Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 31st July 2014, 11:46 AM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
For winning 10 times, and keep the note in mind that you have to win with at least 100 honor! You may have to have 15 fights. That is 15 times 10 minutes! We need to play very long to gain this xp you keep advertising.
[...]
Now I know for sure that higher levels are the only ones who matter for Playa.
Ps. A guild member of Vindaloo, got his bonus xp. 30.000 Xp! After some calculating, we discovered that it was 0.3% of what he needed for his next level.
I only need 11 fights to get 10 wins by choosing players in the Hall of Fame who are inactive and do not have potions for example.

"You get XP if the enemy grants you 100+ honor and/or was not more that 20 ranks behind you (important e.g. for the top 10 players)"

The player has to be within 20 ranks which means that you can't attack low levels with a high level-player to gain XP easily. In addition, the "or" rule allows the top 10 players to attack each other who were not able to attack due to a too big honor gap. By the way, it is not my intention to make you love the new PvP system. It's fine if you don't like it and prefer as it was before the update. Just expressing my opinion.

Yes, the update is targeted at high levels as they needed new features and something to do. Lower levels are busy with many possibilities anyway: the first 9 dungeons, filling their scrapbooks, magic mirror, witch, WC.
If you've played S&F for years on a server and you would like to start an account on a new server I agree that there is nothing new you haven't already played before with your main account.

Yes, someone in the German forum has also calculated an additional bonus of 3% XP per day when getting all 10 PvP wins. It may not seem much but it is still better than nothing.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 31st July 2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 31st July 2014, 12:06 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I only need 11 fights to get 10 wins by choosing players in the Hall of Fame who are inactive and do not have potions for example.

"You get XP if the enemy grants you 100+ honor and/or was not more that 20 ranks behind you (important e.g. for the top 10 players)"

The player has to be within 20 ranks which means that you can't attack low levels with a high level-player to gain XP easily. In addition, the "or" rule allows the top 10 players to attack each other who were not able to attack due to a too big honor gap. By the way, it is not my intention to make you love the new PvP system. It's fine if you don't like it and prefer as it was before the update. Just expressing my opinion.

Yes, the update is targeted at high levels as they needed new features and something to do. Lower levels are busy with many possibilities anyway: the first 9 dungeons, filling their scrapbooks, magic mirror, witch, WC.
If you've played S&F for years on a server and you would like to start an account on a new server I agree that there is nothing new you haven't already played before with your main account.

Yes, someone in the German forum has also calculated an additional bonus of 3% XP per day when getting all 10 PvP wins. It may not seem much but it is still better than nothing.
This is true, but start fighting actively and you will end up where wins are less easy to come by
At this point you should start a fight with low or no gold, if you don't want risk to lose it
Thats why losing fame now lowers you and potentially saves you a lot of time and gold

That they made it more interesting for highers to continue playing by giving more content, that's fine, i'm all for that and if you put it like that it's a good thing
The issue of 'lower players spamming highers for a single win' would already be solved by dungeons anyway, since the increase dmg bonus will make those wins much harder anyway as the higher progresses through portals that the lowers cannot do

But why did they have to make it harder/less interesting for lowers, and also more difficult to try and gain up compared to the higher levels? (not giving examples because i think plenty have been given spread over numerous threads )

Old 31st July 2014, 12:36 PM
Farm Hand

For me both sides had right in some things.
I played something similar in PvP before, when I was far away from top. Now Im 5-8th rank, not many to attack and only 1-2 above me are from other guild, rest are my guildmates. In past I used to win with my 250lvl , players that have 290-300, even few more levels. Those were lucky wins, but when I got stronger (300+), I fight my way to top and stayed there.
So, its ok to loose some honor if you gamble with lucky wins.
But, also it is honest to give that other player that much (20) honor for defending also.

We can apply some rules, to prevent abusing this rule.
- no honor is gain/lost if opponent has no weapon
- no honor is gain/lost if you attack your guildmate
- no honor is gain/lost if rank diff is bigger than 50 places under 1000rank, 100 under 2000 rank.... something like that. to make some brackets for PvP,so you can fight your way to top lil bit harder and interesting.

Something like that
The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:
Spruitje (31st July 2014)
Old 31st July 2014, 01:29 PM
Hatchling

I think playa steal our levels -_-
Just now won arena fight and got some xp but not new level
My progressbar looks like this:

merton UK2 [RETIRED]
merton W1 [REMOVED]
merton US9 [REMOVED]
merton US3 [RETIRED]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merton For This Useful Post:
Leander (31st July 2014), Spruitje (31st July 2014)
Old 31st July 2014, 01:36 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merton View Post
I think playa steal our levels -_-
Just now won arena fight and got some xp but not new level
My progressbar looks like this:
-snipped-
Looks like they forget to check if someone is supposed to level when crossing the threshold with XP from battle

This should be in 'Bugs'

Probably if you gain some 'normal' XP in mission or dungeon it will level, but i would note down my XP to see if the 'extra' you got now will get transferred to your next level

Nice find!

Old 31st July 2014, 02:38 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
For me both sides had right in some things.
I played something similar in PvP before, when I was far away from top. Now Im 5-8th rank, not many to attack and only 1-2 above me are from other guild, rest are my guildmates. In past I used to win with my 250lvl , players that have 290-300, even few more levels. Those were lucky wins, but when I got stronger (300+), I fight my way to top and stayed there.
So, its ok to loose some honor if you gamble with lucky wins.
But, also it is honest to give that other player that much (20) honor for defending also.

We can apply some rules, to prevent abusing this rule.
- no honor is gain/lost if opponent has no weapon
- no honor is gain/lost if you attack your guildmate
- no honor is gain/lost if rank diff is bigger than 50 places under 1000rank, 100 under 2000 rank.... something like that. to make some brackets for PvP,so you can fight your way to top lil bit harder and interesting.

Something like that
I like the ideas u have but there is one thing keeping it from happening. this is a flash game there is just too much coding that cant be done in flash from making it happen and even if it could you are talking abt revamping the whole arena system to be able to do so and that could take a year if not more where we would not get new content while they worked on arena
Old 31st July 2014, 02:52 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I like the ideas u have but there is one thing keeping it from happening. this is a flash game there is just too much coding that cant be done in flash from making it happen and even if it could you are talking abt revamping the whole arena system to be able to do so and that could take a year if not more where we would not get new content while they worked on arena
I am programmer, and believe me its not that hard to put few "if...else" loops that would check this. You need player rank, opponent rank, their honor and calculate all. It will happen in less than 0.1sec aka you wont feel difference in current time.

I dont wanna ruin party, but biggest work on this update was new demon pictures and to figure system for their stats. No big programming now. All previous job was far more complex. If devs want, they could bring us new update every few months, as there are many great ideas across all forums for this game. I hope many of them will go alive in next patch and hope new patch will happen round end of year if not before
Old 31st July 2014, 04:52 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
I am programmer, and believe me its not that hard to put few "if...else" loops that would check this. You need player rank, opponent rank, their honor and calculate all. It will happen in less than 0.1sec aka you wont feel difference in current time.

I dont wanna ruin party, but biggest work on this update was new demon pictures and to figure system for their stats. No big programming now. All previous job was far more complex. If devs want, they could bring us new update every few months, as there are many great ideas across all forums for this game. I hope many of them will go alive in next patch and hope new patch will happen round end of year if not before
yeah I am not a programme last thing I did with programming was to make a card game in DOS. As for new content would it be nice to have more content more often meh maybe but from playing some other online game tbh I like it that we have to wait so they can do the best they can fo give us something that is balanced and has as few bugs as possible.

I can tell u from one game I play they give updates with new content almost every month and it is a disaster every time it is so buggy now that I barely play anymore stuff that was over a year old in the game was getting effected. and this is not new content as they have servers where they r from they put it on first and all other servers get it 6-8 months later there shouldn't be all the issues they have so hearing abt all the bugs from this update for demon portal is nothing as almost all was visual and playa imo did a great job on getting them fixed.

hey merton have u tried refreshing browser or relogging in might be a bug from the arena xp thing and might fix itself by doing one or both

Last edited by bobo baggins; 31st July 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 31st July 2014, 05:14 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Again you are stating things you know nothing about
I do flash and even as an amateur making such simple changes would only take a few hours or maybe a day to change

The Following User Says Thank You to Spruitje For This Useful Post:
bwana (31st July 2014)
Old 31st July 2014, 05:41 PM
Golden Shroomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruitje View Post
Again you are stating things you know nothing about
I do flash and even as an amateur making such simple changes would only take a few hours or maybe a day to change
Subjects like this has ben talked abt on the US forums and each time it has been said it would take a whole revamping of said part of the game or a lot of time and yes arena was brought up. So yes I might not know how to do it as I said but going by those that do in Playa it is something that would take too much time when working on new content and fixing any bugs that arise are more of a priority.

You also have to remember Playa does not have hundreds of programmers working for them they have maybe 20 at most not only making content and fixing bugs for this game but also soccer stars, bloodmoon, tiny island and I cant think of the name of the game but it was Play's first game for apple and android apps. so to say that it would be quick and easy maybe for a big developer that has hundreds of ppl that can work on it but not for playa.