Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:13 PM
Borb Borb is offline
Epic Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 327
Default Question about Fortress

Just one little question about fotress mechanics - how exactly are oponents chosen in fortress ? My question is, wheter honor in fortress matters during attacks - because if it does, it can be easily abused. Like .. wheter rank 100 in fortress could attack rank 5000 in fortress.
  #2  
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:27 PM
Valkyra's Avatar
Valkyra Valkyra is offline
Epic Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Gilde: UK forum
Posts: 347
Default

Im guessing here but it seems like the fortress opponents are chosen based on your fortress upgrade points and NOT the honor points... just like in the arena.
__________________

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.


  #3  
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:12 PM
TheDinorhino's Avatar
TheDinorhino TheDinorhino is offline
Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Gilde: UK forum
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
Im guessing here but it seems like the fortress opponents are chosen based on your fortress upgrade points and NOT the honor points... just like in the arena.
Probably true as the other day my level 95 mage attacked a level 190 in the fortress.
__________________
Mighty mage
playing on: w3.sfgame.net
  #4  
Old 24th December 2015, 02:22 PM
Maharg Maharg is offline
Mushroom Collector
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 58
Default

Following the update the system appears to have switched from one based solely on fortress upgrade level to one based on honour ranking. This is a bit tough on those with low upgrade who shot up the ranking by favouring military buildup!

My character on w1 had reached rank 600 ish before the update and regularly got targets with rank over 1,000. Now all his targets are also around 600 - like the arena.
  #5  
Old 2nd January 2016, 02:14 PM
Borb Borb is offline
Epic Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 327
Default

If its based on honor and rank, then its Really Really bad system and it can be easily abused - and it also encourage people Not to attack anyone.
Why ? Because if you do not attack, you will have very low rank - and naturally high ranked people wont be able to attack you, thus you will safe more resources than you would get from attacking. That´s not really nice ..
  #6  
Old 2nd January 2016, 02:53 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Golden Shroomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gilde: US forum
Posts: 3,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
If its based on honor and rank, then its Really Really bad system and it can be easily abused - and it also encourage people Not to attack anyone.
Why ? Because if you do not attack, you will have very low rank - and naturally high ranked people wont be able to attack you, thus you will safe more resources than you would get from attacking. That´s not really nice ..
I think it is good the arena is the same way if you want to keep a lower ranking you don't attack anyone there as well. no one complains about that.

for me I don't attack anyone I only do fortress so I can get exp and gems unfortunately I have to level everything to do the parts I want. That doesn't mean I have to attack others or move up in rank in the fortress HoF.
__________________
have fun, fight hard, die honorably
  #7  
Old 2nd January 2016, 03:49 PM
Borb Borb is offline
Epic Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I think it is good the arena is the same way if you want to keep a lower ranking you don't attack anyone there as well. no one complains about that.

for me I don't attack anyone I only do fortress so I can get exp and gems unfortunately I have to level everything to do the parts I want. That doesn't mean I have to attack others or move up in rank in the fortress HoF.
That´s just wrong.As i said, Arena and Fortress is something entirely different, since losing in arena doesnt really mean anything besides drop in rank, but losing battle in fortress is devastating.
The way it is, attacking other players is detrimental for growth of fortress, since it increases rank = more attacks from high ranked enemies.
And what is worse - you dont lose honor upon losing a battle in fortress = you will remain high ranked forever.

It should be based on upgrades of fortress, not honor - because otherwise, people will abuse it and gain the benefit of not attacking anyone and remaining on low level ranks.
  #8  
Old 2nd January 2016, 06:59 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Golden Shroomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gilde: US forum
Posts: 3,086
Default

Well tbh there are not many players near the top if any that are not all around the same upgrades because if there was one that wasn't the rest would go after him/her as easy pickings. also if the fortress was 3 lvls or more less the attacker gets nothing.

I say leave it as an honor based attack system.


oh by the way you also lose gold in arena. yeah still not as much as resources in fortress but if u get spam attacked and or have a lot of ppl going after you it can hurt a lot; and considering other then gems and exp from fortress doesn't help your toon one bit I say arena is the bigger deal.
__________________
have fun, fight hard, die honorably
  #9  
Old 2nd January 2016, 07:10 PM
Borb Borb is offline
Epic Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Well tbh there are not many players near the top if any that are not all around the same upgrades because if there was one that wasn't the rest would go after him/her as easy pickings. also if the fortress was 3 lvls or more less the attacker gets nothing.

I say leave it as an honor based attack system.


oh by the way you also lose gold in arena. yeah still not as much as resources in fortress but if u get spam attacked and or have a lot of ppl going after you it can hurt a lot; and considering other then gems and exp from fortress doesn't help your toon one bit I say arena is the bigger deal.
Umm not many people near top ? I dont use mushrooms in fortress and i am ranked top 20.
Also difference of 3 lvls mean nothing, as moving from lets say fortress 13 to lvl 14 takes tons of time.
And fortress is like a game within a game, and lot of people play just fortress to enjoy it - unlike arena.And to actually compare Arena with a fortress is a pure joke - in fortress, you lose 10% resources + what u have in mines.But in Arena, you lose ... almost Nothing.In Arena, you would have to lose like 100x times to lose Gold worth of + 1 stat.That´s a just a joke.

Fortress should be based on Fortress Upgrade, nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise people will abuse the system and it would be unfair to active people that likes attacking - since 1 win attack give + 1 honor, and its easy to amass like 20-50 honor a day if one is active.
  #10  
Old 2nd January 2016, 07:14 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Golden Shroomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gilde: US forum
Posts: 3,086
Default

Well why should those who just want better mines and academy suffer because some one wants the system changed. another way to compare the 2 is in arena you move up to high in ranking others will knock you back down. well from what I am hearing same is happening in fortress seems to me system works fine it the price ppl pay for getting ranked higher then they should be.
__________________
have fun, fight hard, die honorably
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'