Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 12th December 2018, 06:20 PM
Hatchling

Default Can’t decide between mage and scout

Hey everyone!

I’m new to the game and I’m still struggling to find the right class for me.

I played as each class a little bit, until level 10-15 and I found mage and scout the most fun. However, I have a hard time deciding which one should I go with.

I do plan on using mushrooms so I’d like to focus on one class at the moment.

I read that scouts are better at dungeons and mages are good at PvP, but I do like both. I don’t want to struggle with dungeons and as far as I know you earn more honor through the arena so I want a strong PvP class as well.

I have two questions, that someone with better game knowledge might be able to help me with.

1.) When it comes to the late game, where everyone has 50% crit chance, is there a class that’s better at dungeons and the arena?

2.) Usually I see mages at the top ranks of the Hall of Fame. Is it because mages are better at pvp? Is it because those players use more mushrooms to progress faster? If not, what generally decides the Hall of Fame rank, purely arena fights or dungeons as well?

Lastly, if you have any personal experience with either or both class, feel free to share them. Thank you!
Old 12th December 2018, 07:24 PM
Epic Hero

Scout is the best class, every single player can tell you that If you want to spice up things a bit, choose assassin (since is harder than scout but equally good, I'd say).

About late game, scout is still the one that clears dungeons faster because of its 50% dodge chance. The only true scout's enemy is mages (talking in dungeons), but since mage is the least used monster in the game dungeons, you won't see this that often.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOr you can be different and just pick warrior XD (but don't pick battlemage, is complete trash)
Old 12th December 2018, 10:30 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Just to add a little bit.

In PvP all classes are balanced.

Warriors and Assassins have more items = more expensive in shrooms for hardcore play.
Old 12th December 2018, 11:54 PM
Farm Hand

As mentioned above, all classes are created equally in terms of PvP so it is up to you to make a strong character and climb the HoF easily. However, the fact that the dungeons are filled with warrior and scout monsters means that scouts are able to complete them faster because of the evasion.
I have played both classes reaching level 340 with my mage and now being at level 337 with my scout. I can confirm that the main difference is in the dungeons because my scout is miles ahead compared to my mage in dungeon progression.
However, to be honest, I cannot decide which class is more fun to play with, they are both pretty equal in my opinion.
Old 13th December 2018, 09:26 AM
Weekend Hero

As already mentioned the scout is able to clear dungeons faster (with enough shrooms) and therefore he has a higher level which leads to more gold and higher statts...

In terms of general fighting strength all classes are balanced.

Just to give you some more input, here is the current situation in the international hall of fame, where you can see that the highest accounts in all of s&f are warriors
Old 13th December 2018, 10:27 AM
Mighty Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclamator View Post
Just to give you some more input, here is the current situation in the international hall of fame, where you can see that the highest accounts in all of s&f are warriors
That's just because back at the time there were way more warrior than other classes due to the popularity of many others mmorpg
Old 13th December 2018, 10:52 AM
Weekend Hero

Well I know that it's not because they know something that we don't which makes warrior the best class..., but I guess it shows that warrior is playable and can compete with scouts even though they have a big lead in level at the beginning.
Some even say that warrior is the best late game class, but from my point of view it's pretty much equal, especially in the lategame.
Old 14th December 2018, 02:41 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Actually if you build a warrior good it can beat out a scout or mage on a regular basis in PvP but yeah both tend to clear dungeons quicker.

want a fun challenge pick a warrior.

want easy then a scout.
Old 14th December 2018, 02:03 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Where can you see the international ranking? Because i can't find it.
Old 14th December 2018, 02:55 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

2.0: mail -> international hall of fame
3.0: click the hall of fame button twice to display the international hall of fame

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
DreamVirus (14th December 2018)