Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th May 2018, 10:02 AM
Epic Raid Leader

I don't agree with this reasoning at all.

The amount of time you put into the game each day (that is essential) should be the same.

People do not stop playing because it takes so long. They stop playing because the game becomes monotenous.
You decide on exp or gold and there are no more decisions to be made, about anything.

Your proposal is no different then Playa implementing Hourglasses just for high levels.
Old 29th May 2018, 10:19 AM
Epic Hero

And why does the game get monotonous? Because,

1. There's nothing to do besides thirst
2. People don't get motivated when all they have to do every day is spend 5 hours on a computer doing 320 thirst.

This time reduction wouldn't take the monotony away; but it would help high players not get so bored (what do you prefer as an high level player, waste 5 hours or 2 and an half?).

But here it is: till a certain stage of the game, it's not monotonous. I wasn't bored at level 30, 50, 100, 200, 270. I am bored now, or maybe since lvl 325. Which means that I need that time reduction NOW because I'm not motivated at all to keep playing and spend 5 hours per day behind a computer.

About Hourglasses, I like that everyone can get it. That's like some kind of 'help' for players that, some days, can't stay 5 hours in a desk doing their thirst. But that's it, just some help, a small 'bonus'. Time reduction would be the ultimate reward.

How do you think players from, for example, German s1, who have been playing for 7-8 years, would feel when they had to spend 5 hours a day for 8 years to get where they are now, while people starting now only take 2 hours a day to do all the thirst?
Old 29th May 2018, 11:02 AM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
I don't agree with this reasoning at all.
[...]
First of all, this is just a suggestion thread, so who knows what playa will actually do.
But the reasoning is simple, if playa introduces quest time reduction, they probably conect it to some content (eg a Dungeon/portal) because otherwise it would be a waste of potential.
Also playa generates a lot of money through server launches, giving all players just a 50% quest-time reduction could/would f*ck with that business model.
Playa can be sure that someone who plays the game for 3 to 9 years woundnt just quit the game or spend less money just because he/she doesnt has to waste 5 hours a day anymore.
and also leveling is not that hard, eg:
(casual shrommer) lvl 300 in 113 days (start 21.03.2016; lvl300 11.07.2016) Link
(675 mushrooms bought) lvl 300 in 149 days (start 1.5.2016; lvl300 29.9.2016) Link
(3600 mushrooms bought) lvl 400 in 584 days (start 01.05.2016; lvl 400 6.12.2017) Link
(no mushrooms bought) lvl 300 in 275 days (start 15.9.2016; lvl 300 17.6.2017) Link

w23 launched 61 days ago, the level highest is lvl303
w24 launched 25 days ago, the level highest is lvl254
s38DE launched 11 days ago, the level highest is lvl240

Last edited by Eggman95; 29th May 2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 29th May 2018, 01:09 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
How do you think players from, for example, German s1, who have been playing for 7-8 years, would feel when they had to spend 5 hours a day for 8 years to get where they are now, while people starting now only take 2 hours a day to do all the thirst?
I have been playing for years and would be fine with that.
This would be a welcoming change. Playa needs all the players they can get.
On older servers we need fresh players as well. Anything to make these people to play is good.

Also this game is no walk in the park. If you want to compete it gets hardcore (as it should). Fatigue is just part of the equation. The weak fall off - that's how it always has been in games.

If you want to quit because someone spends as much time in this game as you, that's just fine.
Old 29th May 2018, 02:33 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
As a no-shroomer I think that the thirst duration is just fine as it is now. I dont have extra money to spend on a browser game but the amount of thirst there is atm. is just fine for me to have fun completely for free.

And if you are a shroomer or not ... well ... that is completely up to YOU ! Nobody forced you to use 320 thirst every single day. You made that choice by yourself. This game is a "PayToWin" from the beginning ... and making the game monotonous and time consuming in exchange for being on the top of the Hall of Fame was your choice as well.

But to the topic ... The logic is the same as if you were saying that few ears ago it was more difficult to complete dungeons than it is now (you know ... toilet aura, gems, gladiator, pets, portal bonuses, enchantments, blacksmith bonuses) so you stop playing the game because this guy had cleared the 13. dungeon 50 levels earlier than you have ... The game is evolving and with more and more updates there are more and more changes EVEN for the smaller levels that don't seem "fair" for someone ... but that's how it is.
Old 29th May 2018, 04:47 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba311 View Post
As a no-shroomer I think that the thirst duration is just fine as it is now. I dont have extra money to spend on a browser game but the amount of thirst there is atm. is just fine for me to have fun completely for free.

And if you are a shroomer or not ... well ... that is completely up to YOU ! Nobody forced you to use 320 thirst every single day. You made that choice by yourself. This game is a "PayToWin" from the beginning ... and making the game monotonous and time consuming in exchange for being on the top of the Hall of Fame was your choice as well.

But to the topic ... The logic is the same as if you were saying that few ears ago it was more difficult to complete dungeons than it is now (you know ... toilet aura, gems, gladiator, pets, portal bonuses, enchantments, blacksmith bonuses) so you stop playing the game because this guy had cleared the 13. dungeon 50 levels earlier than you have ... The game is evolving and with more and more updates there are more and more changes EVEN for the smaller levels that don't seem "fair" for someone ... but that's how it is.
Can you point me the correlation between spending 5 hours a day and difficulty? No wonder you don't see the problem if you spend "only" 2 hours a day instead 5 hour. I would't see the problem also
Old 29th May 2018, 04:53 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba311 View Post

I will answer this by topics

1. This is a pay2win game. Exactly. The only thing that counts here is money and endurance. Other things: daily activity (in hours), strategies, etc etc almost doesn't count for the game's main goal. There are some games where the best player is the most active and with the best strategies: the best players in here are the ones who spend more money and play consistently.

2. "and making the game monotonous and time consuming in exchange for being on the top of the Hall of Fame was your choice as well." So, in your opinion, if I don't want the game to get monotonous I should just stop leveling up my character? Is that it?

3. "The game is evolving and with more and more updates there are more and more changes EVEN for the smaller levels that don't seem "fair" for someone ... but that's how it is." That's how it is but that's not how its supposed to be. Thats why we're here, discussing new ideas and what would fit the game in the best way.
Old 29th May 2018, 05:57 PM
Veteran Epic King

The biggest reason I like Eggman's idea is it is the easiest for the devs to implement
#1 International Hall of Fame Attained
#1 Arena Manager in the World
1st to find all Pets in the World
1st Complete Fortress in the World
1st Complete Underworld in the World
1st Complete (New) Scrapbook in the World
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World

Old 29th May 2018, 07:38 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

i think we deviate from the main topic, the point never was the level requirement of that non-existing dungeon/portal.

my main reasoning was, that if that feature would be introduced through a dungeon/portal, it would be placed in the shadow-world. not because i love the shadow-world so much, but because it is the only free space left (in the light- and the shadow-world), the 15th dungeon recently replaced the exit portal, because there was so little space left.

i actually dont care what level would be the requirement,
but to get the first key to the shadow-world you need to be at least lvl125.
and still reaching lvl 300 is possible in less then 4 months.

theoretically if it is a time rift/portal, maybe it would make sense that you could find "the key" to that "time rift" during a time-machine quest,
like gem mine 10 was the requirement for the underworld.

Last edited by Eggman95; 29th May 2018 at 07:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman95 For This Useful Post:
Strider (29th May 2018)
Old 29th May 2018, 08:51 PM
Epic Raid Leader

And I still think it should be a global change, like with Hourglass....

...but true, one way or another theres no point in dragging this further. If Playa will want to make changes they will figure this out.