Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 8th April 2016, 11:03 PM
Epic Hero

Default Fortress - unfair and senseless mechanics.

Fortress has some really horrible mechanics that can be abused and are very unfair towards some player.

1) When someone attacks you and loot your fortress, you have 24 hours protection.Thatīs fine,however recently i found that if anyone attacks you Again during those 24 hours protection, the protection actually refreshes = your fortress cannot ever be looted as long as you will lose defense in fortress at least once.What does it mean ? That it is better not to make any walls and defenses and your fortress is basicly protected and others wont have any loot from you. Itīs basicly abusing bad mechanics.
Solution :It should work that you get 24 hours protection that wont be refreshed.That would solved the issue.

2) When attacking players, you are only able to attack like idk +- 80 players near your position in hall of fame. This is very unfair that if one wont attack other player, he will remain down in hall of fame and nobody will be able to actually attack them = no need to really make any defenses, as all other players near you are too weak to pose any threat = huge abuse of bad mechanics.
Solution : To attack players would be based on your level of fortress and of your oponents. You would be able to see oponents randomly with +- 2 level of your fortress.This way, nobody will be able to hide in hall of fame and there would be higher variety of players to attack.
Itīs kinda boring to be able to attack like +- only 80 players, and this would solved it well.

3) There is one very easily abuseable mechanic, but i wont talk about it so that other people wont do it.If mod is interested, i can pm it to him.

Changing some of these mechanics could bring more fun to fortress and making it a bit more fair to players.
Old 9th April 2016, 02:26 AM
Epic Raid Leader

Gilde: UK forum

1)I don't agree with what you say, cause your suggestion makes the 24h pretty useless. Protection does not make the lootable quantities 0, just much less. Whoever attacks (to refresh your protection as you say) still loots stuff from you.

2)I agree that the fortress arena mechanism needs fixing, although i am not sure if what you suggest would really solve the "hiding" problem

3)I'd be very interested to listen to what you think is abuseable mechanic, many things have been suggested in the past as "abuse" but were actually working as intended.
Born: 15/9/10
Forum Moderator: 16/4/13
Old 9th April 2016, 03:37 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
Fortress has some really horrible mechanics that can be abused and are very unfair towards some player.

1) When someone attacks you and loot your fortress, you have 24 hours protection.Thatīs fine,however recently i found that if anyone attacks you Again during those 24 hours protection, the protection actually refreshes = your fortress cannot ever be looted as long as you will lose defense in fortress at least once.What does it mean ? That it is better not to make any walls and defenses and your fortress is basicly protected and others wont have any loot from you. Itīs basicly abusing bad mechanics.
Solution :It should work that you get 24 hours protection that wont be refreshed.That would solved the issue.

2) When attacking players, you are only able to attack like idk +- 80 players near your position in hall of fame. This is very unfair that if one wont attack other player, he will remain down in hall of fame and nobody will be able to actually attack them = no need to really make any defenses, as all other players near you are too weak to pose any threat = huge abuse of bad mechanics.
Solution : To attack players would be based on your level of fortress and of your oponents. You would be able to see oponents randomly with +- 2 level of your fortress.This way, nobody will be able to hide in hall of fame and there would be higher variety of players to attack.
Itīs kinda boring to be able to attack like +- only 80 players, and this would solved it well.

oh as for the
3) There is one very easily abuseable mechanic, but i wont talk about it so that other people wont do it.If mod is interested, i can pm it to him.

Changing some of these mechanics could bring more fun to fortress and making it a bit more fair to players.
1) yeah that is good that it resets it to 24 if looted again as it gives the players a chance to try and rebuild some sort of defense without losing to much of their resources.
2)As for the range of players there is a reason for that say u are a top 20 player and u were to attack a say some under the rank of 300 for 1 it is unfair as that player has most likely a way lower fortress lvl and 2 is also out of range for u to get any loot. Also for those that don't attack others of course their ranking will be lower again you play your way which is attacking others so why should someone who plays differently (doesn't attack others) have to deal with how someone else plays because they want even a more range of players to attack. be happy with the range of players you do have to attack.
I know arena and fortress are different but in some way they r the same. in arena do u attack someone outside honor range if not using the arena button for exp. also u wouldn't use arena button and would use HoF to pick players to attack to earn honor once those 10 attacks r done. but u have a certain honor range below u that u can attack to earn honor. Funny nvr once in the 5+ years I have been playing have I heard anyone complain abt the range not being fair. for guild battles yes but not for arena which is basicly what fortress is but with troops not our toons.

Long story short arena with Honor range for honor and gold for most players is less then 80 players that you would attack for said honor and gold.

here is a suggestion for a change to who u can attack give a list of say anyone 100 honor points below you can earn loot from and everyone above you. u can attack anyone of them 1 time a day now this is 1 time each for each player on that list. You can who to attack when. but here is the kicker u can see wall lvl and troop lvl but u cant see how many troops they have if any. but the bar of how many troops that u select to send still works the same.

oh as for the part u wont said PM it to me I will see if it is suppose to work that way, is a bug or is abuse.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 9th April 2016 at 03:39 AM.
Old 9th April 2016, 11:33 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
1)I don't agree with what you say, cause your suggestion makes the 24h pretty useless. Protection does not make the lootable quantities 0, just much less. Whoever attacks (to refresh your protection as you say) still loots stuff from you.
But they loot well, basicly Nothing - there is no need to work on your defenses,wall is basicly enough and if you suffer some attack throughout the night,well - itīs not much of a loss in comparison to having your fortress raided.
This way, you get protection of your fortress all the time and you lose only resources through the night. Example - during the night, you lose 100k wood and 60k stone, but since your fortress is safe.Thatīs fine.However if you were to built defenses and your protection would fade, immediately after that you would get looted and unlike during the night of loosing 100k wood and 60k stone, you would loose for example 1.5 milion of wood and 900k stone.
Conclusion ? It is easy to " hide " your resources easily by simply not making any strong defenses and let yourself attack by someone at least once a day - and the very low resources people get from you are not even worth for anyone to attack you.Not nice.
Old 9th April 2016, 11:43 AM
Epic Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
2)As for the range of players there is a reason for that say u are a top 20 player and u were to attack a say some under the rank of 300 for 1 it is unfair as that player has most likely a way lower fortress lvl and 2 is also out of range for u to get any loot.
Rank of the player shows Nothing about how developed they fortress is. You gain fame by simply attacking people with no defenses and even guy with level 8 fortress can become Number.1 in fortress,even though all others have lvl 15 fortress.Well, that would basicly make him invincible as others couldnt get any resources from him at all - but thatīs not the point.
Rank means basicly nothing, it only shows how often someone attacks and thatīs it.Fortress is not arena, got it bobo ? Itīs entirely different mechanics and i wont discuss this again - you can read about it in previous topic about this thing.
Also, the player with Strongest fortress at w.1 (from what i know ) is out of reach for best players.Why ? Thatīs because he understand this mechanics - he stopped attacking, his rank dropped,and now nobody can ever beat him. Yey for good mechanics.

The way it is now,if i compare it to arena(here you got it bobo),itīs not that Best players are competing against each other,itīs just people who frequently attacks compete against each other. Thus, the strongest player cannot compete against each other, as they are scattered throughout the ranks and are invincible because nobody can defeat them, and they cant even gain higher rank because they wouldnt get any loot from weak people around them ( unless they would want to waste resources by attacking weak players).

This needs to change, and if attacks were based on fortress level +-2, there will be high variety of players to attack and thus it would be more fun. Now the way it is, i merely Farm some specific players from these +- 80 people i can attack and thatīs it, a bit boring.

Not to mention that i have barely any competition because these people who frequently attacks are just weak ( i have almost level 16 fortress,yet they have fortress level 13-15, and itīs not even worth attacking anyone anymore).

It just needs to be changed a bit.
Old 9th April 2016, 01:40 PM
Weekend Hero

It's not like you ASK the players to raid you when you have no defense, if they were smart, they would wait for your protection to be over, then they can raid you when you ONLY have a wall and make an even bigger profit.
Also, on the matter of looting "basically nothing", that's not entirely true since if you have a higher fortress level than your attacker, the loot gets bigger.
*** Shadow World [81/150]
**** Pets [44/100]
***** Tower [84/100]
Old 9th April 2016, 02:45 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

You have short range of players to attack especially in upper part of ranking and people notice your lack of defense pretty quick. When that happens they tend to wait with attack for your protection to wear off for greater loot.

Tested on my"perfect"self.
Old 9th April 2016, 04:07 PM
Hero

The big sharks eat the litle fishes over and over again. So the litle fishes cant grow up and need to find a way to hide...why spend hundreds of resources in defenses when the "big" will atack just to win a couple of resources. pretty legit to me

Last edited by dfps; 9th April 2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:11 PM
Epic Hero

Lissy,bqczek :Itīs not about smart attackers.All you need is one person to attack you to get your protection refreshed and there will always be someone who will attack you - at least during the night. Also, you dont get bigger loot if you attack someone who has higher fortress, however attacking people with lower fortress will yield low loot - so basicly me as higher level fortress guy wont get any profit from attacking people now ( very rarely people have so many resources that itīs actually profitable for me to attack them).

Dfps: Big sharks have no need to attack little fishes as they tend to have barely any resources to arouse their interests. Though i have no problem with little fishes, i have problem with Big Sharks hiding from other big sharks.

Itīs little bit boring at top, when there is no competition - not to mention that strongest guy ranked down because of not attacking, and now he is safe from other top ranked sharks,meh.
Old 9th April 2016, 08:35 PM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borb View Post
Lissy,bqczek :Itīs not about smart attackers.All you need is one person to attack you to get your protection refreshed and there will always be someone who will attack you - at least during the night. Also, you dont get bigger loot if you attack someone who has higher fortress, however attacking people with lower fortress will yield low loot - so basicly me as higher level fortress guy wont get any profit from attacking people now ( very rarely people have so many resources that itīs actually profitable for me to attack them).

Dfps: Big sharks have no need to attack little fishes as they tend to have barely any resources to arouse their interests. Though i have no problem with little fishes, i have problem with Big Sharks hiding from other big sharks.

Itīs little bit boring at top, when there is no competition - not to mention that strongest guy ranked down because of not attacking, and now he is safe from other top ranked sharks,meh.
Well if you are looking for just resources the yes I can see where attacking has slacked off if u have one of the top fortresses. Also I cant think of any that is gonna spend shrooms to have one of those top fortresses not attacking to be the top ranked player so I can see a flaw in that theory of top players being thru out the rankings. Yes some lower fortress players maybe mixed in some but not many.

Now if you are going for rank the lose of troops and resources don't matter if it gets you the top rank.