Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 28th June 2010, 02:40 PM
Hatchling

Default Defense/Evasion/Resistance??

I've searched the forums for an answer, but still haven't found one, which surprises me a bit.

First off, I'm a mage.
When I look at the Strenght attriubute it tells me the obvious
"This is the main attriubute of warriors". Yeah, I get that, no worries. The second line though..
"Strength helps you to fight warriors." In what way?

Same goes for Dexterity:
"Dexterity is the main attriubute of scouts" - Fine, I know that.
"Dexterity helps you to fight scouts" - No idea how much or in what way.

Looking at warriors/scouts, they have Resistance agains mages in the same way.

My guess is of course that the "helps you fight.." means you take less damage from that class. But the question is: By how much? Does it matter if I have 50 Defense or 250, if I'm a mage. In other words, is it worth putting any gold at all in that, or save it all for my Intelligence, Constitution and Luck (and gear)?

I hope there's an answer out there. If this has been answered in another thread, I apologize, but I just haven't found a note about it anywhere.

.../Fhoosh

Last edited by Fhoosh; 28th June 2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 28th June 2010, 04:08 PM
Farm Hand

You are exactly right - When calculating damage for a warrior, the game takes into account the opponents strength. I believe that the calculation subtracts strength / 2. So, if a warrior's opponent had twice the strength that the warrior had, then damage would be reduced to the minimum. The same goes for mage/int and scout/dex calculations.

When you have extra gold you don't want to hold onto, it's not a bad idea to drop it in those alternate stats. But for the most part stick with your big three.

The Following User Says Thank You to JobyKSU For This Useful Post:
Leander (28th June 2010)
Old 29th June 2010, 06:05 PM
Greenhorn

another question arise now, why do I need also the Armor?
how much the armor influences the defense against your same class opponents, and how much against the other classes opponents?
Old 29th June 2010, 08:12 PM
Mushroom Collector

The way I understand your armor "score" is that it's the percentage that each hit is reduced, and this is for every class.

So if you're a mage, that means the highest damage reduction you can have is -10%. For every 1000k damage that any mage, scout, or warrior could inflict, you would only see 900 of it. For a scout it's -25%, and for a warrior it's -50%. Your stats then help you defend against other classes on top of that damage reduction. So if you were a warrior and you had an 89 resistance to a mage, you would start off with a lower initial damage figure than someone with only 75 resistance to a mage. The damage reduction would be on top of that.

Hopefully that makes sense...and hopefully I've actually got how that works straight. Heh.
Old 29th June 2010, 11:50 PM
Hatchling

From the replies I've got so far, I think I can summarize with this example:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A mage with 800 Intelligence meets a warrior.
The mage has a staff which does 200 avg dmg, meaning 16200 dmg with 800 Intelligence.

Weapon dmg x (1+Intelligence/10)
200 x (1 + 800/10) = 200 x 81 = 16200

So the mage will do 16200 avg dmg on his first hit if he doesn't crit.

However, the warrior has 200 Intelligence, meaning a resistance of 100. 100 is therefore subtracted from the 800 Intelligence of the mage. Because of this, the dmg of the mage's staff is counted as if the mage had only 700 Intelligence, and he will only do 14200 damage.

200 x (1 + 700/10) = 200 x 71 = 14200.

So the mage will hit the warrior for only 14200, instead of 16200 as would be the non-resisted damage stated in the mage's info.

[EDIT to take into account the post below.]
Calculations for Scouts and Warriors are the same, but since it's physical damage, the result as above will be reduced by armor by the percentage stated in the opponents info. So if you end up with a damage of 10000 in the above calculations, your actual damage against a warrior with 50% reduction from armor, will end up at 5000, or 7500 against a scout with 25% reduction from armor, and 9000 against a mage with 10% reduction from armor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this seem accurate?

Last edited by Fhoosh; 13th July 2010 at 12:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fhoosh For This Useful Post:
Leander (30th June 2010)
Old 30th June 2010, 01:36 AM
Farm Hand

Well.... substitute Scout and Dex for Mage and Int, and I think you've got the mechanics just about right.

Mage attacks ignore armor, though. So, you don't have the 50% reduction. Otherwise your calculations seem spot on.

The Following User Says Thank You to JobyKSU For This Useful Post:
Belveder (17th July 2010)