Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 25th January 2021, 09:08 PM
Hatchling

Default Pet System rebalancing

Hi all,

First post here, long time player. I wouldn't have made this post if I wasn't really sure that something needs to be taken with the community.

The pet fight system does not seem to work for me. The tactics are weak nowadays and luck is very dominant. The main element of interest for my Scout - Light - was very low and being left behind from the other elements, so I needed to do something to bring it up to speed with the rest.

To do that, I had a test. I tried to lower my server rank in pet fights by fighting only with my weakest environment's pets (light) until I reach the level of my strongest environment (fire). To accelerate this, instead of waiting 5 days to fight with my weakest environment pets I was going also for the 1st fight of the other 4 days ONLY IF:
- the level gap with the opponent was very high for this fight (so that I would lose),
- or at least notably higher than my pets of the weak environment for that fight in terms of "grass is beaten by fire, fire by water, ..." etc.

This test lasted 4 months till today and I noticed that my wins and losses were random ~7 times out of 10. When I say random, I mean that these relatively obvious tacts to lower my rank and fight with weaker opponents did not work. And when I say weaker opponents, i mean at least comparable to my weakest environment's pets.

Statistically speaking, even 2 or more times out of 10 to have a random effect, it would mean tactics is pointless.

Therefore, my suggestions are the following in 3 options:

1) increase the effect of pet level difference by reducing the critical hits based on luck. Increase the effect of who beats who, like "mage pet can beat easier tank pet, tank --> archer, archer--> mage".
2) introduce a more realistic tactical environment with more options, like choosing the order of how I want my pets to fight in attack and how in defence and based on this order some pets of the same environment could synergize for bigger (and truer) tactical effect.
3) Remove the total pet level of your opponent for psychological reasons because after all this testing it doesn't seem to make sense and it causes frustration. Keep the system then as is so that users understand that it is very random in the end, without getting frustrated.

Best regards,

Maka of Phonis w26
Old 26th January 2021, 02:19 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

i agree with you, the late game of the pet fight system is really bad.

but the pet fight system is also bugged.
the game displays that the pets have armor, but during the fight this armor just doesn't applies.

there was a more indepth bug report in the german forum [link]

this makes the pet fight system even more random, and it makes scout-pets more op,
because without armor the "rock, paper, scissors" class system gets unbalanced.

without armor scout & warrior pets deal 10% more damage to mage pets,
and in a fight scout vs warrior pet, the warroir deals 25% more damage and the scout 50%.
the scout pet has a clear advantage against both other classes

Last edited by Eggman95; 27th January 2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 26th January 2021, 03:14 PM

Question is whether the armor is supposed to be displayed or whether it is really supposed to be applied in fight.

We'll have to see what Playa says.
SFTools - https://sftools.mar21.eu