Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 18th December 2018, 07:59 PM
Veteran Epic King

So, you recently increased the Gem Mine level to 25 ... which promotes upgrading the Gem Mine ...

Then, you release a Christmas Update that requires you to search for gems to retrieve a key.

So, anyone who recently started an upgrade of their Gem Mine cannot search for a key until the build is complete.

Slightly Irritating ...

-------

The Underworld Hall of Fame is based on the level of the keeper in case of a tie break (honor)

Then, you release a Christmas Update that opens up to Gold Pit to 200+

What was the point of utilizing the level of the Keeper? Putting emphasis on the Gold Pit takes away focus on the Hall of Fame.

-------

I've put in a proposal to revamp the Hall of Fame for Fortress and Underworld that would promote upgrading Buildings since now the focus is on upgrading the Gem Mine and the Gold Pit

--------
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
#1 Arena Manager in the World
Old 18th December 2018, 08:48 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Please explain as I don't understand your point. Now everyone gets mushrooms from the guild bank but before the change they were lost and nobody got anything. When two players donated 5000 mushrooms they were used for the guild and remained in the guild. If they left and joined a different guild they could NOT take the mushrooms with them. Now you can take something with you. I don't see why you have a disadvantage.

I'll answer your other questions tomorrow, have to talk to the team in order not to post incorrect calculations. I'll also post more details on upgrading the guild. It's already 23:34.
Here's the thing:
When I (or anyone else for this matter) purchased mushrooms, we did so with the intention of having control over what happens with these mushrooms.
This much is obvious and expected.

When a player donated mushrooms into a guild for upgrades before this event they were expecting those mushrooms to go into final stages of improvement, not into having their mushrooms figuratively sucked out from their inventory and transfered to random guild members, who for the most part didn't contribute mushrooms (or at insignificant amounts only) at all.
This puts certain players (like myself) from a stable position, where your contributions are valued, to one, where all your contributions are nullified and you're at a constant risk of having to drop below the "fully upgraded" mark should members of your guild quit the game or leave the guild. Now that my guild members have bascially gotten their personal score maxed out to the point of being unable to transfer more to a different guild, why should they stay in this guild?
They suddenly become a lot more valued compared to members whose personal score does not exceed or equal 20 points and as such will have it a lot easier to just up and go to a different guild, where as with the previous system or a more fair and less 'noble' distribution people would have been a lot more loyal.

Now admittedly, yes, it makes sense to have the contributions on the player as it eg. counteracts massively against dying guilds, but that is NOT the topic I am making arguments against.

Where is the control over my purchase, when those ~130€ - 500€ worth of mushrooms get split up evenly against my will? Exactly! There is none! I've effectively been scammed!

Last edited by Rivale; 18th December 2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 18th December 2018, 09:23 PM
Mushroom Collector

Will we be able to find rare pets during christmas event like last year?
Old 18th December 2018, 09:39 PM
Adventurer

The system also seems to be buggy or atleast i don't get how it turned out like this in this special case:

We helped out a random 2 ppl guild to max out their guild dungeons before the update long ago.

-They upgraded everything till they could w/o shrooms -------> 50-50% bonuses

-50 guild dungeons completed ---> 100-100% bonuses

-and they also upgraded some more with low shroom cost + 6-8%.

We didn't donate anything there (except maxing out 10m gold so they can freely attack later, they were too low lvl to afford donating 10m back then)

All in all we quited the guild after the dungeons were done and the 2 dude continued playing in duo with ~156% gold and exp bonuses.

-------------------------

Now the update went live and both guy having 281 skill points each, (still a duo guild with only 2 guy out of 50) while the guild is on 1000-1000 points and having a maxed out 200-200% bonuses.

It's kinda weird considering the guild had like maybe 80 shrooms donated max before the update or even less and now after the update it's totally maxed out.

Last edited by david4244; 18th December 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 18th December 2018, 09:44 PM
Mushroom Collector

The update is fine. But wasn't Playa planning to chenge the new 100 raids? Because at raid 90's it get's almost impossible to defeat. And the rewards from it are pretty bad to be honest. Not worth the 10k gold we spend.
Old 18th December 2018, 09:44 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivale View Post
This puts certain players (like myself) from a stable position, where your contributions are valued, to one, where all your contributions are nullified and you're at a constant risk of having to drop below the "fully upgraded" mark should members of your guild quit the game or leave the guild.

Where is the control over my purchase, when those ~130€ - 500€ worth of mushrooms get split up evenly against my will? Exactly! There is none! I've effectively been scammed!
First - you do not have to be at the risk of having to lose the status of being "fully upgraded" when someone leaves the guild. It would be enough for every member to have 10 Skillpoints each. If you were in a fully upgraded guild already with 50 members all of them should have 20 or 21 Skillpoints now - so even if 25 members left the guild, you are still fully upgraded.
Also every player is theoretically able to have 500 Skillpoints in each skill and therefore have a fully upgraded guild with only themselves as a member.
So the people who use mushrooms and are willing to use them for the guild, can do so by upgrading their skills and they would still be valued a lot because of doing so. Who would kick a member who has over 100 or even more skillpoints, contributing to the guild?

Quote:
Now that my guild members have bascially gotten their personal score maxed out to the point of being unable to transfer more to a different guild, why should they stay in this guild?
They suddenly become a lot more valued compared to members whose personal score does not exceed or equal 20 points and as such will have it a lot easier to just up and go to a different guild, where as with the previous system or a more fair and less 'noble' distribution people would have been a lot more loyal.
I think players who might only have the 10 skillpoints that the average member needs, should not be in a big disadvantge. I think in the late game most guilds will have core members with a higher amount of skillpoints to secure the "fully upgraded" status. So while I agree, that at the start players with high skill points will probably have it easier to join the top guilds, it is (in the long run) way more important that new members are active, use potions, have well skilled attributes and are high level instead of having many skillpoints.
And although it is long ago that I started to play, I do remember that the players that buy mushrooms also had the advantage to be more easily accepted by the top guilds from the start on. There were guilds you couldnt even join if you didnt do 320 daily. So basically its just like before. But now you can also use mushrooms to contribute by upgrading your skillpoints, that you have not bought but gotten via the wheel of luck for example.

Quote:
I kinda do agree on this one. However I must say that I do not know how they should have done it otherwise. It is not possible to retrace what player has donated what amount of shrooms into which guild. (as far as I know) You donated to reach the status of "fully upgraded" what else could they have done instead of making sure that the guild will keep this status? (and will even keep it, incase half of the members might leave)
Sure doing so ment giving members skillpoints that would have been bought with mushrooms, that these members would not have invested otherwise. But this is just how the new system works.
One might say that only members who spent mushrooms for the upgrades should have gotten the Skillpoints. But there are guilds that are many years old and many members, maybe all members that spent those mushrooms are not active and not in these guild anymore. Who should then have gotten the skillpoints?
I think an evenly distribution was their best choice. Maybe not the fairest one. But I really can not think of a better solution.

And although it is not fair towards the players that spent all the mushrooms for upgrades, not being able to deliver a better solution, should not be a reason to not make an upgrade that has many advantages for players in the future. Especially on new servers where the old system never was in place, so there the mushroom-refunding is no issue.

This update has many advantages. People take points with them, when they change their guild. So their investment now stays with them whereever they go. If this already had been the case there would not have been this problem of how to do a fair refund of the mushrooms that were spent for upgrades. Also this mechanic is good when guilds loose to many active members and you have to go to a new one. Also it prevents a lot of cheating. For example making multiaccounts at serverstart to have them all donate gold and leave the guild afterwards. Now these multis would have to stay in the guild to be of use for the upgrades.

So this is quite a long post I guess... props to everyone who read until here.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:06 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Here's the thing:
When I (or anyone else for this matter) purchased mushrooms, we did so with the intention of having control over what happens with these mushrooms.
This much is obvious and expected.
How many mushrooms did you have in your guild bank? Do you mean that you donated so many although the guild had been already maxed out or that you upgraded the guild with a friend and now the fully upgraded status depends on the loyality of others as players leaving your guild could possibly destroy your guild?

That's why we added 21 skill points instead of 10. If 25 players of 50 leave your guild will still be maxed out.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 18th December 2018, 10:12 PM
Adventurer

Leander if you could also answer to my previous post, would be appreciated.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:19 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by david4244 View Post
Leander if you could also answer to my previous post, would be appreciated.
We have to check this individual case. Please send a support ticket with all required details.

Maybe the two players upgraded the guild after you had left them?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 18th December 2018, 10:27 PM
Veteran Epic King

Leander,

There are certain Guild Leaders who will load the max needed mushrooms into a guild ahead of time and then upgrade as the guild grows. So if the guild was in process of growing, the mushrooms that were there for upcoming growth have now been dispersed, and users may not use the mushrooms to grow the guild and instead use them for personal purposes.

That may be what he was trying to convey.

It was something I had done for my guilds (when starting on a new server), encouraging them to donate more gold instead of gold and mushrooms. This was extremely beneficial for serious non-shroomers.
1st to Gem Mine Level 100 in the World
1st Deep Mine Master in the World
#1 Arena Manager in the World