Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 12th April 2019, 03:02 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Default Scrapbook

I think everyone can agree that filling scrapbook is the most tedious and unfun thing in Shakes & Fidget.
I've often thought how to make filling it better without needing to change anything. I think I've found the perfect solution that should be easy to implement and save a lot of time for many people.

Currently when you attack someone you get that specific item type and color of the specific item.

What I suggest is when you attack someone you should fill every color variation of the said item ( 5 items )

Epics will remain untouched.

I think this change is mostly to not chase away new/newer players and to stop needing to use scrapbook helper ( which may or may not be allowed to use, but 99% of top players use it )

Last edited by Lumidee; 12th April 2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12th April 2019, 03:19 PM
Mighty Hero

Some things are supposed to be boring and tedious, that's the only way to reward those who really dedicate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
kolokythopitaki (14th April 2019)
Old 12th April 2019, 03:30 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Some things are supposed to be boring and tedious, that's the only way to reward those who really dedicate.
How do you suggest they deal with scrapbook helpers then ? Ban 99% of the top 1000 of ladder ?
Old 12th April 2019, 08:20 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
How do you suggest they deal with scrapbook helpers then ? Ban 99% of the top 1000 of ladder ?
That would seem rather foolish, but your idea doesn't really help that much either. It would be worse than scrapbook helpers; it would literally help make the whole process way faster and with any scrapbook helper it would be even more boring than it already is. How do you guys even think these through? Or do you at all?

Also, why would you ban scrapbook helpers?
Scrapbook helpers are useful but until a certain point, you still need to level up quite a bit to get to that 90% completion and to get 100% or even that 90% before a certain level (say 200) is pretty much impossible. lol

It definitely helps a lot but it's just a tool, it is not a hack; with the lack of management in scrapbook it seems a bit more natural to use a searching software or a website, you still have to do it manually in that software/site and in the game too..... the level wall is still there too... :\
Old 12th April 2019, 09:48 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
And do you think that people would stop using those third party programs with your idea implemented?
Old 12th April 2019, 10:03 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Some players like to work for rewards. It's always a fine line between "it's too tedious" and "we have nothing to do".

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Fantasy (13th April 2019), kolokythopitaki (19th April 2019)
Old 18th April 2019, 12:07 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

not sure which helpers you are talking about but the thing I always used to help me was https://www.4m7.de/sammelalbum/ it has all the pics of what is in the scrapbook. if you register and login you can change the background of the pics from white to black. I used white for what I needed and black for what I collected. yes still I pain but at least a little easier searching. also no bot or helper usage.
beroun (20th April 2019), katastrofeas (18th April 2019)
Old 19th April 2019, 08:57 AM
Epic Raid Leader

The big problem with scrapbook might be just the pacing. It's overwhelming and even before the end people burn out on it.

I think Playa could consider stretching this content out. For example they could make only first two pages of each section be available at start and give next one or two pages every week.
Just a thought.
Old 21st May 2019, 07:21 AM
Greenhorn

I thnik scrapbook is one of the most funny things in this game. I wish there would be alot more items to collect I did it in a week and WITHOUT scrapbook helper or how you call it. And I'm even at top 4 players :-)