Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 7th February 2021, 03:55 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum
Default New events and update thoughts

As for the events update some nice looks and update for the events. I have no complaints on this part of the update.

As for the new look to the gems Yuck. Basiclly looks like someone blew up the images to big and look as if they were all pixelated and someone tried to do a bad photoshop to get rid of the pixelation. Also makes it a little harder to tell if a gem is the small of medium sized gems.

one out of 2 thumbs up if only visual update to events. would be 2 thumbs up if added events which I didnt see was the case in the announcement thread.

As for gems 2 thumbs down.
Any fixes cool if there was ppl experiencing them.
Old 7th February 2021, 11:05 PM
Greenhorn

It's Monday and the XP event is still on and running? Wtf, I've thought it only goes at Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Old 7th February 2021, 11:57 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
As for the new look to the gems Yuck. Basiclly looks like someone blew up the images to big and look as if they were all pixelated and someone tried to do a bad photoshop to get rid of the pixelation. Also makes it a little harder to tell if a gem is the small of medium sized gems.
Way ahead of you man, I already contacted support, Leander said, quote:
"There was a bug that loaded small gems in the SD version. Now we fixed it and they are big again (they are supposed to look that big)."

I stayed away from the HD version on purpose as it had those bloated up gems, but now we have no choice, we get them no matter if we want them or not and if we use HD or SD version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyoshirofan For This Useful Post:
Bortas (8th February 2021)
Old 8th February 2021, 08:59 AM
Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvioSpas View Post
It's Monday and the XP event is still on and running? Wtf, I've thought it only goes at Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
it is a surprise, but a welcome one
The Following User Says Thank You to TFO For This Useful Post:
SilvioSpas (8th February 2021)
Old 8th February 2021, 11:05 AM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Due to a server offset bug the weekend event is still live (and we decided to let it run the whole day until midnight). We updated all servers with a fix so the event will expire at midnight.

Moreover, hourglasses do not have a sales value anymore and we fixed another very rare bug with hourglasses that became broken items in the inventory.

@bobo baggins In the SD (non-HD version) of the game, the gems were too small due to a bug. We fixed it and now they look like they are supposed to be.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
SilvioSpas (8th February 2021), TFO (8th February 2021)
Old 9th February 2021, 09:12 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

AAAAaaah! The gems are getting bigger! Soon they'll break the boxes they're in! Then nothing will stop them!

Funny thing, that one. I once had them that big, like a year ago. But only for a day. So I thought *that* was the bug. What an irony.

As for the new form of the xp event, well, it's... adequate. When you called the old ones obsolete, I expected the new events to be a bit more bombastic . I will now assume that the gold one merely extends the gold bonus to mine and guard and maybe selling items. However I am excited to see what you thought of for the new epic and forest rarities events and... uh, tidy toilet time. For some reason I now feel like I should buy some duck-shaped cleaning products.

But yea, it's nice we're up to date now and all the xp-producing endeavours count.

I like the logic of getting extra hourglasses when going to sandy regions! But surely, there's enough sand in the desert for more than one hourglass (unless that can happen and I was just unlucky).

Last edited by Katara Zaxelzi; 9th February 2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 20th February 2021, 12:22 AM
Hatchling

I'm just hoping for the souls event to arrive(and tidy toilet, 22 strawberries waiting for my new pet lol) because few more days and I'm going to have a shortage of them, extractor and souls from fights won't keep up with the cost of buildings and upping the keeper, I also thought that we could get a calendar of upcoming events with the description attached so we can prepare for them accordingly.
Old 21st February 2021, 07:23 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Time for another piece of wonderful waste-of-time waffling! This time it's a twofer because uh, time-related matters.

So, the last week:
Epic Shopping Spree Extravaganza - fairly, ok, nothing changed, who would complain? Maybe add a slightly higher chance for epics to drop in the dungeons, other than that it's fine.

Forge Frenzcy Festival - now this! This is the greatest! The best invention since ceiling fans (the version that doesn't explode). It's become a problem in the past (especially with the two legendary events ), with my improbably inconvenient luck, that I got three or four weapons rich in crystal content in a day and then spent a week trying to get rid of them because new items kept popping up and the blacksmith limit was too low. This is a great solution that helps moderate the item overflow and allows for GLORIOUS HOARDING GLUTTONY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. Well, in a measured way, but still. Great. Thumbs up. Next beer's on me.
(Also the material part of forest rarities got moved here, just to note. No strong feelings, extra crystals are always nice.)

As for this week:
Glorious Gold Galore - yep, gold. As I expected, we got our gold sources updated for the event. Though I'd argue we could use a bit more gold from the gold mine. Like, 100 % extra instead of 50 %. It's not that much.

Fantastic Fortress Festivity - ok, the other half of forest rarities got moved here. Still alright. It's actually a bit hard for me to judge this event considering my fortress is finished, but the halved training times mean more attacks which means more resources so that sounds very useful.
Only big gems dropping now, that is great. (If only I dropped something else than red ones!)

So, what's next? The spectre of toilets still looms, but I hope the other half will be mushroom related. Who knows.

Katara out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katara Zaxelzi For This Useful Post:
Leander (22nd February 2021), SilvioSpas (24th February 2021), xFee (21st February 2021)
Old 22nd February 2021, 03:36 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Thanks for your feedback!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:27 PM
Greenhorn

I think this was the best event combination so far, moreover almost perfect. The one thing is, pls remove the gold cap at least only the duration for the event. I got the same 16,5M gold from the 2-3 minutes quest and from the 10 minutes too, which is bad, when you got the latter one offers only.
Suggestion: remove the cap or increase it and lvl 475+ players like me can enjoy it totally too!
Maybe some more gold from Underworld Pit as well. +50% barely noticable, let it be +100%.
Dice Game and Wheel of Fortune was totally okay for me.

The fortress festival part of event was the best so far! I got 7 Big Black Gems from it and i'm (usually) f2p, so didnt skip any mining.
The visual was so good too! I liked the Thanos Glove in the Tavern and balloons in the Fortress

I am a member of the SF discord channel and voted 5/5 stars for Fortress and 4 stars for Gold!
I like the xp and hourglass event too that was my 2nd favourite so far.
Only epic + crystal event was weak and it got bad raitings from the other members of community. I hope Playa will buff it! (Bigger chances for epic and more crystals for higher level players.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Csabior For This Useful Post:
napoli777 (23rd February 2021)