Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 17th June 2019, 04:20 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum
Default Official Birthday Update Discussion Thread

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAKES & FIDGET

Shakes & Fidget is going to celebrate its 10th anniversary this Saturday! Our birthday update went live on s1.de at 4 p.m. CET today. All other worlds and platforms will get the update some time until Wednesday.
From Friday to Sunday we will have ALL EVENTS AT ONCE (more XP, more Gold, more Epics, more Forest Rarities) and a +20% more mushrooms sale! Moreover, Dr. Abawuwu's Special Offers will be available on these days as well!

In addition, you can also collect the birthday pet Water #17 during the event.

THE UPDATE

Be the star and fight against your Youtube stars in the new Shadow Dungeon!
Be faster than the rest and boost your performance with Dr. Abawuwu's special time-limited birthday offers!
Be a collector and complete your scrapbook with new achievements, new birthday epics that can be only found till June 30 and all missing epics and monster stickers!
Be meticulous first but slow down later: Missing scrapbook stickers now wobble in the hall of fame and in shops from level 85 on after finding the Holy Grail in the mine!
Be surprised as stickers not found yet will be mystically displayed in the scrapbook!
Be pretty and ask the blacksmith to change the looks of your epics!
Be busy and multi-task: Collect your gold while upgrading the gold pit!
Be convenient and use the + icon next to your items to upgrade them quickly, even several times with the new slider!
Be communicative and send messages to up to 5 recipients at the same time!
Be smart and study your opponents' mouseover in the arena, your guild pet and in the underworld!
Be well-informed and use the new chat commands /mushroomspaid and /mushroomsfree to see how many bought and free mushrooms you had!
Be enraptured as many graphics have been reworked and Fidget has a brand-new shop now!
Be wise and read the entire list of changes and fixed bugs!

New features:

Changes:

Fixed bugs:

BONUS & THANK YOU

The first version of Shakes & Fidget didn't have a dungeon button but it was called "Crypt". Here are some extra graphics from the game's past and its development:

Last but not least we would like to THANK YOU for playing Shakes & Fidget and your continuous support! Thank you!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 17th June 2019, 04:23 PM
Community Manager

Bump!

Old 17th June 2019, 04:37 PM
Mighty Hero

Personal feedback.
1 - the 'portal', seems like a lazy option (using existing avatars) and, in my opinion, I don't want to fight youtubers that I don't even care nor like.
2 - the new blacksmith option is interesting, nothing huge though, just another way to get money in (I'd decrease the cost to 25 mushrooms). Still, I give it a positive mark.
3 - the epics are ugly, they don't even fit the class theme and some of them are the same (mage and scout weapon are the same, maybe the shooting particles differ a bit, haven't checked that yet)
4 - The '+' icon to upgrade items is a good one
5 - new achievements is okay but it won't change the gameplay (actually I haven't seen the new achievements so I can't be sure about this, but achievements aren't supposed to change anything in the gameplay, so I'm assuming the new ones will follow the concept)
6 - the new shop is actually beautiful
7 - the gold pit change is a necessary one that is actually due.

So, overall and comparing to other online games I've played in the last 11 years, this looks like a small update, not a 10th anniversary update. I was expecting big content and minor changes: for example, instead of that 'dungeon', something as big as the fortress update, and all the other things.
Even if the dungeon comes with new battle mechanics (including underworld units, for example) and new bonuses, it's still a small update. You already had the avatars, you had to design the dungeon background, maybe create some stats and, I assume, implement the weapons and shooting particles. How much time did you spend on this? 1 week? 6 days to do the background and 1 day to create the stats and another day to create the code necessary for this and do some testing, assuming this is just one team for the entire dungeon?

I had high expectations for this update, not only because I was curious about what would Playa come up in such an important date, but also because I needed this update to be something good in order for me to not quit this game for once. Sorry, but I'm not convinced. I have no intentions on playing a game that requires lots of money in order to be in the top X, when I don't want to progress in the game because I know that I'll just get boring and have nothing interesting to do, besides trying to defeat buffed monsters that I already defeated, each 5 months.

After 9 years playing SFGame and being here to see almost every update being implemented, I'm really disappointed to see how this game have been upgraded. So much potential, but still nothing. Lost all the faith I had in Playa Games after this one.
Old 17th June 2019, 05:33 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

I think i've put more effort in reading for 5 minutes a list of minor updates than the actual dev team in implementing them.

So disappointed
Old 17th June 2019, 05:46 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

50 shrooms to change the look of your epic? come on....
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraggori For This Useful Post:
katastrofeas (17th June 2019)
Old 17th June 2019, 06:17 PM
Ad4m

Where can I see how the new epics look?
Old 17th June 2019, 07:39 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Thumbs up

So I guess I am the only one who likes the changes huh ...

I play the remastered version of the game and in my opinion the new monster pictures fit the game nicely. It is all individual after all. I haven't seen the new epics and haven't even unlocked the new portal yet so I hope I won't be disappointed by them or by the poratal rewards. The only problem I have is that my album is messy. I see some of the new pictures but just some of them. Some monsters are still the same + I don't see the Harry Potter and LotR stickers there or the new 10 achievements.

Apart from that I find this mainly graphic update interesting at least, it feels really nice to look at the game now and that is important to me. I didn't expect any important and game-changing changes, this is a nice little surprise update I have to say ! I play this game for pleasure and I like it as it is .... and now it looks even better. And by that I don't mean I want it to stay the same forever but I play this game long enough not to cry for huge changes all the time.

Oh and the gold pit update is really nice, thanks for this one Playa.
Old 17th June 2019, 07:52 PM
Community Manager

Thanks for your thoughts so far!

Not all of the monsters have been updated. The update is only live on s1.de at the moment. All other servers have the new dungeon or the "change look" button of an epic item (blacksmith) but they don't work yet. We have to wait till the update is live worldwide.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Kuba311 (17th June 2019)
Old 17th June 2019, 07:59 PM
Mushroom Collector

So is this visual bug or we really have reduced XP bonus from scrapbook?
Old 17th June 2019, 08:30 PM
Community Manager

As all items have been added and not all were in the book before, the bonus has been slightly reduced.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
katastrofeas (17th June 2019)