Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 11th July 2020, 06:20 PM
Farm Hand

I usually blame Playa for everything (which still applies and is correct thing to do), but in this case I would not say that it's entirely their fault.

After all, Unity is handling the multi-platform stuff and everything. Usually this stuff takes a long time to find and fix because it does not happen in most cases.
Old 11th July 2020, 07:01 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4ckwoolf View Post
thats true, but leander you know what is true too?
this wouldnt happen if playa tested updates before releasing them, there are no tests no nothing, thats why the game is full of bugs, full of problems of performance etc, because you guys do it, and release to official servers
Moreover Playa knew that the game is heavy af way before the Easter update.

Server backup that every night happens at 4.00am CET used to take no more than 5 minutes back then, when we switched to 3.0 the average maintenance time is around 40 minutes.

I don't believe playa doesn't test at all, but what's for sure is that the tests are not done by some professional devs (that can play the game) or, if i'm wrong, then Playa must not listen to the reports during the tests because it's too late to fix them/they are not able or something like that

I get that it's not easy and solvable in 2 days, but come on, it has been 3 full months. Ofc, nothing compared to some bugs that are still around from 2015, but i hope this problem gets some priority in the queue
The Following User Says Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
bl4ckwoolf (11th July 2020)
Old 11th July 2020, 09:02 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

We do test with different devices, but none of our computers cannot run the game at all. We code new content and fix bugs. The engine is only a tool we get from a different company. Just imagine you get pre-built cars, then attach a laser cannon for your laser game. Suddenly the car doesn't work well anymore...but your task is only to make up rules for the game and attach the cannon, improve the cannon...not the car which is ordered from a different company.

Unity needs screenshots of the dev console showing exact details so they can find what causes the slowdown.

I will post instructions what to send on Monday. We will forward everything to Unity and hopefully, a solution can be found quickly.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
bl4ckwoolf (12th July 2020)
Old 11th July 2020, 09:08 PM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post

I will post instructions what to send on Monday. We will forward everything to Unity and hopefully, a solution can be found quickly.
That's what the community wanted to hear 3 months ago, i'm really happy that this is getting somewhere

Thank you Leander for not stopping reporting this problem and making our voice heard!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
bl4ckwoolf (12th July 2020), Paus Nefzen (12th July 2020), slasker (12th July 2020), Strider (12th July 2020)
Old 13th July 2020, 06:12 AM
Mushroom Collector

Could some of the problem be in the Arena Managers EXTREME numbers? I guess the huge numbers in the manager is also the reason we can't have a +1000 button, due to memory size is too large to handle the calculation for 1000 points, or something like that.
Old 13th July 2020, 11:51 AM
Farm Hand

Haha no, these numbers are relatively small and there is nothing really going on with them in the game, no heavy calculations or anything.

The reason for not having 1000 button is in the stars ... you can easily cache all the prices (including the 1000 ones) in a tiny 8M bytes.
The Following User Says Thank You to mar21 For This Useful Post:
PziCrow (13th July 2020)
Old 13th July 2020, 10:24 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Here are the instructions how to create the log for Unity:

1) Open your device manager, find your graphics card and write down the full name.

Also write down your hardware specs including your processor, Ram, OS (Windows, Mac) and browser.

2a) Chrome: open a new empty (!) tab, click the three dots, then more tools -> developer tools.

Click the console tab.

Then your server in the URL field.

When the game has loaded or failed loading, right-click under the list of errors/text and select "save as".

Send your

2b) Firefox: open a new empty tab, click the three lines -> Web devs -> Web console OR press control+shift+K.
Then enter your server URL.

Export the notifications as a file and remember the folder.

3) Send your hardware specs (written down in 1) and your browser file to leander@playa-support.com

Subject: Browser log for Unity

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Gully (14th July 2020)
Old 14th July 2020, 07:39 PM
Mighty Hero

Okay sent you the email, hope a lot of other people will do the same
The Following User Says Thank You to Gully For This Useful Post:
Leander (14th July 2020)
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Mighty Hero