Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 24th April 2019, 05:49 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gully View Post
Well, on old servers it's the exact same

We are maxed out and we just attack people maxed out without defences, 10 warriors win against maxed walls.

If i need wood/stone i coordinate a big attack w/ a guildmate
exactly, so that excludes you from competition versus players that have no wall and can counter attack among each other with 1 honor to 1 soldier ratio
which means, you are punished for completing fortress content and getting that achievement and getting that ability to proceed with gem mine

the whole thread is about the fact that we should have design that doesn't punish you for progressing, cause the one we have now is absurd and gamebreaking

the defensive features should exist only when there is punishment from getting invaded, right now - there is a reward instead

so if there is a reward instead, those features are pointless and designed badly to say the least, but as long as you can choose 'not to recruit' they remain useless and harmless
the moment other factors, (like Achievement for completing fortress and necessity to do it to proceed with Gem Mine for better Gems required in the other parts of gameplay) force you to develop those harmful features (Fortification, that is "a recruited unit 24/7" whether you want it or not) is the moment game becomes broken, bugged and it needs fixing

the best solution is to finally introduce punishment for getting invaded to make those defensive features sensible (but it seems to me that solution isn't on the cards, cause it was talked about before)

the next best solution is to at least make those harmless to the one that makes them. so we can't have the Wall hurting our ability to gain honor in Fortress HoF.
that solution is either obtained by

a) deleting Counterattack ability, like proposed by a person in this thread
b) mine option 2 proposed in the original post, which is making the Wall a percentage buff scaling the power of Archers and Mages that are already recruited, rather than it being a Unit that fights on its own [that way we maintain a players right to decide not to recruit defenses, despite progressing buildings, like we have with mages and archers and their respective buildings] and we maintain its defensive utility, that seems important to Playa in their detached point of view that says "it's worth it to defend your fortress"
c) introducing honor loss for getting invaded, to channel HoF progress into fights inititated through 5 minutes refreshes, rather than through Counters

Last edited by Bachor Gray; 24th April 2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 24th April 2019, 07:52 PM
Hero

I'm with you man.

On old servers everyone is maxed out, so noone has walls level 0 and the competition is "fair"
Old 24th April 2019, 08:01 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Disabling Wall would solve all of the issues. Should be an option AFTER you have wall level 10.
Old 24th April 2019, 08:12 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
Disabling Wall would solve all of the issues. Should be an option AFTER you have wall level 10.
it is a bit 'unrealistic' from RPG point of view, which is why Playa might not be okay with this. - that might be too goofy, even for SF

I think making it a percentage buff/amplifier to recruited units is more sensible for that reason and serves the same purpose in terms of fixing the issue,
also from RPG point of view it's even more sensible than it is now, after all Wall alone is a tool to be used by defenders and help them rather than 'fight on its own'

Last edited by Bachor Gray; 24th April 2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 24th April 2019, 10:30 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachor Gray View Post
it is a bit 'unrealistic' from RPG point of view, which is why Playa might not be okay with this. - that might be too goofy, even for SF

I think making it a percentage buff/amplifier to recruited units is more sensible for that reason and serves the same purpose in terms of fixing the issue,
also from RPG point of view it's even more sensible than it is now, after all Wall alone is a tool to be used by defenders and help them rather than 'fight on its own'
Yeah, walls are OP.

Nerf pls
Old 24th April 2019, 11:43 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumidee View Post
Yeah, walls are OP.

Nerf pls
that's the beauty of it
that it wouldn't even necessarily be a nerf, merely a displacement of its power :>

anyway - Leander! We need you!

Last edited by Bachor Gray; 25th April 2019 at 09:57 PM.