Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 18th September 2017, 06:01 PM
Mighty Hero

Default Gem extraction bug

I have reported this as a ticket - but raising it here as well, as it is quite serious.

Don't select "Gem extraction" and try to pay with mushrooms (until fixed)... I just tried that. The game accepted my 10 mushrooms. It extracted my gem -but... It ate my epic. My ring disappeared .... I had plenty of open slots.
I am pretty sad right now, as you dont get many epics at my level (440) and it was also upgraded a number of times.
Lost 1062 on my luck, and even more on constitution and strength, where I also have potions to boost my stats. Hope they fix soon and revert my losses.
Old 18th September 2017, 06:20 PM
Greenhorn

Hello,

Not sure if there was a change to the original intent behind the gem extraction, maybe something was updated when shrooms were added to the options in smithy, BUT, originally if a gem was removed from an item, you get the gem but the item itself was destroyed.

As per FAQ section of Game Manual.
4) Gem extraction: extracts the gem from a socketed item and destroys the item. The gem is sent to your backpack , ready to be used in a different item.
Old 18th September 2017, 06:58 PM
Mighty Hero

Hi Shandle.
Thank you for your reply... Gee - well. It doesnt say anything about the item being destroyed when I did it. It does not resonate to me at all... My epic is so much more worth than the gem.
Well -seems like I am the only one stupid enough to actually spend mushrooms on a gem, whereby I am the first to notice??
Old 18th September 2017, 07:10 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum

There's a confirmation popup telling you the item will be destroyed. You are asked if you would like to continue or not.

What's your platform?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Last edited by Leander; 18th September 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 18th September 2017, 07:47 PM
Mighty Hero

did not read that part... I could not imagine such catastrophic and unproportional consequences... I am on the browser.
Really- that does not make any sense to me at all :-o. Though I had to approve that I really wanted to pay the 10 mushrooms
Old 18th September 2017, 08:28 PM
Community Manager

Sorry to hear but just pay more attention next time.

Old 18th September 2017, 08:35 PM
Mighty Hero

As I feel right now, there will be no next time.
Old 18th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Mighty Weekend Hero

yeah, the removing gem feature (while destroying the item) is completely useless. i woundn't really consider it good even if the item woundn't be destroyed, but how it works at the moment it is rendered even more pointless.
Old 18th September 2017, 09:49 PM
Community Manager

Sometimes you find an epic item that is slightly better than your currently equipped item. The follower of your class might have a good one too...extracting the gem is easier than mining for a new gem as you might get a couple of useless ones. Depends on the situation.

Old 23rd September 2017, 11:12 PM
Adventurer

I did this just a couple of days ago and was well aware that the item would be destroyed. I had bought a better item from the shop and wanted to equip it with the old gem, just as Leander suggests.

I suppose it might be worth creating an option to "separate" items and gems while retaining both, but it would have to cost a lot more than 10 shrooms.