Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 13th February 2020, 05:00 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Default Inactives no longer a useful member of guild

A couple of my guild mates were perusing the German forum and apparently found this entry in the game manual

Original Text taken from German manual:

"Hinweis: Ist ein Spieler über 21 Tage inaktiv oder wegen Verstößen gesperrt, so trägt er keine Punkte (Gildenausbauten, -pet und Ritterhalle) mehr zur Gilde bei."

His translation was:

So anyone missing >21 days does not count for Guild commons like HOK, Pet, etc. anymore.

It doesn't seem to be active on my server yet (S1.us) but if this comes over it will be a deathknell for the server.

by my guess there is already at max 500 people who are active, its probably like 300 though. If the guilds that are holding on with half full of inactives are suddenly losing any benefits from those players than its likely they will not be sticking around very much either.

Can anyone confirm if this is actually in the German manual ( i cant read German ) and/or confirm if this will come to the other servers.
Old 13th February 2020, 07:52 PM
Weekend Hero

The information about this was first rumoring on the community discord (my signature) and I brought it to the german forum to clarify, after that it got officially stated by KO771 and added to the manual.

It is said to be already active on any server even if the numbers visible in the game say something else, this is supposed to be a bug.
Old 13th February 2020, 09:20 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

hmm now that you mention it, I think our guild pet level went down a bit about 1-1.5 months ago, so maybe that is when it was applied. I thought it was just from moving some people out to get some new ones in but maybe not.

Haven't noticed any real changes in gem values from HOK but maybe i just didn't pay enough attention.

Still a crappy idea though. I dont understand the idea behind this and why it was done. All it does is hurt old servers whose population has dwindled.
Old 13th February 2020, 09:26 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Will talk to the team and update the manual.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 14th February 2020, 09:05 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okk View Post
It doesn't seem to be active on my server yet (S1.us) but if this comes over it will be a deathknell for the server.

by my guess there is already at max 500 people who are active, its probably like 300 though. If the guilds that are holding on with half full of inactives are suddenly losing any benefits from those players than its likely they will not be sticking around very much either.
Is it really so bad decision? I mean, why shoult you even play in half dead guild? You say there are 300 active players, that means there is space for at least 6 full active guilds. Wouldnt be it much more fun to be in guild with people that are actually playing? And whole server could become more active if new players would have chance to play in top guilds instead of dead accounts. Just throw away nostalgia, get rid of characters you played with many years ago, merge some guilds and enjoy new beginning. ;-)
Old 14th February 2020, 11:03 AM
Mushroom Collector

Its not that easy. On really old servers (exclude s1.*) base of players is decreasing quite fast. Today you have guild with full active members, week later few of them are inactive for next days/weeks/months. Looking for new member is difficult and usually the new one is much weaker than previous one.

Sometimes its better to have few inactive players in guild which give you +20 knights and few more levels for guild pet than much weaker low level player without even upgraded fortress.

Also, usually there are top 3 strong guilds (and probably 2 of them are "friendly" for themselves and 1 treated as "enemy"), other guilds are weak and I bet in some of them are multiacc. so fusion is almost impossible.

Weaker players dont want fusion because they will be merged with other weaker members so its downgrade for them (and some of them wont play anymore), it can be also not enough room for some high level players so they will be also merged with the low level players (some of them also will stop playing) and from 3 strong guilds you will have only 2. In next few months you will have to find several new members because someone is inactive etc.

Playa have to find solution for merge old servers.
Old 14th February 2020, 11:34 AM
Adventurer

If they would just let us move existing toons to a different server, active guilds could easily move themselves.

You could let ppl have the first move free and then charge some large number of shrooms for any further move within, say, a 12 month period, if you wanted to discourage it as a general thing.

I have only one toon and I've been playing for over 5 years now. I really don't want to have to start all over again just to be playing on a more active server.
Old 14th February 2020, 01:49 PM
Farm Hand

By doing like this new players won't have any motivation, when you see levels 500ish you know you will never catch them... so not a solution i think, or maybe all the servers from approximately same years together, but mixing old servers and new servers is doing an enormous favor to old players and letting go of all new players and all competitivity, not a good idea i think

¤ w35.net: Dark Knights - NthraX --> Berserker level 382
(new main account top8 on W35)

¤ s8.fr: Psilocybe Cubensis - NthraX --> Scout level 355
(old account)

I'm back from a long break, ready to shroom until it... shrooms
Old 14th February 2020, 02:21 PM
Mushroom Collector

I thought it was obvious that noone is talking about merging old servers with the newest.
Old 14th February 2020, 03:52 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortas View Post
Is it really so bad decision? I mean, why shoult you even play in half dead guild? You say there are 300 active players, that means there is space for at least 6 full active guilds. Wouldnt be it much more fun to be in guild with people that are actually playing? And whole server could become more active if new players would have chance to play in top guilds instead of dead accounts. Just throw away nostalgia, get rid of characters you played with many years ago, merge some guilds and enjoy new beginning. ;-)
trust me i try to merge guilds all the time. this is a month or two old but this is a quick snapshot of my server

rank 1 - Severed Tongue - has a majority of the super high players. Double the honor of rank 2
Rank 2 - psych unit - was long time #2, guilds 3-5 are closing in honor so may be less active now
rank 3-6 - Shades of Gray, Dark army, Disciples of Beer, Waterdeep (my guild) all within 100 honor of each other and constantly switch positions
rank 7+ everyone else 15k less honor and drops quickly

ranks 1-2 had close to full guilds last time i really looked at them

shades of grey - 30 active
disciples - 40 active
dark army - 35 active (i think)
waterdeep 30 active

for the next 16 guilds i counted ~93 active players of which 57 where split in two guilds with 8 of those other guilds being completely dead.

I have tried repeatedly to recruit the people in guilds with 1-5 players but either they do not respond or politely decline stating they just want to play casually.

We could try to merge some of the larger guilds but what is the point really, we still will never catch #1 and that lessens the server even more.

So yes having those inactives with their HOK's and pet levels is a very big deal for most of us.

note - activity numbers were based off of launched attacks and counting the amount of defenders that did not have 1/10th of a health bar to begin with.