Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 11th May 2018, 03:51 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1234 View Post
unlucky but don't forget light pets are better vs shadow
Yeah, I did read about it. In patch notes, when pets were coming out. Still, zero idea what it actually means other than everybody repeating it like if they say it enough times it will come true.

Increase damage taken/received? Decrease crit chance? Increase dodge chance? Class placement in elements? Easter bunny?

There's a line between "unlucky", "better vs" and I feel like 50 levels are crossing that line to the point that the system is pointless and poorly designed. I could understand the "better vs" argument in 5-10 level difference, and while not exactly agree - accept it.

The issue here is that 1 vs 50 doesn't mean the same as 100 vs 150 or 125 vs 175. They failed at scaling, probably to make it less "last pet kills all everytime" which it still is and was even before. In turn, the issue with that is... feeding is less effective and has a smaller impact, thus any progress you make or way you try to develop feels unrewarding.

kečup
Where did you found that number/information? If it's true then at least now I know (wish it would be easier to found, but hey). Still, they point stands - 5% isn't something that should make difference in scale of 50levels.

Last edited by Leslie Dunn12; 11th May 2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11th May 2018, 02:53 PM
Adventurer

worse element has decreased dmg by 5%
Old 11th May 2018, 06:53 PM
Greenhorn

U have Gladiator lvl 15?
i say unlucky couz after a long serie of miss first pet score an hit will kill opponent an that is the main problem.
Old 11th May 2018, 08:36 PM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1234 View Post
U have Gladiator lvl 15?
i say unlucky couz after a long serie of miss first pet score an hit will kill opponent an that is the main problem.
Yes, it's at 15 - no idea about the other guy for obvious reasons. The point here is, the system was broken by those two updates and they can't admit it for some reason. If unlucky and lucky play the main role in those fights then engaging with the system has no point. Luck, elemental advantage, and class should play role in the fight and dictate the outcome but to the certain point. If I lose with a pet on the same level - that's fine. If I lose with a weaker (5-10) that's unlucky, but still somewhat fine. If I lose with 50, then there's a problem.

And yes, this was an unlucky battle, but the point is that the system that allows fights like that is flawed. You can call it bad luck - I call it bad design. Assuming that you would beat level 200 pet with a level 1 pet - that also would be unlucky, highly. Yet I don't think anyone would be fine with it. I'm just not fine with 50, that's where I draw the line.

Last edited by Leslie Dunn12; 11th May 2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12th May 2018, 04:38 PM
Weekend Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Of course (level 386)! I just don't complain about everything. With RNG a lot can happen in the game. Just play a scout and fight in a dungeon. Sometimes the enemy only has 10% health left, sometimes still 90%, depending how often you dodge, how often you crit. etc. and how often he is lucky. Pet fights are the same.I understand that the pet system might annoy some of you but still Playa decided to implement them this way.

There's a certain range for pet fights, guild fights and arena PvP as well. 30 ranks are not much in the game. We must have a big range in order to match a variety of opponents with everyone and you don't fight against the same 5 players all the time.
Of course, and I understand and agree with you, however in my server (opened since 2010), 30 ranks in pet hall of fame equals to 10 000 honor difference. That's huge! That would make sense on an international server, where everybody started at the same time, but in some old servers things get messed up
Old 7th August 2018, 10:04 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Just to reflect once more on this problems...

Pets would be perfectly balanced if Playa implemented them in the way that you have to level them from first pet to last. So you can't feed net pet in line until first one is max level.