Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 26th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum
Default Question about mushrooms....

I just noticed that in the US servers, if you buy with credit card, you are given the choice to get 2.500 mushrooms for 100$ (or 64.5pounds).... Here in UK we get 1.300 mushrooms for 50pounds....

to make it even simpler:

US servers: 1 pound = 38,75 mushrooms.
UK servers: 1 pound = 26 mushrooms.

Edit: I just checked out German servers (euro) as well: 1 pound = 38,46 mushrooms (or if you prefer 100euros = 3.000 mushrooms)

And playa still wonders why UK servers are dead? I mean what the heck...? I can understand a small difference due to currencies and different companies handling the payments (like US = 1 pound is 38,75 shrooms, German= 1 pound is 38,46 shrooms), but UK you almost pay double price to get the same amount as the US servers.... Don't playa think this is a little unfair for us in the UK?

I was afraid to post this thing in the forum realising i might make even more people stop playing in the UK, but this is outrageous.... Even I consider stop playing here and moving on to another country's server....

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 26th July 2012 at 02:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
Abbandon (26th July 2012)
Old 26th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Holy CRAP!... that's totally insane!

So typical though... everyone seems to think that we are loaded in the UK. We always get ripped of (Games, Ipad's and even apps in the app store).

Come on Playa Game's you are a bunch of thieves!!

I agree with you Baldur... after this why would anyone want to buy shrooms on this server????

Pity i didn't know about this sooner... i would have started a character on a US server ages ago.

Old 26th July 2012, 06:26 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbandon View Post
So typical though... everyone seems to think that we are loaded in the UK. We always get ripped of (Games, Ipad's and even apps in the app store).
the problem is that i am from Greece though.... (and i bet a lot of other people who play here are not from UK either... this is an international server)

also in order to make is simpler for someone to understand what difference we are talking about,

If i buy 100 pounds of mushrooms in UK server, i will get 2.600 mushrooms while:
the US player will get 3.875 mushrooms and
the Euro-player will get 3.846 mushrooms.....

that cant be only from taxes....

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 26th July 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 26th July 2012, 07:38 PM
Community Manager

It also depends on the companies we work with...they have different payment options with different a different range. Moreover, we cannot offer the same mushroom packs for all servers. It also depends on the payment services.

But I will ask how everything is calculated.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 26th July 2012, 08:07 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
It also depends on the companies we work with...they have different payment options with different a different range. Moreover, we cannot offer the same mushroom packs for all servers. It also depends on the payment services.

Ye i guessed that the "median" company was to blame, as i also said in the US forums... "we are talking about some serious differences.... i cant see how that difference can come up from taxes.... it seems more like the company who handles the payment in UK is seriously expensive both to Playa and to gamers as well....."

Maybe playa needs to find a better offer from a cheaper company if they want UK to flourish....
Old 27th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Weekend Hero

Quote:
I am very curious about the verdict then. Its one of the first things i noticed on uk sf that the mushrooms are all different to buy. Buying 3600 mushrooms in 1 time is what most people i know do (dutch site).
Old 28th July 2012, 10:44 AM
Community Manager

Here is their reply:

1350 = 49.99 pounds = 64 € = 0,047 €/mushroom
1000 = 49,99 Dollar = 40 € = 0.04 €/mushroom

The mushrooms for the UK servers are not more expensive. However, the US servers offer bigger packs with a higher amount of mushrooms per order. Big packs usually get a discount...and then the mushrooms are cheaper because of the discount.

Playa are likely to add bigger packs to all UK servers, too...they say...but after the Gamesconvention.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
GeorgeKen (29th July 2012)
Old 29th July 2012, 12:44 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Big packs usually get a discount...and then the mushrooms are cheaper because of the discount.
yes that is true and pretty much sums up why such a huge difference exists.... its true that the difference in prices is because i was trying to compare the two prices based on the biggest offer available, forgetting that the more shrooms you buy the more they offer you as a bonus... and since you can spend 100$ in US, its logical to get more shrooms as bonus....

thats quite nice to know, and yes it didn't cross my mind... Thanks for the reply....

One more question by the way...: When is this convention happening?

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 29th July 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 29th July 2012, 03:34 AM
Mighty Hero

yeah, for a simple big pack of 1620 mushrooms for 49.99 whatever that currency is, AFTER conversion costs me i think 70 bucks last time i did it.

There needs to be a way, that instead of us purchasing the mushrooms from whatever server's country we are in, we can purchase mushrooms from our HOME country, regardless of whatever server we are on. For example. Im in the USA, therefore i should be able to buy a digital product (ie mushrooms), on the US dollar at the US dollar rate, instead of having to do the conversions and buy them there. Same with Greece, UK, (insert country here)
The Following User Says Thank You to Knytul For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (29th July 2012)
Old 29th July 2012, 11:09 PM
Epic Raid Leader

we are actually buying in almost the same price after all Knytul, the only difference is that in US and other countries they are able to buy bigger packs and thus they get better deals because of it.... but hopefully they will introduce bigger packs (and thus better bargains) to UK as well