Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Does SF need rework thirst duration?
YES 43 78.18%
NO 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th July 2018, 02:57 PM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Why only once a month? You'll definitely get more. You don't have to refresh the shops as some refresh the shops anyway, looking for potions or epics during epic event.

Just give it a chance. In some weeks we'll see if the number of packs you find will be enough or there should be more.
Tell me, why people should care about epics or potions on 400+ when they have potions till the end of world? Looking for potions,epic mean you spend . You said they've removed it because you will get too many stacks but why you didn't remove it from shop and leave it in thirst? Answer :g old::gol d: that only counts for you guys.
Old 20th July 2018, 05:33 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Hmm.

Whales already skip every possible quest. When they run out of hourglasses they just use shrooms.

If that pack can be rolled with roughly 10 shrooms used in shops, whales will do that gladly. And that just gives them more opportunities for epics.

I am not certain if this is actually good for the game.

Anyway, someone will probably test it. Maybe even BMWGuinness.
Old 21st July 2018, 12:51 AM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

10-packs aren't that rare. I just refeshed the magic shop 8 times and bought all quicksand glasses I found...a 10-pack and 3 single ones. With them in the shops and the Time Machine we are definitely able to reduce the daily playing time. Don't forget lucky coins you win some mushrooms with to refresh the shops.
By the way, there are still many players who don't store potions for months. They only look for them if the old ones would expire...spending some mushrooms, buying new potions and also finding quicksand glasses.

A ten-pack 1.8 million (level 392 account)...no big deal.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 21st July 2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 21st July 2018, 05:36 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
10-packs aren't that rare. I just refeshed the magic shop 8 times and bought all quicksand glasses I found...a 10-pack and 3 single ones. With them in the shops and the Time Machine we are definitely able to reduce the daily playing time. Don't forget lucky coins you win some mushrooms with to refresh the shops.
By the way, there are still many players who don't store potions for months. They only look for them if the old ones would expire...spending some mushrooms, buying new potions and also finding quicksand glasses.

Time Machine to save thirst? No wonder you have only 392 lvl account. Please don't type such usefull advice because someone will follow it.
Old 21st July 2018, 06:39 AM
Farm Hand

Quote:

100 mushrooms spent - 5 epics, 3 10-packs

Quote:
Why only once a month? You'll definitely get more.
So one "free" a month sounds about right to me at the moment
Old 21st July 2018, 08:34 PM
Community Manager

@Sharpshooter The time machines stores thirst you do not play, reducing the daily playtime. Just don't play your whole thirst, let it be stored in the time machine, then play it all with just 1 click next day.

@Gerond Bad luck then. The drop chance is not low. A friend ended up with 40 glasses with 40 mushrooms spent. Of course luck plays a role too. Sometimes you refresh the shop 20 times without an epic whereas other times you spend 20 and find 5.

Old 21st July 2018, 08:53 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
@Sharpshooter The time machines stores thirst you do not play, reducing the daily playtime. Just don't play your whole thirst, let it be stored in the time machine, then play it all with just 1 click next day.
Nobody who wants to play optimally (and does 320 thirst) does that. You lose your chance to choose gold/XP, you don't get items, you have no chance for shrooms, pet food etc. etc.

Quote:
@Gerond Bad luck then. The drop chance is not low. A friend ended up with 40 glasses with 40 mushrooms spent. Of course luck plays a role too. Sometimes you refresh the shop 20 times without an epic whereas other times you spend 20 and find 5.
Could be bad luck. But statistics doesn't work with that term and 100 mushrooms is a better statistical sample than 40 or 8. There's a higher chance you guys were lucky than me being unlucky. Even then...40 shrooms for 40 glasses isn't good. You can skip the same amount of quests for those shrooms and don't have to pay gold for it (I understand he was also looking for epics and potions but still).

Last edited by Gerond; 21st July 2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 21st July 2018, 09:23 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerond View Post
Nobody who wants to play optimally (and does 320 thirst) does that.
The goal was to add some option to reduce thirst. Everybody has the option! If you would like to play your whole first without the time machine, it is up to you but if you don't want to play so long, you have the option to reduce your time with the time machine and glasses.

Again, don't refresh the shop just for glasses but buy them if they are around anyway.

Moreover, playing your entire thirst manually should have an advantage (because you said the glasses cost money).

I talked to Playa a couple of times and forwarded that some of you are angry but some are not...and it won't be changed at least now.

Old 21st July 2018, 09:45 PM
Farm Hand

Quote:
The goal was to add some option to reduce thirst. Everybody has the option! If you would like to play your whole first without the time machine, it is up to you but if you don't want to play so long, you have the option to reduce your time with the time machine and glasses.
Okay, we obviously don't agree on this point. I'm just saying that "hardcore" 320 players (who need to cut thirst duration the most) don't use this option because they would lose something. That's it.

In the other thread you gave another example for glasses in shops. 25 shrooms for 23 glasses. That means you get on average less than 1 hourglass per day without refreshing. 10 minutes saved - I don't think that that's a very big help. Hourglasses from tavern are still way more important.

I just don't understand why Playa needs us and wants us to play 5 hours every single day. Active players will still chat in guild, log in every hour because of dungeon etc. You are just losing some players who would play 320 if it wasn't so time consuming. Even though you say we shouldn't refresh shop for glasses, with this update it certainly seems like Playa wants us to.

Last edited by Gerond; 21st July 2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 21st July 2018, 11:18 PM
Community Manager

The current situation with glasses and playing time does not mean it will be like this forever. Those who refresh the shops regularily do not have problem getting glasses. Personally, I only buy potions if needed and not store them for months. I agree that players who already have potions for all eternity (and beyond) only look for epic items every few months. Depends on your play style. I will ask Playa what players should do who don't use the shop much anymore.