Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 07:19 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Well why should those who just want better mines and academy suffer because some one wants the system changed. another way to compare the 2 is in arena you move up to high in ranking others will knock you back down. well from what I am hearing same is happening in fortress seems to me system works fine it the price ppl pay for getting ranked higher then they should be.
What you say is basicly Against the concept of fortress - as you are against attacking, promoting that people do Nothing and get more than people that are active - that´s not good.
And again, Fortress isnt Arena. Also in arena, you get knocked down.But not in fotress - You Do Not Lose Honor in Fortress,which makes this " argument " invalid. Please, only use constructive input for this problem. Thank you.
Old 2nd January 2016, 07:22 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Actually you do get knocked down in fortress not in losing honor but others gaining it and if it means others attacking the weaker players who attack a lot then so be it that is the way the fortress is suppose to be.
honor is the best way to tell who the active attackers are not upgrades.
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:26 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Actually you do get knocked down in fortress not in losing honor but others gaining it and if it means others attacking the weaker players who attack a lot then so be it that is the way the fortress is suppose to be.
honor is the best way to tell who the active attackers are not upgrades.
True, but the lost attacks in the fortress are expensive: all the stolen resources + the resources of rebuilding your defenses (archers and mages). This keeps you from being able to build defenses, gem mine, hall of knights, academy... so it does affect your character

The result is that the strong players will farm way too much from the weaker ones, weakening them even more (as they cannot build).
I for one have stopped using the attack function in the fortress: I was being attacked every 9-10h, unable to build defenses because I was stolen more than I was producing. I have decided to spend as many resources as I can on the hall of knights, and to stop attacking; hoping the strong players get high enough in the ranks to leave me behind.

That said: I believe the problem I am describing is not caused by the new honor system, but by the sudden switch of power due to the change in it. I think that as time goes by and players are playing with it in mind, this unbalance will decrease.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:46 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Stop attacking wont help to fast cuz you don't lose honor thus dropping in ranking will take very long. Worse thing is amount lost. Theres a moment, when you lose about the same amount you produce (rebuilding archers/mages costs to) and its below amount needed for upgrade some buildings, not to mention fortress.
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:05 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

As yerawen said as time goes on the unbalance from the change will right itself and yes it will take time as you don't lose honor from losses. maybe the change should be not the way it decides who u attack but that if within say 100 honor of the attacker and u lose that you lose 1 point honor. by doing this it will speed up the rebalancing of the rankings