Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 12th November 2016, 11:28 AM
Epic Hero

Default Disconnect/internet connection speed

There is one really frustrated thing about sfgame - and that´s for people who have very slow internet speed. With low internet speed, it won´t simply permit you to play sfgame - it is almost impossible to connect, unless one has fast internet.
It says " conecting " but it won´t connect. Couldn´t this be changed, so that even people with poor internet speed can properly play this game ?
Old 12th November 2016, 02:59 PM
Farm Hand

im on 4G and i regularly get kicked from the game... but when the bandwidth is used up, im still able to play, when my connection is restricted to 28kbps

yes, i agree the timeout time should be increased a bit, but if it is "impossible" is could be that you haven't yet downloaded the latest patch, which is 100mbs, and does indeed take a while on a very slow connection...
Old 12th November 2016, 05:17 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
There is one really frustrated thing about sfgame - and that´s for people who have very slow internet speed. With low internet speed, it won´t simply permit you to play sfgame - it is almost impossible to connect, unless one has fast internet.
It says " conecting " but it won´t connect. Couldn´t this be changed, so that even people with poor internet speed can properly play this game ?
Only way I can see someone having any issues with connecting because of their internet speed is if they have dial up. If that's the case they have more issues then connecting to the game. Heck I have seen e-commerce sites use more bandwidth to load then S+F.
Old 12th November 2016, 07:18 PM
Epic Hero

It´s simple - i use wifi router at home and some kids live there - imagine if they all watch youtube or download some stuff = very low speed - and then i can barely connect to sfgame. It´s very frustrating.
Old 12th November 2016, 08:23 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
It´s simple - i use wifi router at home and some kids live there - imagine if they all watch youtube or download some stuff = very low speed - and then i can barely connect to sfgame. It´s very frustrating.
That sucks but sounds like you can do a couple things. 1 ask kids to not use big bandwidth sites while you are playing or upgrade to a higher bandwidth package. other then that you may have to work around it as there really isn't much if anyting Playa can do to lessen the data needed to play.
Old 12th November 2016, 10:42 PM
Epic Hero

Well that´s hard when this games requires like few hours or tons of hours when ur playing with beers ( weekend ).
But well, couldn´t playa make a longer time before it resets ? Sfgame doesn´t work like normal pages - unless it reconnects fast, it won´t reconnect at all - i could wait 24 hours with the message " connecting " and nothing would happen - it´s hard to describe, but you get the idea