Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 21st January 2020, 12:42 PM
Greenhorn

Default Arena Manager Upgrade Price (complaint)

Hello, so as title says, I think the price for permanent upgrades in arena manager is heavily overpriced.

Currently I'm at 175 mushrooms price for upgrade, and I know there's a 200 mushrooms limit but that's ridiculuous price for what it gives.

I mean you can have for this price 112 days fastest mount. Or you can roll 200 times dr. abawuwu which gives you like so many random bonuses, if you compare this with what it gives you in arena manager. I mean I have already upgraded the most expensive buildings, and if I want to finish the small ones which gives me like 1% of the money income combined together, each for 200 shrooms, it's like 2,000 mushrooms wasted for nothing.
Or let's say I'll get better rune bonuses by 1% over a 6 months.

Ridiculous pricing.

I would understand if 200 was for the most expensive building. Each building have like 2 upgrades so maybe if the cost would be like:

Seats
Popcorn 2x for 5
Parking 2x for 10
Traps 2x for 20
Drinks 2x for 40
Deadly 2x for 60
VIP 2x for 80
Snacks 2x for 100
Monsters 2x for 150
Toilets 2x for 200

Considering the amount of money each building provides this seems fair more pricing, 1,330 shrooms for all upgrades instead of 2,900 which is insane I think. I would actually spend the less amount and I think more people would do that then this nonsense.
Old 21st January 2020, 01:07 PM
Hero

You are not considering that every building is upgradable 3 times, not only twice
Old 21st January 2020, 01:21 PM
Epic Hero

To be honest, is just the trend in other browser games - overly priced things. However, considering that the boosts are permanent, as in, is not like you're spending 150$ on dungeons, knowing that you won't get those mushrooms back. Arena boosts are an investment for your account that will stay there forever.

I don't mind paying this value for all the boosts (gold + platinum), the problem here is that we know that Playa will continue to implement more boosts which will continuously get more and more expensive
Old 21st January 2020, 01:57 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
To be honest, is just the trend in other browser games - overly priced things. However, considering that the boosts are permanent, as in, is not like you're spending 150$ on dungeons, knowing that you won't get those mushrooms back. Arena boosts are an investment for your account that will stay there forever.

I don't mind paying this value for all the boosts (gold + platinum), the problem here is that we know that Playa will continue to implement more boosts which will continuously get more and more expensive
Yea, nice, you are willing to spend like 100 of euro for such a thing, not everyone would do this. I mean I like this game and over the years I spent much more then 100 euros in it, but this is getting too much with everything else where we can spend shrooms... if they kept it more cheap, the amount of people who would buy the upgrades would earn them more in my opionon.

And I don't want even to talk about platinum upgrades, when gold ones are already overpriced O.o
Old 21st January 2020, 02:04 PM

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecky View Post
Yea, nice, you are willing to spend like 100 of euro for such a thing, not everyone would do this. I mean I like this game and over the years I spent much more then 100 euros in it, but this is getting too much with everything else where we can spend shrooms... if they kept it more cheap, the amount of people who would buy the upgrades would earn them more in my opionon.

And I don't want even to talk about platinum upgrades, when gold ones are already overpriced O.o
Since the gold ones are capped to 200 and the platinum ones at 100 maybe, just maybe, the next ones will cost less .

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
Old 21st January 2020, 02:06 PM
Epic Hero

I don't know what to say to you, if people don't want to buy the boosts that's their choice. Yes it's expensive but for me it's okay because it's just one account, and like I said for me this is an investment to be in the top on the long term. I prefer this kind of expenses that will help you for months/years (people with maxed out arena will reach the cap of runes way sooner than everyone else, specially the weapon damage which for me is the main target) than to fight against players on new servers that spend 1000 euros each month (not to talk about sponsored players that get 100E from Playa each day lol).
Old 21st January 2020, 04:22 PM

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
(...not to talk about sponsored players that get 100E from Playa each day lol).
You are joking about this or is it true ?

Please read the Board Rules and the Allowed language on the International Forum before posting. Thank You.
Old 21st January 2020, 04:40 PM
Epic Hero

Unge (german 'streamer') used to get something around those quantities when he played, something like 1 year ago. There are rumors that other youtubers also get such payments from Playa, but since they are only rumors I'm no one to say whether they are 100% true or not. But I can tell you that I wouldn't be surprised about that
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo For This Useful Post:
Valkyra (21st January 2020)
Old 24th January 2020, 01:58 PM
Hero

After months of the update being implemented now you remembered complaining about the cost?
It is what is is. Now if they reverse the cost i hope they refund the mushrooms to the players who already invested on it.
Old 15th February 2020, 03:29 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfps View Post
After months of the update being implemented now you remembered complaining about the cost?
It is what is is. Now if they reverse the cost i hope they refund the mushrooms to the players who already invested on it.
I totally agree with you. You and I both know that will not happen, and that costs will never be reversed. For sure having reached full platinum, I would be very unhappy if costs were reduced for those who did not pay initially. It would make me very hesitant to spend more on the game if that happened.

Take another example - Imagine the reaction of those who bought the gold frame for 1,000 mushrooms, if the same gold frame was offered to others at half price! This is exactly the same principle.

I don't believe for a minute that any such changes would ever be implemented by the developers.

Howie

Last edited by Howie; 15th February 2020 at 04:07 PM.