Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 7th August 2019, 06:46 AM
Hero

Default Decreased power of gems

The last few weeks or so, the gems I have excavated are of significantly lower "power" than previously... Is it just me being unlucky or have someone else the same sensation?
My toon has gained level and the gem mine level is increased too... yet the recent big black gems I have excavated give around 95-98% of the value of those I excavated previously.
Old 7th August 2019, 02:01 PM
Epic King

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasker View Post
The last few weeks or so, the gems I have excavated are of significantly lower "power" than previously... Is it just me being unlucky or have someone else the same sensation?
My toon has gained level and the gem mine level is increased too... yet the recent big black gems I have excavated give around 95-98% of the value of those I excavated previously.
RNG ... trust me
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
Old 7th August 2019, 02:13 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasker View Post
Just bad luck.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 7th August 2019, 04:37 PM
Hero

Good to know. TY... Looking forward seeing my luck turn once again
Old 13th August 2019, 04:01 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Hi
It's my first post on this forum but I'm a moderator of the french forum of the game and I have a good knowledge of the game.

In my search for the formula of gems, I noticed that all the formulas that have been proposed on the various forums do not work for extreme cases (especially at high level of mine). I play mainly on s2.fr, and with the player furaken (which is sometimes in the top 10 of international pantheon) we studied the progression of the stats of the gems according to the level of the mine.
Here is the curve that we found and that explains all the cases we studied:

Furaken was level 531, his guild had 952 knights and he had his level 59 gem mine at the time we speculated the presence of an ln in the formula. Indeed, his best gem was 1131. We used all the formulas that had been suggested on the different forums. We varied the coefficients of the different parameters (player level, mine level and number of knights).

This curve could be confirmed thanks to Strider of s1.us (aka BMWGuiness on this forum: thank you !) with its level 100 gem mine level. For comparison, here are the Strider parameters of s1.us Level 497, Gem Mine 100 and 985 Knights : His best black gem is 1178. It is by seeing the stats of Strider's gems that the presence of ln in the formula has become obvious to us.

We have discovered that the gem stats formula contains a logarithm. Thus the stats given by the gems progress logarithmically (the progression is therefore increasingly weak at each level of mine).

on one side we have : 41 gem level difference, furaken 34 level more and strider with 30 knights more. The difference between the stats of the gems are only 47 which is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited by Enza; 13th August 2019 at 04:46 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Enza For This Useful Post:
Acclamator (15th August 2019), beroun (13th August 2019), BMWGuinness (13th August 2019), Leander (13th August 2019), MoRRiiX (13th August 2019), Pomurnik (13th August 2019), slasker (13th August 2019)
Old 13th August 2019, 04:25 AM
Epic King

Hi Enza, yes I believe this was because they originally intended to limit the gem mine to 50 until they realized I had already surpassed 50. This is very good work!, and explains why Furaken has the highest Luck in the game (for now). I hope to battle him in the IHOF by year's end! My highest gem is 1183 at level 503 with Knights 967 (49 members).
1st to Gem Mine Level 100
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Enza (13th August 2019)
Old 13th August 2019, 04:33 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Hi Enza, yes I believe this was because they originally intended to limit the gem mine to 50 until they realized I had already surpassed 50. This is very good work!, and explains why Furaken has the highest Luck in the game (for now). I hope to battle him in the IHOF by year's end! My highest gem is 1183 at level 503 with Knights 967 (49 members).
Good luck for that ;-)
I boosted my gem mine but when I realize that the stats progression was logarithmic, I choose to take my time (Furaken too) and my

At the beginning the developers said that the max level was infinite (gold mine max level was 225 - Actually gold mine level 100 give the same amount ofgold per hour as the city guard). Maybe, in order to decrease the deviation between players and player without they decided to put a ln in the formula (which is a pretty bad new)

Enza
French forum moderator

Last edited by Enza; 13th August 2019 at 05:10 AM. Reason: add text to message
Old 13th August 2019, 05:12 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

About my own gem parameters : level 470, 966 knights and gem mine level 49. My best black gem is 980 but I can find more : I found some 1515 color gems.
1515/1.5 = 1010. I'm supposed to find 1010 black gem.

Enza
French forum moderator
Old 13th August 2019, 02:39 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

So what is the formula?
Old 13th August 2019, 04:11 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

The formula would look like this :

Color_gem=(player_lvl*0,36*(1+1,5*LN(gem_mine_lvl+1))+Knights/3)
Black_gem=Color_gem/1.5

Maybe the multipliers 0.36, 1.5 and 1/3 should be adjusted.
Do not forget that there is a value range. For me, I find 1484 for color gem and my best color gem is 1515.
(1515-1484)/1484*100 = 2.1%
Developers may have chosen a + -2.5% centered on the value that we can calculate on the formula above.

EDIT : The first formula of this post is only valid for the big gems.

Enza
French forum moderator

Last edited by Enza; 13th August 2019 at 04:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enza For This Useful Post:
Acclamator (15th August 2019), slasker (14th August 2019)