Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 14th June 2019, 08:12 AM
Hatchling

My guildleader has the exact same problem. He deleted and reinstalled the app, he's updated his iOS, nothing worked. He hasn't been able to play since the update and now he's on the verge of buying himself an iPhone7, hoping this phone will run the app without problems. My questions are: on which devices does this problem occur? Surely not on all Apple devices or it would have rained complaints here. Will the iPhone7 run the game or is my friend up for a major disappointment?

I hope you can clarify this, I don't want him to spend lots of money for nothing. Thanks in advance :-)
Old 14th June 2019, 02:54 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

An iPhone 6+. The old app used to work on an iPhone 5 but the new version does not.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 15th June 2019, 03:59 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

seems like a waste to have to buy a new phone to play a f2p game if it was me I would be done no matter how much I like a game.
Old 16th June 2019, 03:41 PM
Mushroom Collector

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
If you don't receive the auto reply and a ticker number, check your spam folder. If nothing is there sending the ticket hasn't been successful. In this case please send it again. Some providers don't work that well...what's yours?
after saying in this thread i cant play shakes on iPad Air anymore, you told me to file a ticket. It took me 3 attempts before your system managed, to register my complaint, that I couldn't play shakes on iPad Air anymore. And after all that YOU (Leander), replied to my ticket, asking which version of iPhone i use.... so what was the point of filing that ticket???

Could you PLEASE start reading the tickets/posts and give an answer and solve the problem already.

I. Can’t. Play. Shakes. With. iPad Air. Anymore. Since. Last. App. Update.
Not much to say about this one... Ghettoforce the Terrible, who overthrew FlyingJoe the Disagreeable, who usurped Vertex the Inconvenient, who backstabbed Gob Bushsniper the Despicable Long live the current guy...

Guildsecrets: https://scumbase.blogspot.com/
Old 16th June 2019, 05:08 PM
Community Manager

We need tickets for better communication, processing and details.

I am sorry the app no longer works but we can't do anything. The old version does not work anymore due to a change on Apple's side. Adobe Air is no longer supported but it would be required for the old iOS app to run. Therefore, Remastered is the only iOS version and it doesn't run on all devices the old app worked on. For example, playing the new app on an iPhone 5 does not work. You need an iPhone 6 or better.

Old 16th June 2019, 05:17 PM
Mushroom Collector

Angry

And AGAIN you reference to iPhone 5. Can you PLEASE for once, reply to my issue that the app doesn't work on iPad Air anymore?
Not much to say about this one... Ghettoforce the Terrible, who overthrew FlyingJoe the Disagreeable, who usurped Vertex the Inconvenient, who backstabbed Gob Bushsniper the Despicable Long live the current guy...

Old 16th June 2019, 05:18 PM
Community Manager

Replied to your ticket. Please send all required details in the ticket so I can directly forward it to the devs.

Old 17th June 2019, 08:24 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Replied to your ticket. Please send all required details in the ticket so I can directly forward it to the devs.
Thank you for forwarding the information to the devs.

I must applaud your effort to ask me 4 follow up questions, where i could literally copy/paste 3,5 of the answers from my original ticket you were replying to.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ghettoforce For This Useful Post:
Leander (17th June 2019)
Old 2nd July 2019, 03:39 PM
Mushroom Collector

Angry

For anyone wondering how this ended (it took me a while, as i'm still flabbergasted and pissed off. Not only about the outcome, but also about the whole process to get that answer):

They managed to have the remastered version, of this not very complicated browser game, to NOT work on IOS devices older than 5 years, even though they are still fully supported by Apple.

Meaning, my gift for the 10rth Birthday of Shakes and me sticking with this game for most of those years, is not being able to play this game anymore.

Great work guys. You really spoiled me with your 10 big surprises this year. Really!

Old 2nd July 2019, 06:01 PM
Community Manager

As explained before we cannot change it, sorry. We have to compress the app and some older phones don't support this kind of compression.
Moreover, a support ticket is required as it contains your accuont name, server and other technincal details and I can forward everything to different internal queues...which I can't with forum posts.

Last edited by Leander; 2nd July 2019 at 06:03 PM.