Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th May 2018, 12:33 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharshooter View Post
Like you said it's only theory Second thing: there is 320 mins not 300. I think time retired for SF is way too long. I play since w10 every day 320 thirst. It takes me around 3-4 hours a day to spend all thirst.
Of course it's 320, I assume basics.

Anyway, it must be stupid spending time on watching clock going down from 10min to 0. If I click tavern, then start doing anything else on my computer especially at work
As well on my mobile phone, when I'm driving and there is for example red light, I can click 1 mission more in 5 sec wasting your 10min spending on sfgame. Don't be ridiculus
Old 9th May 2018, 01:11 PM
Epic Raid Leader

It would be nice if we could play normal thirst and beer thirst simultaneously.
Some mini game (like fishing) to do on the side would also be nice.

And sure, you don't have to look at the timer, but playing on and off will take you whole day to finish.
Old 10th May 2018, 04:02 AM
Hero

voted yes - its way too long and its only bearable because I do other things in meantime.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:06 AM
Mighty Hero

I think the game would be much more popular if it wouldn't consume so much time! Moreover it should slow down churn proces. Maybe players like George wouldn't delete themself if they don't have to spend 5h a day! Definitely case to consider.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:47 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

How long should the maximum time a day be? You don't have to play 300/320 thirst a day so a part of competition is dedication. Those who want to be really good have to dedicate more time than others. It's the same for other games where the best players play hours a day to stay competitive and master the game. As there is no skill involved such as reaction or controller mastery it has to be time management and dedication.

I understand your gripe though so let's see if a reduction to a certain amount is possible.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Sendilkelm (10th May 2018)
Old 10th May 2018, 02:09 PM
Epic Raid Leader

I don't agree with this perspective on the game

On most mmos you have open game time and can do as much as you want. You can put 2h or 10h. It's your choice.
Some content is usually gated and to be efficient / stay competetive you need to do what must be done every sinhle day. For example you do daily quests to farm reputation with a certain faction.

HOWEVER the gated content ends at some point and another one is presented after some time.

In SF there are no breaks, theres no vacation, if you don't put the time each day you are left behind.

You could say that it's the charm of the game, but I have been playing (altogether) over 7 years, day in and day out, and I feel a bit tired with the game.

Maybe (just maybe) it would be a good idea to give people option to do a day or two worth of thirst in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
Leander (10th May 2018)
Old 10th May 2018, 07:24 PM
Mighty Hero

Don't compare Shakes & Fidget with other games, please. There is almost no strategy nor skill involved in this game, you have to know the basic concepts - and that's it. The main thing that differs the best players from the worst are only this two: money and endurance.

I'm not seeing anything related to money in this topic, so I guess that's off the deal. We are complaining only and ONLY about the time we spent here. Unless you are someone who works with a computer, where you can login almost all the time, you are in trouble if you want to suceed in this game.

Imagine having to play for 5 hours, every single day for more than 8 years (S&F has 9 years of existence?). And besides the amount of time you have to dedicate per day to this, don't forget about how monotonous it gets in high levels, so as you can see there is not much motivation to keep playing at this rythm.

We're asking for a reduction to the time spent doing thirst. Not a reduction to thirst/day, but TIME spent doing thirst.

I agree with you - people have to spend time and dedicate a lot if they want to be the best in something. But let's be honest here, this is just a video game, an escape of real life where we hang out and stuff. Not a job. Damn it, I know people who work 7 hours a day, and you want me to spend 5 hours a day IN A GAME? xD

Last edited by Apollo; 10th May 2018 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Eggman95 (10th May 2018), kečup (10th May 2018), sharshooter (10th May 2018)
Old 11th May 2018, 01:04 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
(...)

I understand your gripe though so let's see if a reduction to a certain amount is possible.
1 hour per free
3 hour per full thirst
Old 11th May 2018, 09:03 AM
Mighty Hero

Well it's a good idea to add something not for free. Something like portal bonus or building which will shorten time needed to finish quest (like boots enchantment).
Old 11th May 2018, 02:47 PM
Weekend Hero

shadow portal, max wiol be 50% reduction of time needed to finish thirst
max will be 2h 40min for 320 thirst and 1h for 120 thirst

Last edited by kečup; 11th May 2018 at 02:50 PM.