Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 9th April 2014, 03:55 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Post Playing Catchup?

My question was, I've just started on the US 10 S&F server and I noticed our top level player is 230+, my question is, what's the average time it would take to even achieve that many levels and whether if it's a futile attempt to even try to catch up, is it a lost cause because I started so late?

Is it even possible to get into the top 50 ranks anymore?

I guess my question is, if you started day 1, you're end-game goal is to take a top position.

But if you start this late, what's supposed to be your incentive to continuously playing an endless server?

Thank you,
David Zhou
Old 9th April 2014, 04:21 PM
Weekend Hero

Gilde: NL forum

If you wanna get first you´ve got to buy as many mushrooms as Baldur did
Old 9th April 2014, 04:55 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

If you really want to be one of the top players starting a new character on a new server is recommended. Theoretically, you can be among the top 50 on an old server, too but only if some of them are already inactive.

Already inactive accounts that don't have any spell scrolls of the Witch can be taken over more easily (you have the scroll bonus but they don't).

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 9th April 2014, 05:35 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zhou View Post
My question was, I've just started on the US 10 S&F server and I noticed our top level player is 230+, my question is, what's the average time it would take to even achieve that many levels and whether if it's a futile attempt to even try to catch up, is it a lost cause because I started so late?

I guess my question is, if you started day 1, you're end-game goal is to take a top position.

But if you start this late, what's supposed to be your incentive to continuously playing an endless server?

Thank you,
David Zhou
Theoratically you can catch up.. And the reason is not about the witche's scrolls or anything similar.
From level 100 and every 25 levels since there is a significant reduction on quest's rewards. (100,125,150 and so on) This reduction goes up to 20-25% on higher levels.

So for example a level 224 gets the same xp as a level 238. So basicly when you start fresh on an old server you get "more" xp than people above you.

You asked how much time will that take? Well i can only assume since it has to do with your playstyle and wether or not you use mushrooms to buy beer etc.
It took me 5 months to get on 230 with 10 beer/day.... But in that time the top players on the server will be way more... But you are catching up
Old 9th April 2014, 10:27 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:

Thank you,
David Zhou

I can give you some info on that (no.1 in UK server 1):

Account created: 15/09/2010
Level 300 reached: 7/12/2011
Level as of 10/04/2014: 354.

It took me approximately 1 year to reach level 300, using 300 thirst (we didnt have witch bonuses back when i started so only 10 beers a day instead of 11, we didnt have as high bonuses as people get now and also there has been new dungeon in the game which further give you exp bonus compared to when i was leveling).

I would actually say it is VERY possible and easy nowadays to reach not only top 50, but I would say top 10 within the first year of your game (taking into consideration that you will need to be spending mushrooms to get more thirst). The problem starts after top 10, as it is definatelly consisted of only active people (in top 50 you will probably find quite a few who have quit playing, depending on the server ofc). But even in this case, people level up so slowly due to exp gap that you will be able to even reach no.1 if you fight your way through it. (as you see it took me 2.5 years to go from lvl 300 to 354)

I would suggest you to play now as casual and prepare a plan and your strategy, and when a new server opens, go there and start shrooming. After that, all you have to do is be consistent and dedicated by playing everyday and using shrooms. If you dont plan to do one of these two, dont expect to reach (and keep no.1) in this game, even if you start in a fresh server

I hope that helps you decide what to do
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 9th April 2014 at 10:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
David Zhou (10th April 2014)
Old 10th April 2014, 01:38 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldur View Post

I would suggest you to play now as casual and prepare a plan and your strategy, and when a new server opens, go there and start shrooming. After that, all you have to do is be consistent and dedicated by playing everyday and using shrooms. If you dont plan to do one of these two, dont expect to reach (and keep no.1) in this game, even if you start in a fresh server
That's what i did as well.

Plus.. Your only real disadvantage when starting on an old server nowadays is the aura level on the wc.. The fact that you can only donate one item/day makes it so you are NEVER able to catch up versus active people on that content. And it's really not something you can ignore since the aura level affects the "quality" of your gear.

So afterall, you might get close on levels but your aura gap will stay the same. Unless of course your time horizon is something like 1500 days At which point people will reach the maximum aura level of 66.

(note: 1147 days from level 1-66 with daily epics)
Old 10th April 2014, 02:16 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Never say never When there is a cap, you can always reach people It just takes many years to cap toilet or level, where most people quit long before that... (yes even level has a cap, and that is 400. Hopefully in 3-4 years I will manage to reach it )
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
krhth (10th April 2014)
Old 10th April 2014, 10:44 AM
Weekend Hero

Take a look at the German servers. Half the people there spam mushrooms on quests and dungeons and reach level 200 on a brand new server in like a couple weeks.
Old 10th April 2014, 04:06 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

That's wild, thanks to everyone for your statistics and what not.

I plan on playing slightly above casual for Server 10 on US until Server 11 launches, then I'll go wild on Mushrooms, hopefully I'll have a nice cash flow by then considering mushrooming sounds like it'll be VERY expensive. However this gives a really nice look of how I'll plan for the next server.

Question though;
In all honesty, what is the best class from what you can tell?

I like the fact that no one can evade/block a mage's damage but it seems like it's heavily dependent on RNG due to crits.

I like Scouts because they have the highest RNG dodge chances.
Warriors seem weak to me at the moment but I'm in the VERY low levels right now - 1 week in I'm a level 20, so this is by no means an accurate representation of how classes fare.

Also, what classes are dominant in the early levels - say 1-100? Maybe an early game domination strategy to keep yourself ahead, would that work?

Baldur, would you maybe share you experience/strategy with me? I understand it may be kept secret or only for a few people to know, I'm on US servers so I'd never compete with you, PM if you wish to not publicly post it. (:

All in all, I'm a competitive person and I'm interested in going hard on this game!

Side question; what's the best way to level a guild? Also, in the early days of your gaming - say with your 10+ friends - would it be better to be every man for himself and level your own toons and conserve gold for yourself and donate when you get a LOT of gold from quests later on OR would it be better to contribute SOME gold to the guild bank early and pool together for slow guild expansion OR would it be better for some of your friends to be mules for your guild and have them donate a lot and the 'elites' of your guild donate few to little so that your guild gets early expansion?

Sorry for the really long post, just a curious adventurer (:
Old 10th April 2014, 07:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
That's wild, thanks to everyone for your statistics and what not.

I plan on playing slightly above casual for Server 10 on US until Server 11 launches, then I'll go wild on Mushrooms, hopefully I'll have a nice cash flow by then considering mushrooming sounds like it'll be VERY expensive. However this gives a really nice look of how I'll plan for the next server.

Question though;
In all honesty, what is the best class from what you can tell?

I like the fact that no one can evade/block a mage's damage but it seems like it's heavily dependent on RNG due to crits.

I like Scouts because they have the highest RNG dodge chances.
Warriors seem weak to me at the moment but I'm in the VERY low levels right now - 1 week in I'm a level 20, so this is by no means an accurate representation of how classes fare.

Also, what classes are dominant in the early levels - say 1-100? Maybe an early game domination strategy to keep yourself ahead, would that work?

Baldur, would you maybe share you experience/strategy with me? I understand it may be kept secret or only for a few people to know, I'm on US servers so I'd never compete with you, PM if you wish to not publicly post it. (:

All in all, I'm a competitive person and I'm interested in going hard on this game!

Side question; what's the best way to level a guild? Also, in the early days of your gaming - say with your 10+ friends - would it be better to be every man for himself and level your own toons and conserve gold for yourself and donate when you get a LOT of gold from quests later on OR would it be better to contribute SOME gold to the guild bank early and pool together for slow guild expansion OR would it be better for some of your friends to be mules for your guild and have them donate a lot and the 'elites' of your guild donate few to little so that your guild gets early expansion?

Sorry for the really long post, just a curious adventurer (:
1. About the best class...
There is no best class... The game keeps a balance between the 3 classes. Warrior>Mage>Archer And archer>warrior.
BUT there are definetely cheaper classes!! (concerning shrooms)
The scout is the cheapest class since the dungeon and tower opponents are mostly warriors.
Then come warriors and finally mages are the most expensive.

So bottomline, you can't tell what is the best class until you find out what class are your strongest opponents.
For example you might have a scout but you come against an insane shroomer mage who will destroy you... (i meen if he consumes so many shrooms to keep up with you in level)

As for the guild... It is very important that you donate most of your gold in the guild especially in the very beggining. I would say donate around 60-70% of your income and keep the rest just to make sure you finish quests succesfully. (yes there s a high chance of loosing quests at early levels)
The gold you earn at the early stages on the game is just a tiny tiny tiny fraction of what you will be getting later on daily...
Level up the guild's instructor as soon as possible to max and you will most likely acquire the heads up versus the competition.
Also your high bonuses will attract new members. Never put yourself above the guild. It is not worth it even if you think about your toon and nothing else.

Last edited by krhth; 10th April 2014 at 07:13 PM.