Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 15th September 2011, 01:27 PM
Weekend Hero

Default Strategy no no

A little suggestion to those who are wanting to join a guild or have just joined. Don't demand to be an officer. :no: It is a position which takes time to earn. We have a six month waiting list for our positions.

I just went to invite someone to the guild and he said *only if he could be an officer*. If that is the case then I suggest your start your own guild. We can't help you.

merlin Mage Corps - we are on our way.
Old 16th September 2011, 01:14 AM
Mighty Hero

I would have asked, what can you do for my guild as an officer that you can not do as a member. Some of the answers are HILARIOUS
Old 16th September 2011, 10:11 PM
Epic Raid Leader

we usually ask "where do you see yourself in the near future" before taking people in the guild. Game experience is always a big plus for their application, as well as the impression they give me during the interview
Old 16th September 2011, 10:13 PM
Mighty Hero

Oh no doubt. if you say "invite me plez", i am more than probably gonna garbage can your letter. But in cases like "only if i can be an officer", while it can be abrasive, it is also called determination. So there, would strike my curiousity, see what he is made of. I wouldnt invite him right away, but he would definitely earn a reply.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:38 PM
Epic Raid Leader

i was merely joking mate ^_^ but i guess i have a fail humour :S
Old 16th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Mighty Hero

oh, strangely enough, thats actually one of the types of questions we like to ask. lets us know what kind of guildie we are dealing with.
Old 24th September 2011, 01:33 PM
Weekend Hero

I dislike being officer. Its just extra work. As a normal guildie you can pretty much enjoy everything, without doing a thing

On .nl site i turned down the officer function and some people thought i was nuts. So i asked them.. why would you want to be an officer? and i got no reply
Old 24th September 2011, 10:06 PM
Mighty Hero

i wouldnt call it extra work. If you had a guild of exactly 50 members and no leadership type, nothing would get done, and the guild would never progress. Nothing would be organized. With the few stepping up, and everybody pulling their fair share, there really isnt all that much "extra work", just maybe an additional 5-10 min of stuff to do, ie if ur recruiting..sending out emails...
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:32 AM
Epic Raid Leader

being an officer is not extra work, its an extra feature of the game. If you see any part of ANY game as a "work" part, then you really need to change that game... I enjoy being an officer, only because it gives me something extra to do than just sit in front of my screen watching a timer counting and at the end showing me a number saying "you got a new level, congrats now start again from 0 for the next one"
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:57 AM
Epic Raid Leader

I DID become an officer, simply because I wanted to help out with the kicking/recruiting part.

At the very start I made an excel-sheet where I kept all donations from every member and calculated how much of their city watch they donated each day (3 times cw was mandatory then). Took me a bit of effort but I enjoyed doing it.

Not long after that the donations were scratched, half the guild didn't donate as required XD

Right now I'm keeping the waiting list for our guild, much less work. As a side-mission I'm making a item/stat-comparison calculator, simply because I enjoy the mental workout