Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > General

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 29th July 2014, 10:13 AM
ThaBestEver ThaBestEver is offline
Farm Hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 46
Default

Setting the game language to German helped for me.
  #92  
Old 29th July 2014, 01:13 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Golden Shroomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gilde: US forum
Posts: 3,106
Default

Hmmmmmm seems that the same ppl complaining abt bugs are the same ppl crying that the launch of the update was late.

this is why I said better to have the update late then buggy.

my suggestion make sure all your stuff is updated like flash, browser and os to the newest updates only issue I am seeing is no texted for demon portal and some strange text behind the attack button for player demon portal and dungeons.
__________________
have fun, fight hard, die honorably
  #93  
Old 29th July 2014, 01:54 PM
Spruitje's Avatar
Spruitje Spruitje is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Hmmmmmm seems that the same ppl complaining abt bugs are the same ppl crying that the launch of the update was late.

this is why I said better to have the update late then buggy.

my suggestion make sure all your stuff is updated like flash, browser and os to the newest updates only issue I am seeing is no texted for demon portal and some strange text behind the attack button for player demon portal and dungeons.
Oh geez, where do you get your info?
Do you even read posts?
Do you understand the timeline of events?

First of all Playa hyped up an update, an it came later than expected, so yes, people talk about that
Then the update comes, and of course it is discussed, some like it some don't. It's fair to discuss about that because that is what a forum is for

Next event is people reporting bugs, naturally because things are bugged so its common sence to reporrt them

Then Playa rushes a bugfix which breaks stuff even more, and you find it strange that people complain?
Things that WERE WORKING BEFORE THE FIX, so don't start shouting "upgrade browsers and flash" because obviously this is not the issue

There is even a report that fixes have been made, obviously Playa didn't look at those fixes themselves because it did not fix anything
It ADDED a new command though (/arenaxp) which was suggested and i even praised Playa for doing that

Yes, you have made your point, you are perfectly fine of playing a buggy broken game as a single player on a deserted server without any social/human interaction

Well a lot don't, and instead improving things people like about the game, things get broken

FACT: GERMAN servers got fixed
FACT: ALL other servers got screwed (AGAIN)
FACT: The GERMAN servers are the most functionally, feature filled and translated servers
FACT: Other servers had issues pending BEFORE the update AND bugfix that still exists today NEXT to the new bugs

You say it's the same people crying again, but it's only you who always say everything is fine, stop complaining (about everything)
We "the complainers" seem a bigger group here than you "the defenders" and i'm not even counting all the people i know INGAME that don't even bother visiting this forum anymore, because it useless anyway

You also say better update late than buggy, and maybe that is not too bad, but it was late AND buggy
BUT NOT BETTER DO BUGFIXES NOW AND BREAK MORE
that defies the whole purpes of a bugfix

If you can't deal with peoples opinions, maybe better you should not reply at all
__________________


Last edited by Spruitje; 29th July 2014 at 01:58 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spruitje For This Useful Post:
Bqczek (29th July 2014), Sir Wafel (29th July 2014), Willem1000 (29th July 2014)
  #94  
Old 29th July 2014, 02:49 PM
Leander's Avatar
Leander Leander is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gilde: UK forum
Posts: 5,270
Default

I understand both of you. However, Playa is a German company and of course the German in-game texts are always finished earlier. The language versions for all other servers have to be submitted to our translation office first. We could have waited till all translations are ready and online BUT we decided to upload the update to all international servers right away so other countries can get the update only 1 day later than the German servers. If we had not done so all non-German players would have complained that they don't get the update and they have to wait for some days.

Basically, it's the opposite of a win-win situation for Playa. If we upload the update without finished translations some of you complain, if we wait you also complain because you can't play the update.

Just give us some time to fix everything! Thanks for your understanding.
__________________

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager


Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (29th July 2014)
  #95  
Old 29th July 2014, 03:06 PM
GeorgeKen's Avatar
GeorgeKen GeorgeKen is offline
Epic Raid Leader
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gilde: UK forum
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I understand both of you. However, Playa is a German company and of course the German in-game texts are always finished earlier. The language versions for all other servers have to be submitted to our translation office first. We could have waited till all translations are ready and online BUT we decided to upload the update to all international servers right away so other countries can get the update only 1 day later than the German servers. If we had not done so all non-German players would have complained that they don't get the update and they have to wait for some days.
As a player who doesnt like being left behind the Germans, I have to thank the Playa team for that. Better to have DISPLAY BUGS (jesus christ people its not like the end of the world) than wait 1-2 weeks for the DISPLAY BUGS to be fixed and thus stay behind the Germans
__________________
*************************************
Hi, I'm George the Greek!
You can find me in UK server 1
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
*************************************
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (29th July 2014), Spruitje (29th July 2014)
  #96  
Old 29th July 2014, 03:21 PM
Spruitje's Avatar
Spruitje Spruitje is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
-snipped-

Basically, it's the opposite of a win-win situation for Playa. If we upload the update without finished translations some of you complain, if we wait you also complain because you can't play the update.

Just give us some time to fix everything! Thanks for your understanding.
AFAIK people were not really complaining, people just reported bugs,1 about not being able to do the dungeon and 2 the language was wrong

The complaining started when playa 'fixed' things and made things even worse
I just fail to see how fixing the wrong language in all servers, results in 1 right language on 1 server and the deletion of all the text on the others
They better kept things in english, which was no problem, just a minor annoyance maybe to some, until said server got it's own translated text

Playa should really stop rushing things, take a step back, collect all current issues and bugs and fix them proper, be it one by one or more at once

This rushing of things looks very unprofessional, makes the situation worse and degrades the general morality of the players

I rather have them NOT fixing this week if it will result in more bugs, i'd rather have a SERIOUS fix that solves things properly next month
__________________

  #97  
Old 29th July 2014, 03:57 PM
Sir Wafel Sir Wafel is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gilde: NL forum
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruitje View Post
Oh geez, where do you get your info?
Do you even read posts?
Do you understand the timeline of events?

First of all Playa hyped up an update, an it came later than expected, so yes, people talk about that
Then the update comes, and of course it is discussed, some like it some don't. It's fair to discuss about that because that is what a forum is for

Next event is people reporting bugs, naturally because things are bugged so its common sence to reporrt them

Then Playa rushes a bugfix which breaks stuff even more, and you find it strange that people complain?
Things that WERE WORKING BEFORE THE FIX, so don't start shouting "upgrade browsers and flash" because obviously this is not the issue

There is even a report that fixes have been made, obviously Playa didn't look at those fixes themselves because it did not fix anything
It ADDED a new command though (/arenaxp) which was suggested and i even praised Playa for doing that

Yes, you have made your point, you are perfectly fine of playing a buggy broken game as a single player on a deserted server without any social/human interaction

Well a lot don't, and instead improving things people like about the game, things get broken

FACT: GERMAN servers got fixed
FACT: ALL other servers got screwed (AGAIN)
FACT: The GERMAN servers are the most functionally, feature filled and translated servers
FACT: Other servers had issues pending BEFORE the update AND bugfix that still exists today NEXT to the new bugs

You say it's the same people crying again, but it's only you who always say everything is fine, stop complaining (about everything)
We "the complainers" seem a bigger group here than you "the defenders" and i'm not even counting all the people i know INGAME that don't even bother visiting this forum anymore, because it useless anyway

You also say better update late than buggy, and maybe that is not too bad, but it was late AND buggy
BUT NOT BETTER DO BUGFIXES NOW AND BREAK MORE
that defies the whole purpes of a bugfix

If you can't deal with peoples opinions, maybe better you should not reply at all
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Wafel For This Useful Post:
Spruitje (29th July 2014)
  #98  
Old 29th July 2014, 06:43 PM
merlination's Avatar
merlination merlination is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gilde: UK forum
Posts: 146
Default

Shouldn't we be getting extra xp from those who attack us as well, when we win? Undeserved hits should be compensated. Those wins should get rewarded.

merlin
__________________
mage corps the only way to fly
  #99  
Old 29th July 2014, 08:24 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Golden Shroomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gilde: US forum
Posts: 3,106
Default

Spruitje did I say u were one of the ppl crying I don't recall calling anyone out what I said was ppl were complaining it was late and once it was out those same ppl even though I said I would rather have it be months late then be full of bugs complained abt all the bugs as you can see u cant have it both ways.

No matter what we are gonna have bugs it is being transferred to different servers and different languages things are gonna get buggy as for what I said abt making sure u all have your os, browser, flash etc up to date cause most of the issues u all were seeing I wasn't or if I did a quick refresh of my browser tab fixed it.

As for do I read all the posted b4 I reply yes I do and do I forget stuff that I read or misunderstand what is said at times yes everybody does at time
( I tend to read things more then once as I am dyslexic and so I can miss things but I usually get the ful picture after I read it a couple times)

so all that being said yes report bugs leander Playa and myself want to know abt them all. but to cry it ruined the game the game is no fun anymore come on give Playa time to fix everything then if u don't like something then fine.

example I hate the catapult didn't like it from day 1 but I gave it time to see if it got better but nope so I seldom use it if at all anymore.
__________________
have fun, fight hard, die honorably
  #100  
Old 29th July 2014, 08:51 PM
Sir Wafel Sir Wafel is offline
Weekend Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gilde: NL forum
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Spruitje did I say u were one of the ppl crying I don't recall calling anyone out what I said was ppl were complaining it was late and once it was out those same ppl even though I said I would rather have it be months late then be full of bugs complained abt all the bugs as you can see u cant have it both ways.

No matter what we are gonna have bugs it is being transferred to different servers and different languages things are gonna get buggy as for what I said abt making sure u all have your os, browser, flash etc up to date cause most of the issues u all were seeing I wasn't or if I did a quick refresh of my browser tab fixed it.

As for do I read all the posted b4 I reply yes I do and do I forget stuff that I read or misunderstand what is said at times yes everybody does at time
( I tend to read things more then once as I am dyslexic and so I can miss things but I usually get the ful picture after I read it a couple times)

so all that being said yes report bugs leander Playa and myself want to know abt them all. but to cry it ruined the game the game is no fun anymore come on give Playa time to fix everything then if u don't like something then fine.

example I hate the catapult didn't like it from day 1 but I gave it time to see if it got better but nope so I seldom use it if at all anymore.
Yeah.

But now it´s late AND full of bugs.
__________________
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'