Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area > Off Topic

Notices

Old 16th June 2010, 05:33 PM
Farm Hand

After witnessing the last-second goal by New Zealand to grab a point, I will officially alter my opinion that ties are never exciting.

The lack of emotion and excitement following the US/England tie still stands, though.

I like the way that the NHL does it - a tie at the end of regulation and you both get a point. You can then go into overtime to compete for one additional point to the victor. If there are no goals during the overtime, then it is recorded as a tie.

Either way - nice header, Kiwi!

Old 17th June 2010, 05:53 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

Cashew Players aren't allowed to take off their shirt anymore. They may only pull it over the head for a moment but don't take it completely off. If they do they get a yellow card.

However, the goods news is that some players don't care if a goal is really important and a yellow card doesn't hurt the team (e.g. in the final).

Joby There are no ties in the "playoffs". First, there are groups of four with ties possible. Second, the best teams advance to the playoffs and compete with knock-out rules: one game, the winner advances again. If the game is tied after 90 minutes, another 30 minutes (2x15 minutes) are played. If the game is still tied, the winner will be determined by a penalty shootout.

Some years ago, they had the golden goal-rule, which said that the overtime ends as soon as one goal has been scored. They changed the rule though...and the whole 30 minutes of overtime must be played no matter if one or more goals have been scored in overtime.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Old 17th June 2010, 07:55 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Cashew Players aren't allowed to take off their shirt anymore. They may only pull it over the head for a moment but don't take it completely off. If they do they get a yellow card.

However, the goods news is that some players don't care if a goal is really important and a yellow card doesn't hurt the team (e.g. in the final).
WTF!?!?! They just ruined soccer for me. Men taking their shirts off was the best part of the game! This just totally ruins my day :g:

One of my "guay's" upsetted South Africa yesterday, apparently. And I'm pretty sure it was Uruguay, but I'm too lazy to check. The South Korea vs Argentina (?) game today I hear is supposed to be intense...
Old 17th June 2010, 08:00 PM
Community Manager

Ha, men are said to be sexist but you are too, Cashew. But I must admit that I sometimes watch women's soccer not because of the game itself but the ladies.

South Africa lost 0-3. Their goalkeeper was ejected plus a penalty shot was given. Lots of fans left the stadium early.

Argentina won 4-1 against South Korea. The kick-off was five hours ago.

Now I'm watching France-Mexico. I saw one Mexican fan wear some sort of Rey Mysterio mask.

Old 17th June 2010, 08:45 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Ha, men are said to be sexist but you are too, Cashew. But I must admit that I sometimes watch women's soccer not because of the game itself but the ladies.

South Africa lost 0-3. Their goalkeeper was ejected plus a penalty shot was given. Lots of fans left the stadium early.

Argentina won 4-1 against South Korea. The kick-off was five hours ago.

Now I'm watching France-Mexico. I saw one Mexican fan wear some sort of Rey Mysterio mask.
Hey, if a guy's got a washboard under his shirt, he should either let me stare or do my laundry on it. It shouldn't be hidden! And if you want to watch a sport for the female attractiveness, go nuts! Why do you think there are so many male spectators at swim meets?

I don't know when these kick-off game times are. Geez. You're lucky I even remember that the World Cup is in South Africa, which is in a different time zone! I'm sure my lab-mate will be happy that Argentina won. I'm not entirely sure why he cheers for them, but he does.

I hope Mexico drowns the French team with nacho cheese :g:
Old 19th June 2010, 12:16 AM
Farm Hand

Refereeing like we saw today in the Germany game and US game - that's not going to help convince anyone in the US to be football fans.

Old 21st June 2010, 01:30 PM
Community Manager

Yesterday's goal was horrible, too. Hands twice...by Brazil's striker.

There should be video analysis...some situations are hard to tell, the referees are only human and not perfect and they cannot see everything...or they make mistakes. A goal changes the game drastically so the referees simply cannot overlook things, give goals that were offside or eject players although they did not do anything. Crucial mistakes happen too often. Each sport uses video analysis except for soccer. They always claim that it slows the gameplay down but it's better this way than having unfair results every now and then.

e.g. France would not have qualified for the World Cup if they used video analysis. Henry's goal was a hands...still it counted and France qualified for the World Cup (without the goal, they wouldn't have made it).

Old 21st June 2010, 04:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

I Feel so outa the loop , i dont watch soccer ( football ) :O
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:31 PM
Community Manager

Boooooo...red card not given...but two wrong red cards given in other games. It´s terrible and sad.