Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 5th December 2015, 05:07 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Cool Mushroom Statistics

I just bought shrooms a few weeks ago and keep thinking hmm they going away fast.
Let's calculate how much pay to win this game is

Ok, you with me until now? Hope i didnt do any major mistake.

Now we know, we need 384 Mushrooms every Month.
Maybe we get lucky and get some additional Shrooms: +3 per Day from Quests and +9 per month from wheel of fortune.

Then we still have to buy 3420 Shrooms per year.
That's a minimum of 7,92 € per month - when buying the 3600 shroom package once per year. You need to play 5 hours 12 minutes every day.
Remember, not a single mushroom harmed for Happy Hour or other fancy things!

If you got time for happy hour only but still want to play 320 daily, you spend another 11.520 Shrooms per year - if you do only 10 minute quests.
Now you are paying 34,58 € every month
Bageera @ W1
Old 5th December 2015, 01:20 PM
Hero

Yeah it really is pay to win. On our server people have got to level 200 in just 2 months. In 2 months I got to level 85.
Old 8th December 2015, 01:34 PM
Community Manager

I don't see a problem here. How can the term "pay to win" be applied to Shakes & Fidget? When do you "win" or "lose"? It's obvious that you cannot be in the top 10 or top 100 if you do not buy mushrooms but all others do. If it was possible buying mushrooms would not make sense.

It is possible to be among the highest players after a year or more with dedication. If you play daily you will be better than players who buy mushrooms but quit after some weeks or months. There are several examples of high characters globally that never bought mushrooms.

Shakes & Fidget is free to play. You can play the entire game with all its features and functions completely for free. Of course players who buy mushrooms must have an advantage: they can level up faster and do more quests in a shorter period of time.

There are a lot of free to play titles out there and they either use the same free to play system or limit you by excluding you from certain gameplay features. Playa is more fair than other companies as you can really play the whole game without spending a single € at all.

Don't forget that Playa is a company that does not have any income from non-shroomers and there are no ads just like in other games. It needs shroomers to be able to create and update games, pay employees and servers etc.
It's a matter of fact that shroomers are needed to fund the game and as a consequence shroomers need to have an advantage over non-shroomers. That's business.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 8th December 2015, 02:01 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

Only problem is to donate mushrooms on guild (why I decided to be a guild leader^^)

As for game itself.... 2 screenshots will say everything.

Old 8th December 2015, 06:18 PM
Epic Raid Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageera View Post
If you got time for happy hour only but still want to play 320 daily, you spend another 11.520 Shrooms per year - if you do only 10 minute quests.
Now you are paying 34,58 € every month

Ehm... this is not how the game is meant to be played. What you say is a total waste of mushrooms, not what the game requires you to do to be top. With this mentality, you could count thousands of mushrooms daily by refreshing shops for epics. You could donate endlessly mushrooms in your guild, even if there is no use for them. There are countless of ways to waste money, that doesn't mean the game is forcing you to pay to win.

Other than that, I don't know any games parallel to this that don't do the same thing. Some even charge you monthly subscription just to play. I think S&F is more than balanced compared to other games as far as the currencies you can buy with real money are concerned.
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 9th December 2015, 02:03 AM
Golden Shroomer

Pay to play or free to play in shakes and fidget. Well I have done both s9 US I never bought a shroom ever when I finally retired on that server I was ranked 27th. s10 US I am currently ranked 8th I shroomed for 4 months only.

this being said yes if you at the little picture pay to play is the way to go but over the long haul a non shroomer can go a long way in this game.

I play another game (which cant be named) but to be in top 100 you have to play like 12 hours a day or spend hundreds even thousands of dollars a week. Yes I said thousands a week. here to pay to play cn be as cheap as 25-30 dollars a month. also you can get free shrooms from quests. also 1 free shroom guaranteed from first quest. shroom event once every 4 weeks(unless a shroom sale messes with the event)
Old 9th December 2015, 09:11 AM
Toy Bow Toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I don't see a problem here .... That's business.
Hey all, i'm sorry if i was not clear enough =) I don't see it as a problem either, just wanted to calculate how much it does need to stay competitive.

It's everyone's personal choice to buy shrooms or not. Based on this you now know how much does it cost depending on your playstyle.
Even non-shroomers should get something out of it when choosing if they should buy the 50% mount or spare shrooms for xp weekend.
Bageera @ W1
The Following User Says Thank You to Bageera For This Useful Post:
Leander (9th December 2015)
Old 10th December 2015, 07:47 PM
Greenhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I don't see a problem here. How can the term "pay to win" be applied to Shakes & Fidget? When do you "win" or "lose"? It's obvious that you cannot be in the top 10 or top 100 if you do not buy mushrooms but all others do. If it was possible buying mushrooms would not make sense.

It is possible to be among the highest players after a year or more with dedication. If you play daily you will be better than players who buy mushrooms but quit after some weeks or months. There are several examples of high characters globally that never bought mushrooms.

Shakes & Fidget is free to play. You can play the entire game with all its features and functions completely for free. Of course players who buy mushrooms must have an advantage: they can level up faster and do more quests in a shorter period of time.

There are a lot of free to play titles out there and they either use the same free to play system or limit you by excluding you from certain gameplay features. Playa is more fair than other companies as you can really play the whole game without spending a single € at all.

Don't forget that Playa is a company that does not have any income from non-shroomers and there are no ads just like in other games. It needs shroomers to be able to create and update games, pay employees and servers etc.
It's a matter of fact that shroomers are needed to fund the game and as a consequence shroomers need to have an advantage over non-shroomers. That's business.
I become on my server {s3} in 10 mounth of playing a top player.
Standing on place 10 in honor and on place 1 in the fortres ranking.
So yes it is possible.
And yes i used mushrooms.
And yes i spend 1000 mushrooms or more to get an upgrade in 1 sec.
But i dont mind i play like this and iam happy with that.