Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > S2 UK > The Guild Tavern

Notices

The Guild Tavern Alliances, mergers, small talk, meet & greet.

Old 8th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Most of all what i dislike: Once these guilds have the borrowed member on board, what they do? They just start an attack/fight - even they know - without these borrowed member the fight will be lost. So if you like to make friends and serve the community - how should the guild member feel who lose an silly fight - as the win comes only with borrowed member???

To interact, making friends and for social aspects of the community - is not the thing i found in doing this - as someone mentioned these are the main reason to make guild hopping reasonable.

Bottom line for me: I want to win guild dungeons and guild fights only with OUR member. Some realy got hurt to see us working as an guild very well - so i am very proud as a newbie, like the most member of our guild, to reach our goals without help.

Just imagine all leave and come whenever they want - whats legit - once you allow someone to switch guild. Thats why i choosed an guild where i have to "fight" for the top. Isnt much a plessure to gain something just while choosing a top guild. For most of our member and me is/was the way to the top the fun. But dont get me wrong - i accept different view - but dont expect tribute

Seems we came in the right moment - some felt in winter sleep and i noticed they try to fight back - NICE but please: dont sell yourself for something what doesn't deserve honour

Last edited by Laurentis; 8th July 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 8th July 2013, 08:33 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
I saw that top guild from UK2 server is borrowing their top players to 3 or 4 guilds just to beat dungeons with them. One day here, another day there...
On the other hand, they are protected from attacks as bug in game not letting anyone to attack them. Why is that? They seems to protected like DoDo bird, noone can harm them when they are weak! THat is so lame and bad for game itself.
No guild is protected from attacks; only way to protect yourself is to still be stronger then everyone else this way when the attack comes u still win.
Old 9th July 2013, 12:28 PM
Adventurer

Hi Bobo,

there is some kind of protection:

Quote:
However, a guild cannot attack a higher-ranked guild if the honour difference is higher than 3000. The reason is that we wanted to reduce unfair friendly attacks of allied guilds. The higher guild could temp. send guild members to the lower one with gold donations and in return the lower guild would attack the higher guild to protect it from attacks of equally ranked guilds.
http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthre...hlight=protect

My opinion is that you start a guild to accomplish something, and do this together. If you borrow players from another guild you maybe succeed in finishing a raid, but unless you level very hard, you wont be able to finish another raid very soon. This will take the joy out of raids, I think. Furthermore, if your guild is full you need to kick some hard working low levels to allow others to join. And then what? You attack some higher ranked guilds, and the people that helped you?
I would say, have fun, and believe in your own strength....
Old 9th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawN View Post
Hi Bobo,

there is some kind of protection:

http://forum-int.sfgame.net/showthre...hlight=protect

My opinion is that you start a guild to accomplish something, and do this together. If you borrow players from another guild you maybe succeed in finishing a raid, but unless you level very hard, you wont be able to finish another raid very soon. This will take the joy out of raids, I think. Furthermore, if your guild is full you need to kick some hard working low levels to allow others to join. And then what? You attack some higher ranked guilds, and the people that helped you?
I would say, have fun, and believe in your own strength....
Ok but they don't get special protection when they send ppl to other guilds which what was originally said they cant be attacked at anytime by a lower ranked guild if the difference is 3000+. So my answer still stands as correct they don't get any protection from attacks it is a way of helping keep allied guilds from blocking attacks.

If top guild is 3000+ from #2 guild they don't get attack end of story no protection not like they were gonna lose anyhow if they got that high above them.
Old 10th July 2013, 02:28 PM
Greenhorn

Hey im on server one but this argument is massively relevant. I run a guild in S1 and its done very well since its inception but all the guilds around me are currently being boosted by the top guild's top players to do dungeons. I have been asked by my officer if I want to join in as everyone is getting better than us and we wont be able to attract people to our guild as other's bonuses are getting higher and higher.

I personally HATE this aspect of the game, it makes all the guilds the same and makes the game boring. The game gets so freakin boring so fast that doinga guild dungeon is half of what keeps me interested. I love the feeling of doing a dungeon all on our own. Whats the point in that aspect of the game if everyone just borrows lvl 300s to batter a load of dungeons and then never be able to do one yourself for 5 years. You might as well give everyone an extra 10-20% bonuses and remove guild dungeons as a feature.

I very much hope there are still some players out there who wish a guild to be independent and its own creation. And that enjoy the success of beating a dungeon genuinely out of hard work and get a sense of communal achievement. This is how i hope to lure people to my guild. So they know theyre joining something they can be part of and contribute to not just another crap clone of every other guild with identical bonuses.

Its one of the reasons Im quitting the game very soon as soon as I sort someone out to take over the guild.

Its a poor thing to do and I wish people would stop ruining the game by doing it. Its not "competition" or "cooperation" no matter how you dress it up. Its abusing the ease of swapping guilds easily to give people things they do not deserve and have not earned legitimately. And it doesnt help bridge the gap to the top guilds at all. Thats utter nonsense. Those that spend money or A LOT of money on the game are always going to be loads higher in lvls and always join the top guilds. if youre operating under the belief that 10% extra percent will make your guild anywhere near one full of griffin dragoned 300's then youre delusional.

Ask any of those who've swapped guilds to stay forever at the new guild cos the bonuses are now good... I bet they dont. I bet they go back to the top guild because the other guilds are still crapper than theirs.

Thats how this game works. I have played for at least 5 years and have enjoyed myself a lot but the more I play the more I learn and the more I hear about who players are, what theyre doing and why and it all adds up to an incredibly stagnant game. Maybe its just my server but its as rank as a cess pit.

I hope you appreciate my wall of text opinion, if not, bring on the flaming.

Last edited by lem0nhead; 11th July 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 12th July 2013, 10:03 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Open discussion here - you are welcome

Guild leader problem - mostly. They have the power to stop such things. I am glad our leader and our member dont feel this way to impair competition.

Go on with your good job - i understand how you feel seeing other moving with borrowed member faster then you - but dont give up.
Nothing you/we can change. Thats why i started this thread - i disrespect such behaviour.

What we realy need in this game is more action / new in game stuff. Devs should think about some in game adds. I am sure more gamer will get deeper into the game and with money (for shrooms) support the game. I know games who bring up new stuff every single week. So some changes in months could realy help to stay tuned to the game. This just on an sidenote.

Last edited by Laurentis; 12th July 2013 at 10:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Laurentis For This Useful Post:
SpawN (13th July 2013)