ideas as well, not in a criticizing way, but more like analyzing the ideas, thus my original reply
You didn't read my post carefully
I was in no way talking about you. I explained what brought me here to express my idea.

You, on the other hand, gave some positive feedback and also left room for plenty of discussion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krhth For This Useful Post:
GeorgeKen (6th April 2014), madness (8th April 2014)
Old 8th April 2014, 02:42 PM
Community Manager

RE: INGAME SITTER OPTION

I really like your idea but implementing this option will take quite some time in my opinion (adding a second password, giving permission to some functions but not all etc.). It will improve account sitting and make it more secure but only for those who use it. Account sitting is not a main feature of S&F (like the dungeons or the arena) but only a way of not falling behind during a player's vacation/absence. A lot of players never use it.
Of course I'll forward your suggestion. Maybe other forums/servers demand something similar, too.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 8th April 2014, 03:03 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
RE: INGAME SITTER OPTION

I really like your idea but implementing this option will take quite some time in my opinion (adding a second password, giving permission to some functions but not all etc.). It will improve account sitting and make it more secure but only for those who use it. Account sitting is not a main feature of S&F (like the dungeons or the arena) but only a way of not falling behind during a player's vacation/absence. A lot of players never use it.
Of course I'll forward your suggestion. Maybe other forums/servers demand something similar, too.
Point #1:
"A lot of players never use it"
That's my point exactly... I'm pretty sure most players don't even know they have that option. Since, let's be realistic, most of the players don't even read the rules.
And even if they actually know about their options they are scared of sharing their information. Too many things could go wrong for them. Even getting their account deleted... And according to http://sfgamenews.com/?p=617 the player will not get compensated.

Point #2:
"implementing this option will take quite some time in my opinion"
Yes i know for a fact that it's something hard to code but i also know for a fact that it's doable.
Also, it is something that will benefit 100% of the players. As i said above, in a game that requires daily attention and has no end, EVERY player has to leave at some point.
It is also a way for ally leaders to "force" their members for 100% activity. Since they won't have an excuse for leaving (vacation etc) and not authorizing a sitter anymore.

Point #3:
"Account sitting is not a main feature of S&F"
Yes indeed. And as i said it's not something i would like to see in the current content update but definetely something i would like to see in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, thanks a lot for your confirmation on forwarding that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krhth For This Useful Post:
Leander (8th April 2014), Peyia (8th April 2014)
Old 9th April 2014, 12:30 AM
Hatchling

Gilde: JP forum

I want new categories of the rank.

example;
* victory or defeat ranking of player and guild.
* gold getters ranking, etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liyon For This Useful Post:
Ander_JP (9th April 2014), GeorgeKen (9th April 2014), krhth (10th April 2014), Peyia (9th April 2014)
Old 9th April 2014, 02:07 PM
Hatchling

I would like to select skill from a skill tree.
It is good to differ for every classes.

Example.

Fighter.
1-1. STR +10
1-1-1. STR +10
1-1-2. STR +20, CON-10

1-2. CON +10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ander_JP For This Useful Post:
bwana (13th April 2014), The Balrog (9th April 2014)
Old 9th April 2014, 02:54 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Further guild upgrades (new bonuses besides fortress etc, but also higher levels for the already existing ones)
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
merlination (9th April 2014)
Old 10th April 2014, 04:20 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
INGAME SITTER OPTION
This is actually a great idea, it's been implemented in many other browser games for years now, such as Travian or Tribal Wars.

It'd definitely be a feature worth implementing eventually as the points this person makes is valid, definitely a bit time consuming to implement but yeah, it'd be a good implementation!

Also, he stated that not many people read the rules, this is very true, I didn't even know where to FIND the rules because during sign-up, it's very tunnel vision, "click next" "click next" "click next", y'know the usual, we're all guilty of it.

Suggestion; maybe a tutorial at the beginning of the game when you sign up explaining the interface, goal (as best as you can explain it I guess), and a quick pop-up of the rules of the primary rules then a link to the in-depth rules.

Just an idea, not sure if something similar is already in place, so apologies if it's a redundant suggestion!
Old 10th April 2014, 07:28 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zhou View Post
This is actually a great idea, it's been implemented in many other browser games for years now, such as Travian or Tribal Wars.

It'd definitely be a feature worth implementing eventually as the points this person makes is valid, definitely a bit time consuming to implement but yeah, it'd be a good implementation!

Also, he stated that not many people read the rules, this is very true, I didn't even know where to FIND the rules because during sign-up, it's very tunnel vision, "click next" "click next" "click next", y'know the usual, we're all guilty of it.

Suggestion; maybe a tutorial at the beginning of the game when you sign up explaining the interface, goal (as best as you can explain it I guess), and a quick pop-up of the rules of the primary rules then a link to the in-depth rules.

Just an idea, not sure if something similar is already in place, so apologies if it's a redundant suggestion!
There are links on the top of your in game screen for rules as well as a simple guide.

In my opinion coding an ingame guide or tutorial would be way more time consuming than implementing a sitter option.
Plus i like the fact that the game has a bit of fairy tale in it.. I dont want to see it spoiled.

As for the sitter option as it is atm, the fact that it's "hidden" is not even the biggest problem as i mention above.

Quote:
Further guild upgrades (new bonuses besides fortress etc, but also higher levels for the already existing ones)
+1 as long as the bonuses are gained with some kind of a quest and not shrooms.
About 5000 shrooms are required to reach max and thats already too much for some people.

Last edited by krhth; 10th April 2014 at 07:30 PM.