Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 9th June 2010, 02:21 AM
Mushroom Collector

I think the forum is pulling together slowly, and I like how I can be the first one to answer things and its not too over-populated I do think that many people prioritize other servers before this, like .us was my top priority until I took over a guild and had duty's to fill. I also don't think this server was advertised as much as the others, like I found out about .us from a website called kongregate but i found out about .co.uk from a forum post on .us, is uk even getting advertised Leander?
Old 9th June 2010, 02:31 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerc123 View Post
...I found out about .us from a website called kongregate but i found out about .co.uk from a forum post on .us, is uk even getting advertised Leander?
I think it's what Joby said: you're in Canada, so the US server would be more "local" for you than the UK server, so you're targeted to join the US server. I haven't seen the German servers ever advertised, but that doesn't mean they don't have banner ads for them in Germany, Poland, Austria, etc.
Old 9th June 2010, 04:42 PM
Mushroom Collector

Ahhh, but is uk getting advertised? With only a little over 7000 people , you would think there would be more?
Old 9th June 2010, 05:09 PM
Mushroom Collector

You'd think, but maybe we just have high expectations

Maybe people in the UK are smarter than those of us who had the US server banner ads thrown in our face everywhere we looked.
"oh, new game. But I won't click the ad."
"Oh, same new game. But I won't click the ad."
"Oh, same new game. Still not clicking!"
"FINE I'LL CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!!"
*5 minutes later*
"ooooo...awesome game!!"
Old 9th June 2010, 06:36 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Yes, there are ads but I don't know how many and where they are placed. There is a thread "where did you find this game" in the US forum and the answers are really interesting, amazing and odd. It seems that these ads are placed anywhere. I think somebody was looking up things in an online dictionary when he suddenly saw an ad and clicked it.

Of course there are ads in Germany. Just click random game pages, game zines, entertainment sites and you will find S&F. One big TV channel has its own server, too. Imagine something like espn.sfgame.us. Moreover, you can even find ads in Germany's most popular gaming zines (print zines). Most of them contain a DVD with 1-2 full versions of older games (e.g. games that were popular 3-4 years ago), demos, videos, patches and...I also found one with a bonus code for S&F that gives you additional mushrooms.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 9th June 2010, 08:18 PM
Farm Hand

My suspicions about placement of ads in UK is that in literally *every* other online ad example, X number of placements translate into Y number of click-throughs which translates into Z number of enrollments. The numbers are high enough that you can usually guarantee that a significant number of people will at least try the game. Given that there are less than 8000 total accounts of which a significant # were already customers, it seems that the ad impressions haven't been delivered for the UK server.

I posted a poll on the US forums, we'll see if I get any useful info out of it.

Old 26th October 2010, 09:41 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

One more theory for you,

This is supposed to be the UK server but it is littered with US English spellings and hence doesn't feel like the UK server. This may put people off even after finding the game.
Old 26th October 2010, 04:11 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

I know but it is easier due to technical reasons. If armor is used instead of armour, people still know what is meant, don't they?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram