Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 6th November 2017, 01:53 PM
Hatchling

Default Exploit in fortress intended?

Hi everyone, i'm new here but not new to the game, i have been playing the game in my own way and luckily with alot of effort i made my way to the top players in the fortress, for those unaware the game heavily rewards effort, so at the end game you need to manage up to 45 soldiers and then you scatter them in several attacks, often being 8/9/10 for those that lack defenses, gaining quite a bit of honor, or 40 in big attacks to try and get as many resources as you can.

The best players always attack, always restock soldiers and try to attack as many times as they can, often spending alot of gold from selling gems to rotate the players they want to attack.

Gaining honor and resources is rare (as in spending few soldier but still getting lot's of resources), but may happen with players that have tons of resources but have weakened defenses, that's why some players resort to multi accounts, but if found those are disposed.

The issue is that among the top players there is a group that are using what i believe is an exploit.
I'll explain.

Several players have really weak defenses, so weak that a single soldier defeats them, they do not care, instead they search over days or weeks for specific players in the exact same conditions and attack one time as many times they can, they do this for like 40 times (even if it takes 1 month), what happens next you guys probably know, the other player will counter attack 40 times, gaining 40 honor, spending no gold in rerolls (changing the player to attack) and the resources will again switch to one player to another while at the same time granting that temporary protection due to the attack, so less resources can be taken by other players, this is followed by 40 counter counter attacks and then 40 counter counter counter attacks and so on.

A never ending suply of 40 honor, achieving max efficiency at no cost.

This isn't against the rules (i think, a mod can correct me on this), but my question is if there are plans to stop this, there is a clear coordination between players and this is used to bypass gold cost, grant protection and massive ammounts of honor.
No matter how good you are, it would take an insane amount of rerolls (and gold) to find these players 40 times in one go, imagine the issue over months, you just can't sustain it, but these players with no defenses can

I look at it and it's clear it's not intented given the way fortress is set up. Players are not even defending themselves or trying to reroll, they use the counter attack system, are constantly protected and spend no effort defending themselves.

Will all the counter attacks be consolidated into 1? (still exploitable) or will we gain a feature so that players gain and lose honor at the same time, because gaining honor only is an issue. Or why not getting rid of counter attacks altogether?

Let me know what you think.

To be clear, really good players over the course of months have gathered alot of honor, since the start of fortress, this however is being nullified in a couple of weeks by these players who attack each eachother in a never ending counter attack battle, on a late game, you might be able to find players with destroyed defenses and you will be able do win if you spend 10 soldiers on average, so with 40 soldiers you win 4 honor, these players using this exploit win 10x more honor, with no consequences, constant protection (so low ammounts of resources to steal), no gold to reroll players and no need to create anything to defend themselves (archers and mages).

It is not rewarding effort, it's in fact the other way around.

Last edited by DCPlayer; 6th November 2017 at 08:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCPlayer For This Useful Post:
BMWGuinness (6th November 2017), rvm1975 (8th November 2017), theDevil (7th November 2017)
Old 6th November 2017, 02:24 PM
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback! No, what you describe is not against the rules.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 6th November 2017, 08:26 PM
Hatchling

I understand that, but was this situation known? is it more common than what i imagined?
Old 6th November 2017, 09:09 PM
Community Manager

There are several strategies. "Normal" fortress attacks don't give you much honor. Some players decide not to attack when a server is launched, wait instead and fight their way up later on, defeating inactives etc.

Old 7th November 2017, 06:41 PM
Hatchling

Is what i mentioned an intended strategy?
Old 7th November 2017, 08:00 PM
Community Manager

I don't think so but there are always ways to get an extra advantage.